New Gameplay focus?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

New Gameplay focus?

Ive noticed Black ops 2 has a high focus on Run'n'gun as a major playstyle. How about Ghosts be a focus on stealth? They are already adding new vaulting, and features that shouldve been there like the lean from cover; So why not go all the way and deny huge crazy streaks, and emphasize the tactical use of smaller ones like UAV, VSAT, EMP, CUAV.

Were not at the top anymore, so how WOULD we have access to crazy support like that?

Level 7
22 REPLIES

Re: New Gameplay focus?

in reply to Noctis_Everto1

Have you played previous CODs?

It reminds me of a famous line from a famous movie ... "The truth?! You can't handle the truth!"

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Stealth isn't what makes people love Call Of Duty. They play it for the fast paced action.  Look at the complaints in past games when you have Ghost, Assassin, and Blind Eye.  The options to play stealthy are there, but I don't think it should be a focus in MP.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to trollinthunder

trollinthunder wrote:

Stealth isn't what makes people love Call Of Duty. They play it for the fast paced action.  Look at the complaints in past games when you have Ghost, Assassin, and Blind Eye.  The options to play stealthy are there, but I don't think it should be a focus in MP.

Actually, that's not true. It's the greed and laziness of 3arch that has lead to these ridiculously tiny maps. What happens in BO2 isn't "fast action". It's more "spawn-with-no-time-to-think-before-some-scrub-comes-around-a-corner-and-kills-me". BO2 is crack by any other name.

You may like this crack-high gameplay, but it gets really boring. The great thing about World at War is that the maps were big enough for all player tastes. You could pick from MORE then one engagement. Fast action was always an aspect of COD. But, with a variety of map sizes, the game provided a "variety" of fun games. Not just the insipid and childlike 'shoot, shoot, kill, kill' of BO2. If you played World at War, you would see what I mean.

I guarantee you that thousands of COD players left the series and moved into Battlefield for the very reason of the ever shrinking maps of the past three COD titles. Activision would be doing themselves and us a great service by creating COD titles with a variety of map sizes and gameplay styles. Tiny maps don't give you choices. They give you limitations. And limitations are SO boring and frustrating.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

How many thousands would you guess left COD for BF? I bet it's a hilariously small percentage of the total amount of players.

I started with MW2, so maybe someone had to experience WAW to feel like they're missing out on something, but Black Ops 2 has done a great job in my book. Personally, I like the "childlike 'shoot, shoot, kill, kill'" of Black Ops 2.

Someone suggested that COD have bigger maps, but have it like BF where you can spawn off of a teammate close to the action if you prefer. That would be awesome. I wouldn't be so against bigger maps if that's the case. As long as the maps weren't a hardscopers paradise. I would HATE that.

Level 21

This is not an RPG and stealth does not mean sneaky. When people say stealth what they mean is tactical gameplay, which is allowed by using things like assassin and dead silence, which actually just make it more realistic by disabling unrealistic things like heartbeat sensors and UAV's.

IMO, heartbeat sensors and UAV's should be forbidden in hardcore mode at least, and then they can take assassin out of the game.

Level 6

Since CoD4 its been changing to a more 'fast paced' community

because right around that time it became cool to hate the fast paced 'Halo' series because it wasnt 'Realistic enough' so it seems they sought out to ruin CoD.

CoD4 had all you needed. Juggernaut, Stopping Power, and even then, 2 perks for total invisibility. People had to complain bout not being able to Run solo, and down a jugg, so they whined- gone.

Stopping power was next, because without jugg, why have that as an option?

And now, as of BO2, stealth was crippled by being split into 4 perks, while also being forced to move to avoid detection...(Wait.... a UAV in the sky, and they want you to move faster to avoid detection instead of reamining still....LOL)

Lets Really get back to basics. Make it tight, tactical teamplay. No Pro Perks, No comparison shopping for the millions of attachments.

Ya know, Id be happy if the gear your Character was equipped with sorta gave you your 'perks' Equip a big EOD vest?  take less explosive dmg. and so on

Level 7

Also, gotta love the exception to BO2's Ghost Perk: You cant stand still and be invisible, UNLESS you were planting, or using scorestreaks. Tha ruins a certain experience for some people.

Level 7

trollinthunder wrote:

Agree with you on stealth not being the main focus, but disagree that people only play for the fast paced action, I certainly do not enjoying not being able to stop and think for a even a split second, or even have time to reload, before the guy I just killed has now respawned close enough to be able to now kill me within 2 seconds....and all you ever see in BO2 is people running, running,  running, 

Level 17

I don't think BO2 or any COD title before that has mainly been focused on rushing and less on stealth, it's a bit of both.

Gameplay shouldn't focus on one playstyle, you would take away a portion of the playerbase if say COD developers decided to focus just on one playstyle.

There should be balance between "rushing" and playing in a stealth-like manner.

Level 51

Studios