Unnerf snipers

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Unnerf snipers

in reply to Shonk

Check out this vid. 9lives sniping without aim assist. Sniping is not an abuse of a game mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnoGzJZkeQ

Level 4

in reply to rrclimber

So there's this thing called bullet magnetism which is a hitbox issue and turning off aim assist doesn't fix it. The bullet still travels sideways to the target which is a form of aim assist. Turning off aim assist in the menu only turns off the stick aim. Also, he says snipers in Ghosts do not get aim assist until they are fully ADS. Again, not true. The second you start the ADS autoaim starts into effect. There's a guy I remember who pretty much proved that autoaim does not effect moving targets (for all guns including snipers), but for some reason snipers were bugged and bullet magnetism would still work. So yes, it's still a bug with the engine, and turning off stick aim does not remove hitbox issues and bullet magnetism.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to casey-shotguns

This would be a more compelling argument if you weren't just making things up. First let me quote a dev for you.

No aim assist from the hip, which was a huge part of how Quick Scoping worked in previous games. Players now have to aim unassisted until fully scoped in.

That  is from Teanah and can be found right here on this forum. Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Second, he chose Black Ops 1 because it was one of the few titles that allowed you turn off aim assist. Black Ops 1 is also notorious for being one of the most difficult COD's to snipe in. The guns would pull off to the side when you aimed forcing you to correct the rifle before you could fire. Bullet magnetism is the reason why he is still able to quickly aim at a target and hit a shot? c'mon. Bullet magnetism was and is a complaint about people hip firing with smg's without actually having to aim at target.

Level 4

in reply to rrclimber

Actually, what he/she is saying is completely accurate. Aim assist which you can turn off is referring to sticky aim.  Bullet magnetism is not related to sticky aim. It's a hit detection bug most likely based on the game overcompensating for lag compensation. Slow this shit down and you can see the problem. Modern Warfare 3- CURVING THE BULLET!?!?!?!?! - YouTube

Level 9

in reply to Whos_KD

Heres a better plan.

Remove quickscoping from the game completely or give them their own playlist.

Quickscoping is the single most ridiculous thing in Call of Duty.

As for the OP I was killed repetitively by a skilled Ghost Quickscoper today 1 shot 1 kill.

Level 19

in reply to Lucent76

the use of the word "skilled" says it all right there.

To get rid of quickscoping completely would actually make the gun mechanism unrealistic. They can make it harder but to get rid of it completely means that theoretically you could not raise a gun and shoot. People are generally dimwitted with what they expect gun mechanism to be i.e draw and shoot. The fact that you can't hipfire a sniper with any accuracy now is laughably absurd. Line 10 cans up and with a sniper rifle at point blank range i will hipfire and hit all 10 cans easily. Try that in the game and you might get 3/10 people. Somehow that seems rather silly to me.

Take away bullet magnitism, aim assist etc.. and i guarantee people will who are skilled will still beable to quickscope without too much difficulty. Nerf the draw time to unusuability means the gun mechanism itself is broken. The only way to get rid of QS completely and maintain some form of suitable gun mechanism is to get rid of snipers completely.

IMO ghosts sniping mechanism is not perfect but it is perfectly suitable in regard to weapon balance in the game.

Level 6

in reply to Whos_KD

Snipers were nerfed? They're still pretty damn good to me, then again I'm the only one who still calls the MSBS good as opposed to "UGH THEY WRECKED IT ITS UNUSABLE EUGH".

Level 8

in reply to zzyzzwix

Snipers are fine in Ghosts. They were nerfed in comparison to how stupid easy they were in BO2, but if people think they are hard to use then they are simply bad at sniping. I have multiple accounts, and I've completed the guile suit challenge three times. I quickscope and take camping shots from weird angles and use whatever tactic needs to get done. I've had about a 5 k/d with snipers and usually lead the lobby or at least my team. There are times I know bullet magnetism aided my kill based on where I got the hitmarker, but it's not nearly as drastic as it used to be. I think if they nerfed them too hard they would break the whole class, but people who think they are bad now just don't know how to use them right. I can still quickscope, even without quickdraw.

Level 9

Studios