Question for Xbox 360 players on COD GHOST and the new Xbox One

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Question for Xbox 360 players on COD GHOST and the new Xbox One

just wonder.... If their is no backwards compatibility with the new xbox one then why is call of duty ghost being released for the xbox 360? Would i have to buy a new copy for the xbox one when its released? my bad if this question is stupid but some clarification would be appreciated

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question for Xbox 360 players on COD GHOST and the new Xbox One

in reply to Formula_L
Solution
‎22-05-2013 03:21 AM

Go watch that video it answers the question. 360 and X1 will get the game, but 360 will have somevisual bells and whistles turned off compared to X1. But both will have the same basic overall game play.

Level 70
7 REPLIES

in reply to Formula_L

They need to cater to the masses, so sales will be the number one factor in this.

It wouldn't be fair to alienate non next gen gamers either...Not everyone shall be in a position where they can go out and buy a new console.

Level 7

in reply to Formula_L

From what I understand from the reveal, Ghosts will be for the XboxOne only. It is being released in November, and that is about the time the XboxOne could be coming out.

If not then yes, you would need a second copy for the X1, and the 360 would not have the same features as the X1 version would, for it does not have teh same capacity as the X1.

So I think it will be a X1 only game and the X1 will come out the same time as the game does.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

From what I understand from the reveal, Ghosts will be for the XboxOne only. It is being released in November, and that is about the time the XboxOne could be coming out.

I disagree...Why have the option to pre order for the 360 or PS3?

Level 7

in reply to Cablez

It wont have the same features as the X1 version such as the dynamic maps, at least not the same extent as will be in the X1 game.

Destiny is another game that is susposedly launching on both consoles, and has been confirmed that many features of the game will not be available for the 360 version compared to what is on the X1.

And no X1 and 360 will not be able to play together for they use different chipsets around the OS is written for. So would need one for both box's.

The 360 version could maybe not even have MP because of this fact. It could just be a SP game only because of the limiations the 360 has compared to the X1.

Level 70
Highlighted

trialstardragon wrote:

It wont have the same features as the X1 version such as the dynamic maps, at least not the same extent as will be in the X1 game.

This is what I was thinking, slightly different versions of the game.

Level 7

It's actually coming to both current and next-generation platforms.

@OP - yeah, you'd need to purchase another Xbox One copy if you want to play on that platform. There will be a tiny percentage of people that buy Xbox One or PS4 at launch, so it only makes sense for them to bring it to currant and next gen platforms for a year or two after they release.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Formula_L
Solution
‎22-05-2013 03:21 AM

Go watch that video it answers the question. 360 and X1 will get the game, but 360 will have somevisual bells and whistles turned off compared to X1. But both will have the same basic overall game play.

Level 70

Studios