Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

in reply to amathyx

amathyx wrote:

i'm not arguing about the definition of an exploit ?

i'm saying it isn't an exploit, because it isn't lol

treyarch are developers for this franchise - not being involved in developing this title specifically doesn't mean their actions don't have an impact on what infinity ward does and doesn't do, and if "qs has always been seen as an exploit" then obviously their titles are also relevant, considering you can quickscope in their titles...

infinity ward isn't attempting to remove it from the game

they're nerfing it - completely different

so i should assume that everything that gets nerfed shouldn't be in the game?.do you realize how terrible that logic is?

if they wanted it gone, it would be, i don't really know what part of that is difficult to grasp

You're arguing that QS is not an exploit... which it is.

Read this... Re: Yet another sniping/quick scoping discussion

IW is indeed trying to remove it... stop it... keep it from happening because it's an unintended consequence of two primary mechanics. And yes, Virginia, if they remove something... or "nerf"... it's because it's not working as intended.

The only way it will be removed is if they completely alter ADS mechanics.

And that's not happening with Ghosts.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

How do you square what you say here with this...

Sniper Rifles are something we are also looking into; as we said before, we changed Sniper Rifles from MW3 to Ghosts. Those changes are:

• The Quickdraw perk’s Aim Down Sight (ADS) speed scale was reduced significantly for Sniper Rifle.

Moving forward, we are testing adjustments to address the Time to Kill for Sniper Rifles versus other weapons. These Sniper Rifle balances include:

• An increase in overall ADS time.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200816738#.Ur1j4bRBqkY

Seem to be quite substantial alterations of ADS mechanics, don't you think?

Level 40
Highlighted

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

rankismet wrote:

How do you square what you say here with this...

Sniper Rifles are something we are also looking into; as we said before, we changed Sniper Rifles from MW3 to Ghosts. Those changes are:

• The Quickdraw perk’s Aim Down Sight (ADS) speed scale was reduced significantly for Sniper Rifle.

Moving forward, we are testing adjustments to address the Time to Kill for Sniper Rifles versus other weapons. These Sniper Rifle balances include:

• An increase in overall ADS time.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200816738#.Ur1j4bRBqkY

Seem to be quite substantial alterations of ADS mechanics, don't you think?

Nothing wrong with my statement or position.

They are altering it... yes.

Completely altering it... no.

Until they do... QS will be in the game.

Happy New Year.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

For best results to reduce or remove QS they will have to make a brand new game engine built from the ground up.  Good luck on that one.

Level 31

in reply to amathyx

Pretty much sums it up.

Slowest ADS, slowest rate of fire, idle sway, no aim assist, accuracy penalties for moving, jumping and crouching. . . but its a OHK at centre body mass. . . I totally see how its an exploit

They nerfed the snipers to keep the whiners happy, and even though the snipers are the only things to get a serious nerf in the last two titles, the whiners keep crying. If they took their eyes off ali-a and driftor videos for a minute they might see that the player always trumps the weapon.

Level 6

in reply to bendotcom1

I'd hardly call the BO2 nerf 'serious', warranted or not

I dont understand why they nerfed the Ballista though, I'll happily agree with that.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

That was a silly nerf.  The Ballista sacrificed a large chunk of the torso as a OHK body multiplier for a faster ADS and they reduce its fire rate?  It was designed for faster sniping.  Many quickscopers will still prefer the DSR as an increase in 0.05s in ADS time to have the stomach hitbox is ideal.  So, for experienced snipers, the XPR became a decent choice.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Yah, the Ballista required precision. The DSR was an OHK cannon in comparison. I'm sure there was a good reason for it, but nonetheless I'd love it to be properly explained because I'm still baffled by it...

Level 31

in reply to RAN Kismet

Fine keep your quick scoping but give every other weapon the same range and damage and a scope and i guarantee you will be saying but but... Its the whole cake and eat it scenario. You can kill in one shot at close range and the other side of the map with a scope on.

If my riot shield had a smash range of even 5 feet and 1 smash kill then oh no thats something that needs to be nerfed because i cant quick scope quick enough to take him out.

Give the one shot kill single slug shotgun attachment unlimited range with damage and i bet all you snipers will be complaining quick smart

Level 6

in reply to Ajaffaroo

You do bring up a valid point. Well sort of. Yeah, if the slug round had infinite distance and was a BO2 1 shot kill to virtually everywhere, it could be used and abused. Though the ksg had a higher fire rate and had auto aim that was stronger than the s. rifles. I guess it doesn't really matter since everyone will move to the strongest gun period. I think I'm more or less trying to argue that sniper rifles are on a downward slope to the point where they may be virtually useless. One argument to back your theory actually, is when I played BO2 I never sniped in hardcore matches. Since the everything killed so damn quickly and there was no place to hide, the snipers didn't offer much purpose. I was downing crowds with a pistol.

Going back to the hypothetical sniper in the middle of the map. Yes, you probably are correct for the most part. Most snipers get a few kills and then die. But I'm not quite certain where you are going with this as far as the thread goes. Either that or I'm just not paying attention. From that scenario I get the impression that the guy is a nuisance but not a game breaker. Since he will be noticed after the first shot or so, he'll typically be dealt with soon after. Some guys like the infamous Faze can hold spawns via QSing and hard scoping but most people, as I've stated before, simply don't have this muscle memory and botch shot after shot until getting creamed.

As I stated in previous comments, I still think the QS is necessary for those emergency shots. Someone flips a corner and you are pretty much boned. You're side arm won't come out fast enough and your only option is to try to snap that QS off before they mow you down. Maybe if they are close enough, a knife. But past that? I know that QSing was a glitch since CoD was originally built off of the quake engine but I still don't see it as a game breaker.

I know you weren't serious about giving the weapons all the same accuracy and power but I'm gonna look at that seriously for a moment. If that were the case then yeah...just use the weapon that has that. The only advantage you have then is the same as what I stated in the first paragraph, virtually none. You have one shot and you had better make it count. But typically you can just be sprayed down with an AR burst or LMG. SMGs well....yeah close distance and jumping around is a pain to aim at and you are pretty much going to lose.

I understand the difference of opinion as I, myself, have some gripes about the game. The AR accuracy imo should be similar to counter strikes. As in the first burst or so is extremely accurate and then spreads out to smg status. I also think the shield throwing C4 guys shouldn't be allowed to do that. I think the IED nerf was unnecessary as well. I do hope they at least buff up the toughness again for snipers because at this point I've simply replaced the perk as it is pretty much useless when using a sniper. Coming out of a sprint with the hip draw perk isn't as fast as BO2 and typically ends in death. Usually the only time that works is if the opponent isn't paying attention.

Level 2

Studios