Kill trading in public matches. To stay or not?

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Kill trading in public matches. To stay or not?

Today's playlist update has enabled kill trades which is a situation where both people in a gunfight die at the same time and would award both players a Trade medal. While this mechanic has been a part of other FPS series such as Battlefield for years, this is the first time that kill trading can happen in any COD. Infinity Ward has said they will moniter this closely and may revert this change based on the data and community feedback.

On one hand, a kill trade can be nice in that it can mean an extra kill or two for players that not good at IW as well as allow everyone to collect this medal for their combat record while better players will rant about why the enemy's bullets are now being counted and now dieing more often. Personally, this could call for some slight changes in tactics given that it can be hard to tell if you will survive or die to the enemy in certain situations.

Should kill trading remain or should Infinity Ward remove this mechanic from public matches? What tactics can counter kill trades?

Level 33
56 REPLIES

Re: Kill trading in public matches. To stay or not?

in reply to Rusted_Ace2013

The absences of kill trading was one of the best features of the Call of Duty franchise. The deliberate introduction of kill trading to Infinite Warfare makes this the worst Call of Duty by default. Kill trading is the worst part of shooters like Destiny, H1Z1, and others.

Level 1

I should try this. Now all of the laggy hitmarkers (on 7ms to a server) I get after dying might actually mean something, yay!

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o
LOL
Level 26

The kill trade absolutely sucks. 

This game has enough issues with hit detection... I don't think it's a smart move at all. 

Level 3

Well, so far I've got 13 Trade Medals. Yay, go me... *eye roll*

Level 29

Well I tried it... didn't realise it would be in every game mode. It's *****ing AIDS as expected... more slow scrubby lagtards getting kills they didn't earn. I can't believe they'd actually consider this.

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

So, has anyone else noticed a lot more Howitzers seem to be used? 

Level 40

I wanted it. Now that we have it, I hate it. Take it back, nobody wants it.

SuFd_Dodge
Activision Ambassador

[ Edited ]

Not sure why they ever thought this would be a good idea. I haven't even played for about a week so I haven't experienced it yet. Does it happen often? I know an advanced movement FPS isn't very realistic, but this takes it to an unbearable level of cringe.

Level 26

Studios