Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?

in reply to im_unknown

I agree, at first I wanted Call of Duty to change practically everything, just to be new. But it makes sense that they don't because it's in large part a formula that is fun. But they need to fix lots of things, primarily the connection (adding dedicated servers should help a lot). I think that upgrading the graphics to meet next gen capabilities would do a lot, also. Even though graphics aren't everything of course. And headglitching needs to go.

Level 18

in reply to im_unknown

Ghost is looking awesome. According to Driftor on youtube he thinks there will be less scoping camping and headglitching and it looks nice too.

Level 6

in reply to Desslok

I'm with you on that one. Personally, I'm really excited for Ghosts. I think it's going to be a great game. Granted that we have only seen a very limited amount of gameplay, but nevertheless I am really looking forward to it.

Level 3

in reply to im_unknown

Honestly Call of Duty is far from fast paced. If anyone remembers its father, Quake 3, knows what fast paced is. Twitch shooters were the golden age of gaming, they helped popularize online shooters. If you like CoD for its pace, Quake 3 is vastly superior. The gameplay is amazing non-stop adrenaline action, the maps are varied and various. Quake 3 requires a larger degree of skill, that turns away those who fail to adapt to the skill (10 year-olds), and the trickjumping community of Quake greatly eclipses the trickshoting community of Call of Duty. The game is legendary, so much so that the community is still thriving, and their match will not burn out for another few good years.

I don't really mean to bash, but Call of Duty has acted like a cancer on the gaming industry. Studios throw away creativity for a chance to score in a game that is more about authenticity than gameplay. It's awful, I feel if this saturation of the market keeps on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the gaming industry crash again.

Level 1

in reply to Sojourner1

I'd blame that on competing developers not knowing how to make a popular game without copying Call of Duty, not so much Call of Duty itself.

And Call of Duty *is* fast paced, older games may have been faster but that doesn't mean Call of Duty now isn't fast paced. There aren't many other games out there that are as fast. Even though the fast paced, pinball action of Call of Duty gets old at times imo.

Level 18

I know we've only seen a bit of Ghosts. But, because of the new movement mechanics, bigger maps for more playstyles, I think Ghosts will be blending the best of the COD series: Multiple playstyles, and fast paced gameplay without the clusterfk of pace BO2. BO2 isn't fast paced. It's clusterfk pace with tiny maps that create no time to think. The only playstyle BO2 supports is spawn, kill, spawn, kill. BO2 became boring to me very early on. My BO2 disc will become my new drink coaster then Ghosts comes out.

Level 21

in reply to im_unknown

There will always be haters for COD. It has been like this for every COD game that I can remember. The makers can create a game that the majority of players like but there will always be people who hate on a part of the game they see and that will be all they complain about.

Its nothing new and it certainly wont stop.

Level 37

in reply to im_unknown

While it's good that Infinity Ward are doing all these 'improvements', unless they're implemented in a good way and the core weapon balancing is done correctly, then they'll all be for nothing.

Level 1

in reply to im_unknown

One word.. hit enter now adn then and add spaces between your block of words. Not many people like reading jsut a wall of text.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to im_unknown

I still can't believe all the people who are insisting that they will pass on Ghosts nearly three months before its release. There is still time for Ghosts to be tweaked and "fixed" before then. The whole point of the MP reveal was to get the real hands on experience of actual gamers. I'm sure IW is looking over the criticisms coming from the people who played it for that MP reveal. To just have that event for promotional purposes only would have been stupid.

I'm waiting until I see more gameplay and other news about Ghosts before deciding what my final judgements are. And even then, I won't be entirely sure unless I play the actual game that comes out on the release date.

Level 21

Studios