What MP feature would you like see in COD:Ghosts? [UPDATED]

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: What MP feature would you like see in COD:Ghosts? [UPDATED]

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

I want something similar to BF4's Commander Mode. Make the Commander the 7th team member and have him play on his PC/laptop/tablet/XBOX. Have the game set spawn in auto just like it is now or have the Commander do the spawns manually.

Problem is that if we let the commander do the spawns, we all know the spawn killing that is going to happen.  Teams would now dominate over any group of randoms.  Or do I have this wrong? 

Cool video though.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

i saw that in action at e3 it was cool but alot of people around the stand were of the same opinion as me it was just like bf the rpg and noone wanted to play commander as you werent really part of the action.

id like some sort of overview function in ghosts though sort a cross between the codcaster feature and minimap you could call up

Level 75

in reply to otisman666

I like the idea of being able to use PS Vita (for ps4 version) or other 3rd party hardware as a second screen, ie use your PSV to display the games scoreboard and a generic fruit inspired phone for example to display a map which you can use to tap in killstreak locations etc,

I think they've mentioned it somewhere (IW) but cant remember if they stated its exact definition and what you'll be able to use these second/third screens for.

Would be a nice touch though.

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

But what is the impact to other players?  Regardless of what we think about the game's balance, COD has been pretty fair over it's time (hey, we all had MP40 Juggy by lvl 11 in WAW).  But by bringing in periferals, now we are talking about potential distinct advantages.

I realize things like controller adaptions or headsets provide advantages currently, but something that gives the player an instant view of the BF like an expanded HUD map might be a little extreme.  As far as using it for KSs....meh, I would probably stick to to the ingame feature, simply because I am not taking my hands off the controller.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

There isnt an impact on other players, players who arent using extra screens can still view leaderboards and use killstreaks the same way they did before, those who use extra screens just have something else they view the leaderboards on and use killstreaks.

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

surridge1990 wrote:

There isnt an impact on other players, players who arent using extra screens can still view leaderboards and use killstreaks the same way they did before, those who use extra screens just have something else they view the leaderboards on and use killstreaks.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think my intial thoughts were wrong.  I can see how this would be cool for people and if anything it would not be much if any advantage.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

My thoughts exactly sir, there would be a tiny advantage to players using the system in the fact that they wouldn't have their HUD blocked by a leaderboard or scorestreak designation screen but that advantage is negated by the fact the player has to take his/her eys off of the screen momunterally to use their extra screens, so all in all it would be a pretty nifty feature, sure there will be players who master the art of barely having to look at what they're doing on the second screen just the same as we have players now who set scorestreak locations with hardly any effort at all.

My idea wasnt so much about giving and taking advantages but more of a way to help COD and the new technology evolve further.

Level 8

in reply to otisman666

Bots in custom games.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Xerxes52

Give players the choice of re-spawning near active teammates. This would open up the possibilities for maps of all sizes. For those who want the "fast action" experience, this feature would throw them back in to the nearest engagement.

For those of us who like the idea of multiple engagements on large maps - much like World at War had - we could choose which engagement to spawn near. I personally hate the tiny maps. They're just a series of clusterfk situations that allow little time to get into the engagement. Plus, tiny maps are the reason for bad spawning in the first place.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Give players the choice of re-spawning near active teammates. This would open up the possibilities for maps of all sizes. For those who want the "fast action" experience, this feature would throw them back in to the nearest engagement.

For those of us who like the idea of multiple engagements on large maps - much like World at War had - we could choose which engagement to spawn near. I personally hate the tiny maps. They're just a series of clusterfk situations that allow little time to get into the engagement. Plus, tiny maps are the reason for bad spawning in the first place.

Here is the problem the way I see it.  What if a teammate does NOT want you to spawn near them?  Like a someone running UAV Jammer (aka ghost, assassin, etc..) is flanking, the enemy has a UAV up and now you spawn in and give the other guys position away.

I do like the concept where the map is divided into sections (say 9) and you are given the option of spawning into a section of your choice.  Now this would not mean you could spawn on the enemies flag or something like that, but you could have the option of other areas.

Level 48

Studios