Explain killstreaks. (If you can)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Explain killstreaks. (If you can)

in reply to Restore_Hardcor1

Lol funny listening to the few noobs complaining about better players being rewarded for playing well. You know- the unique selling point of this billion dollar franchise that is COD?They say- ''If you were in last place you would get the best items as rewards'' erm.. why is final stand and dead man's hand in the game already? It's so you noobs can still get 1 kill to go with your 20+ deaths per game!

LOL and anyone who says that killstreaks are 'lazy' is deluded and a blatantly bad player. Obviously some people have never actually used assault killstreak rewards themselves because they are not a good enough player to earn them. Stick to the support killstreak package little children noobs, maybe some day you will get more than five kills in one match lol

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Restore_Hardcor1

Restore_Hardcorejr wrote:

LOL I have never thought of it like that. Thats a good point you made, Bdbrown. I don't know if you ever played Mario Kart, but I remember that if you were in first place, you wouldn't get any good items to use againts your opponents. If you were in last place, you would usually get the best items, like that blue shell or that lightning that would hurt all of your opponents. I wonder what a COD game with the Mario Kart item logic would be like. Might be interesting.

It would be.

As you stated, in Mario Kart when a player is in last place that player usually gets a better item like Lightning or the best item like the Blue Shell. The player however did not earn the item. It was a Randomly selected by a program given to a player who is not doing very well.

In COD, (traditional) Killstreak rewards are Earned. Regardless of what their team standing is in the Game Mode they are playing. As long as they earned it, they will get it.

The only exception is the Care Package because even though it's still earned, the contents are Random. Therefore, it can be a UAV or an AC-130. Regardless if the player's team is winning or losing.

So, I guess it would be good if a losing team gets a better Care package content.

Level 11

in reply to frats74

Ok fair play frats74 your care package idea is good and I agree with you that it would make it more interesting and possibly level the playing field a bit. However this is where the line should be drawn. Bad players are already rewarded with death streaks, lets not give them any more encouragement to play badly, otherwise we could get into the ridiculous scenario where players are trying to lose.

Level 1

in reply to ganjsmok

ganjsmok wrote:

Ok fair play frats74 your care package idea is good and I agree with you that it would make it more interesting and possibly level the playing field a bit. However this is where the line should be drawn. Bad players are already rewarded with death streaks, lets not give them any more encouragement to play badly, otherwise we could get into the ridiculous scenario where players are trying to lose.

No, I wasn't trying to encourage players to play badly so they can earn something good. I see your point though. Using Street Fighter 4 as reference, they have a Revenge Gauge that allows the character to perform an Ultra Combo, thus giving them a chance to win when they're losing. Of course, if one is not careful with playing bad on purpose, the other player can still win.

My post with regards to the Care Package was based on my experience in MW2. I noticed that the Care Packages I got from an Emergency Drop were better when the team I was playing on is losing.

Not that I was playing bad on purpose;

ie.

I joined a losing game already in-progress, my team just started to fail as we played, etc...

I didn't get better Care Packages most of the time, but it does lend its support of the Mario Kart theory of getting a better Random Killstreak obtained from a Care Package.

It may or may not help an already losing team. It depends.

Message was edited by: frats74

Level 11

Studios