COD GHOSTS IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: COD GHOSTS IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

in reply to starbuckfrack

I am not just sighted on my target, I am shooting the sighted target, BEFORE being fired upon. The hit box is my complaint. Please reread what I have previously posted as I feel I am having to repeat myself. The hit boxes in this game are off. I shoot a target dead on & miss, I shoot again but am clearly off target yet get not just a hit but a kill shot??? Just getting a hit is perplexing. Also don't knock the kill cams. The one's I've seen at the end of the game have been exactly what I've seen in game. Including when I missed but got the final kill, for ALL to see.

there is def latency. I've been shot & blown up after I passed where I was when it shows me getting killed & I don't mean a kill cam. I mean when it shows you where you got killed from.

Level 3

in reply to DrEggsta

Of course the hitboxes are off. Because there IS latency. Even in a LAN setting the hitboxes arent exactly where the bodies are. Thats how the internet works snd how lag comp deal with differences in latency.. First of all the position of the other player has to get sent to the host which then gets sent to you. That could be for example 200 ms difference in his position. If you got 50 ms one way and the opponent has 250 you are still going to be 250 ms off. But you STILL will win the gunfight if you BOTH had the same exact weapon and BOTH were perfectly on target.

As in the final killcam and most other killcams you are seeing mostly what the host is seeing at about 20 FPS with no lag compensation shown in there.

Shooting at the target doesnt always work because you should be shooting where the hitboxes are. If it were someone in South America and only you you might have to lead your target some but thank god for lag comp you dont have to lead as much.

Why do you think for example you might see you shooting someone in the head and you dont get a headshot ? Shooting the sighted target does not always work. Maybe YOU should read what I said.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/5972/networking-lag-compensation-hit-detection

Go down to where it shows the mouse running

Level 72

why do I need to reread what you have posted??? You are the one trying to answer me correct? You can't answer me if I have to keep repeating myself to you now can you?

as for what you are referring, I get ptp hosting. I was hoping it would be different on the x1 as IW was supposed to use the cloud servers & move away from ptp hosting. I actually find it worse yet not as bad. I don't see people "ice skating" near as much but I do see a lot of horrible hit boxes & bullets not registering. Earlier tonight I had a potential double kill. When I sighted my 1st target I fired a few rounds & moved on to the next target. My mistake bc not only did I not get the kill on my 1st target I also didn't get any hit markers although I was dead on. It almost seemed as if I was too fast for the game.

thanks for the link. Although a lot of that info is old stuff, it was entertaining.

Level 3

in reply to DrEggsta

The Xone doesnt use the cloud for playing COD. As a matter of fact hardly any Xbox One game uses the cloud as dedicated servers.  Al it uses is software to help with the game. COD uses its own rented servers called Thunderbird to play the game. The game also uses listen servers and not P2P, I use to used the words P2P too because it was shorter but it was the wrong term. Basically P2P is more like a community without a central host telling them what do to. Listen Servers would work more like the petals of a flower attached to a central host or center. P2P each person can send packets to every other person in their network, listen servers everyone sends their packets to only one host. On P2P like Kazaa 10 people all send information to each other when sharing files. FPS games dont do that.

There is no possible way for COD to use dedicated servers to cover everybody one the earth, its impossible. In BF4 for example you get to choose your own server that is the good thing. The negative side is that server could be 2000 miles away and be the nearest server to you. If BF4 threw you into a server of THEIR choice like COD does you would really have some bad games if you were out in the boondocks.

In this game I barely if ever remember rubber banding, ice skating, or skipping, so they seem to be dong something right especially when more player that had sucky connections before say this has the best connectivity yet.

BTW that link wasnt really old stuff , it was made in Feb lats year. Everything still applies to how lag comp works in general. You will see like for example he mentions Black Ops 2.

The reason I said to reread what I said because you still argue you were dead on target when you werent. At some WTF moments you arent supposed to be hitting the player model you see, you should be hitting the hitboxes. Its typical for example for the closer the player is to you the more the hitboxes are off.

Lets say the enemy is running from 3 to 6 to 9 to 12, etc. You are aiming at point 18. Now the interpolation is filling in the blanks 7,8,9,10,11,12. Now all of a sudden the player changes direction and gets packet loss at section 15. The game still used interpolation to fill in the blanks 10,11,12, 13,14, missed packet assuming 15,16,17. Since the player changed direction and is at position 7 or 8 right now but on your screen since the game could not update he is at position 17 on your screen but in reality he is in position 7 or 8.  Welcome to the WTF moments that is lag compensation in a very fast paced game like COD. The faster the game pace the more WTF moments you are going to get.

You want to get rid of lag comp moments then you need to do many things . Slow down the pace of the game, increase the hitpoints on every player, get rid of the killcam, and basically turn this game into BF4.

Oh wait that wont happen because in BF games I can still put a full load of shots into a player and the after action cam still shows he has 80 percent health left.

Dont know why you are acting like what happens on your screen is an accurate representation of what happened because it is not. On your screen for example you shot first, on the enemies screen he shot first, but neither one of those comes into play when it comes to figure out who shot first on your end or the enemies end. Who decides who shot first is called the HOST, and he decides how the game played out as well as where your shots actually went.

Level 72

"The Xone doesnt use the cloud for playing COD. As a matter of fact hardly any Xbox One game uses the cloud as dedicated servers."

you drive a delorean equipped with a flux capacitor don't you.

I'm not arguing I was dead on target, I was typed what I saw. end of story. no more, no less.

Level 3

in reply to DrEggsta

Yeah why dont we nitpick every single thing each one of us said that will make you smarter. Its your words in there not mine. No need to act childish and add your insults cause you were wrong.

Try next time reading the entire thing I wrote. Even IF they used dedicated servers across the board it STILL will not solve all the earths problems. Try reading more than just one sentence.

"I was hoping it would be different on the x1 as IW was supposed to use the cloud servers & move away from ptp hosting"

No where did IW say they were using the XBL cloud servers as dedicated servers and the game doesnt use P2P hosting. Nor did they ever say they were going to move away from either P2P hosting or listen servers. They did say they were going to utilize the cloud servers but that would entail that the reader knew what cloud servers were.

You assumed wrong, big deal. So what.

Level 72

ok, I did say that. and your point is???

they did say that, here on this very forum!!!

I agree, big deal, move on, so what.

Level 3

in reply to DrEggsta

Proof that they said it ?

your weak attempts to derail my post from one single sentence that was a reply from what YOU said doesnt make me wrong.

On October 7th in THIS forum they stated they were going to use hybrid servers which are a mix of dedicated servers and listen servers.

So you got proof for what you didnt know how to read ? I mean why not ? Lets just go off on a total tangent from what I WAS talking about because you cant type.

Level 72
Highlighted

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.

Nope no where does it say that this will be the end of listen servers (or P2P or any other phrase you want to use.)

Level 72

Yeh, update. Updates change. Change from what was initially said in this case. They said they would use the cloud before the release of the x1. But I'm sure you can't read that bc I can't type. :/

Level 3

Studios