Very Lopsided Games and Newbies

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Very Lopsided Games and Newbies

I've finally made my Ghosts multiplayer transition from the 360 to the One over the past couple weeks. I played mostly Core TDM on the 360 and have noticed this in Core TDM on the One.

One of the biggest observations I've made are more frequent games with the outcome being heavily lopsided. The winners are dominating and the losers being demolished. Of course there were games like this on the 360 but it seems to be much more common since I made the transition. And its not like its a bunch of randoms vs clans or big parties. Maybe a couple friends but for the most part randoms on both teams.

Something I also find encouraging, is the amount of new players I see entering multiplayer. I know the population on the One can certainly be considered lower than what we're accustom to over the years with past titles. For the amount of newbies I see, its kind of surprising especially for March. Maybe some of the promotions Ghosts has been offering are working. ??

Does anyone else out there notice these observations? And if you do, are there any reasons you can think of for the occurrences?

Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Very Lopsided Games and Newbies

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0
Solution
‎29-03-2014 06:42 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbab682b3f851b6323128e8177ed4974/tumblr_mq5x0vmEDh1rnlb7lo1_500.jpg

Level 33
24 REPLIES

i am sure the newbes would be the people who bought the one for tf and bought ghost at the same time, they may have come from ps3 hence the new profiles. I play hc so we dont see newbees as much.

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

Very good guess or theory. Give it a couple days.....I'll have you copy and paste this post two more times and then deem you helpful, helpful, and correct.

Judging by the amount of responses I got.  I should have mentioned lag or spawning for more traffic. Or maybe why Ghosts is soooo bad.

Level 75

yea the x1 section is really a bunch of complaints if you want responses i would use general pop instead or teh ot but game discussions are not aloud.

i am sure the newbes would be the people who bought the one for tf and bought ghost at the same time, they may have come from ps3 hence the new profiles. I play hc so we dont see newbees as much.

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

Yeah but this is really an Xbox discussion that only applies to the One players since thats where I made my observations. Don't worry, I'm completely used to having dead threads.

Yeah I rarely see newbies playing with you guys, maybe because three quarters of the players know each other.

Level 75

They did have ghosts on clearance for $20 off to try and keep everyone from going to Titanfall. Didn't work though. As a result we have bargain hunting noobs on line now. No secret the match making is horrible in this game. Noobs need to look closely at the k/d of the teams being matched and get out when it's stacked against them. If going into a game that's already started they need to look at the teams score and k/d before stepping into that game. It will be a lot more fun if they are not getting constantly slaughtered every match.

Level 12

in reply to FavoriteApe3680

Yeah but the new guys have been on both teams a lot in tdm and sometimes the lopsided games don't have any new guys in them as well. I didn't really mean to mix the two observations. Although there are definitely times when the game is heavily lopsided because of newbies.

I've got 12 days played and find myself on the slaughtered team as well. I don't think there is any definitive answer or fishing for a negative matchmaking theory. I just noticed it after transferring over.

Level 75

yea but if your a newbee typically the first place youll go is core tdm, so it makes sense that you would see more. plus people may be making a new account for the x1 or trials.

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

Yes. For sure. I guess its just expected with a new console like you touched on.

Level 75

i know that with one gold membership all my kids and wife can access all the perks. i can use my wifes profile to play ghosts and i would be level one

Level 33

Studios