Anyone else been hacked?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Anyone else been hacked?

in reply to Elite-Rebel-XX1

Thank you Elite-Rebel-XX.

I'm thinking that it is important for us who experiance any form for cheating and hacking to speak up, and get it out in the open that we don't aprove sutch actions. If InfinityWard and Trayarch want us to keep playing their games, they have to do something about it, and put an end to this.

The truth is that i love the call of duty series, so i have to buy it . But the cheaters and hackers take all the fun out of the game.

Level 1

in reply to Lemmenfield

See this is exactly why I don't buy it. I'm sorry, if you have a son who has been hacked. But I still have to insist, you actually talk to him about this, and make sure he didn't give out any kind of information. It's not "just" about Trayarch/InfinityWard and their ability to conduct security. And it's not a fanboy issue, I think some of the problems these people have are rediculously stupid. But, If your son had been ligitly 'hacked' and his account actually taken. Either he would have had to of had an extremely easy password (and this can often be true aswell) or he gave out his password information. Otherwise, lets assume he had actually been "hacked".  That's not a Trayarch/InfinityWard problem. Because that account ties into the PSN account. Now, which is more likely?

An intruder went the ten mile, to steal your sons password. And I believe (atleast I certainly hope so) that after recent problems they have really buckled down on security. So go through all that for his password?

OR

An intruder sent a message to your son saying "I can help you prestige instantly, I just need your account information" or (and I've seen this one floating around) "I'm (insert representitive icon here) and I'm offering you a $150 game card, I just need to know your account information" And your son read one of these messages and then gave out his information trying to get something for free, or he had an easily accessible password that someone could guess like something in his username?

Now if your son has legitly been hacked. What are you doing complaining about it on here? Go contact Playstation immediately and stay on them, until they do something about it.

Level 1

in reply to x-King181-x

I have contacted Playstation network about this. Still waiting for answer. Could take up to 3 days.

This thread is also about cheating and hacking in general. We see this all the time. It's a known problem.

Level 1

Studios