Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

This reply was not posted to nicedrewish . I misread who posted the above poster and THOUGHT I was posting to the OP when I wasnt , but still think the points in this post matter.

well you have (BIG estimate ) at least ten percent of the gamers who got in that modded lobby. So should ALL the players who played in that game be banned ? Microsoft bans all players who particpate in modded lobbies using those infections.

I have yet in 5 years of playing COD and playing the same gametypes as other have still YET to have fallen into a modded lobby. So in my veiw every single person that fell in a modded lobby should be banned . But that isnt a topic that should be posted on this forum as it breeds hostility. Again we are on the outside looking in.

so far they havent done any banning yet so how can you tell if they arent doing anything. Besides that isnt the point of your topic. The point of your topic is should they have waited to release the game , and THAT point was already disproven not to work.

So now that leaves the subject where you mention coding.....

As far as nipping it in the bud thats true they should. But in a real world scenario that isnt going to happen. The procedure to patch a game takes up to 5 weeks. see reply below.

Even though the webpage is old it still has to go thru the same LONG procedure. This isnt something that can be fixed with a hotfix.

So how do you know if they havent already made a patch and are waiting for MS to approve it ? Again you are on the outside looking in.

EDITED They dont have developers purposefully "slipping antifreeze" into the game code. The code is just there waiting for someone to abuse it.

So should they just never release another video game out there because hackers abuse the code ?

Level 72
Highlighted

in reply to starbuckfrack
Level 72

No, Not developers, was referring to nefarious types doing so.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I changed some of my post above cause I noticed it was you at the last minute . But the nipping in the bud issue was why I still kept most of it. I wrongly assume the OP was replying to me so changed that portion of my post . Sorry all

As far as we know a few days ago they could have said "screw the Xbox 360 no more games on it and no more money spent on it." You know the back of the box stuff. Then we have to consider it a write off.

I honestly think they are working on it just has to have it spread out more because "the boss just bought a new vacuum and its broke already"

Level 72

Starbuck you have turned this into a hacking thread. My main point was, could, with a bit more time, COD have been improved. Not just hacks, but different game modes. It's all team deathmatch modes really as they have no score streaks. Also I am not blaming the developers for me spending my money. I like COD. I have spent nearly 3 days on this one already. I was asking a rhetorical question. You are like a red rag to a bull. You seem to have to be right always. No I have not seen the code and nor do I want to. It would be of no interest to me. I just like to play and have fun, which I am doing. I am not having fun answering your broken record answers back to me. Fundamentally COD has not moved on. It may do after Ghosts. We'll see, but I suppose people don't want it to change, they just like to moan about each release. Good day Sir

Level 3

in reply to Gremlin04

Gremlin04 wrote:

Starbuck you have turned this into a hacking thread. My main point was, could, with a bit more time, COD have been improved. Not just hacks, but different game modes. It's all team deathmatch modes really as they have no score streaks. Also I am not blaming the developers for me spending my money. I like COD. I have spent nearly 3 days on this one already. I was asking a rhetorical question. You are like a red rag to a bull. You seem to have to be right always. No I have not seen the code and nor do I want to. It would be of no interest to me. I just like to play and have fun, which I am doing. I am not having fun answering your broken record answers back to me. Fundamentally COD has not moved on. It may do after Ghosts. We'll see, but I suppose people don't want it to change, they just like to moan about each release. Good day Sir

OK let me say this again. Even though I already answered this at least twice for you.

GTA5 has taken FIVE YEARS to make but is there really five years innovation in the game . NO. It is STILL the same game. SAME GAME. Do you get that ? There is no reall innovation between GTA5 and GTA4. Its just a larger map and you get the chance to play the three characters in the game. Nothing is really different about it. Technically all GTA online is is the same basic free roam with missions added. Dont you think in 5 years they could have made something different ?

Why do you keep avoiding that ? Someone else said another game took 15 years to make and it sucked. Yet you seem to ignore that fact.

Tell me then WHAT game in history took time between versions and was remarkably different then its predecessor ? What game release was a better innovation than the previous release ? Now you could say it was COD4 which many would agree on but they didnt need TIME to make the game better because it only took a year to release. What made the game better is because the IDEAS were better.

COD would have been the SAME game it is now even IF they took another year to make the game they still would have made it the same way because that is how they WANTED to make it.

Has Battlefield moved on ? NO.

Has ANY game really moved on from the same old game. NO.

They tried to make this game like Battlefeild. Did people complain they made it more like Battlefied. YES.

They dont need TIME to make a better game. What they NEED is everyday people that play the game with fresh ideas. Oh wait they have those when they hire on a new company to help out.

Level 72

They still need to take my idea.

Develop the game to close to the Beta Stage.

Bring in a group consisting of known hackers, low reputation players, and 10 year olds and give them a few weeks with the game., Find out what exploits they find. See what cheesy tricks they use. See what hacks/glitches they discover. Find out what the 10 year olds like.

Then take all of that out of the game. Would be the finest product ever

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Perfect COD ever

Level 3

nicedrewishfela wrote:

They still need to take my idea.

Develop the game to close to the Beta Stage.

Bring in a group consisting of known hackers, low reputation players, and 10 year olds and give them a few weeks with the game., Find out what exploits they find. See what cheesy tricks they use. See what hacks/glitches they discover. Find out what the 10 year olds like.

Then take all of that out of the game. Would be the finest product ever

But that would take Time

Level 40

You mean when Bill Gates put out the test for hackers to hack into that release of Windows and the hackers broke into the code in five minutes ?

If they let the code out it could affect sales in my opinion. Its better in my opinion to only see what you want them too see.

I mean there has got to be a reason why they stopped doing public Betas.

Level 72

Studios