Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

in reply to CookieMonsterSn

CoD4 has less going on in the game then Ghosts, it has lower graphics, simpler player models, less effects running all the time.

Level 70

in reply to CookieMonsterSn

BF4 uses dedicated servers whereas this game is still using P2P for match making and hosting. That is the simple reason why connections are all over the place. Unless you or a friend you game with is always picked as host then you're rarely going to have the same host for a lot of games so it's just down to sheer luck if you have a decent connection to the host. Or even if the hosts connection is any good in the first place.

Until the ACTUALLY give us dedicated servers we'll be stuck in the same situation with every release.

Level 30
Highlighted

in reply to biron_w

I'm monitoring my connection to the host during the game and the connection seems good and stable in most cases but I'm still getting lag - so my concern is that the lag I'm suffering from is not just network related but something else in the game. I posted some of my monitor info to the thread a while ago - although it has only just been released by moderators.

Level 5

in reply to britainjohhny

I've made this comment numerous times - there is some sort of weird engine lag or sync issues with the game. It's been present since BO1 and seems to be getting worse. I've no idea what's causing it. Maybe the age of the engine. Go play offline against bots and you will see that you still get the horrible "insta death" issue.

Starbuck - lag compensation doesn't add delay.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

I thought i was on to something when i realised that i was getting insta-killed by bots but then i turned down the number of bots and turned off killstreaks and that got rid of insta-death, which led me to another theory about cpu/gpu maxing out - but then Xbone and PS4 are having issues aswell.

Level 11

in reply to Warlord-Chojin1

I think that it is an engine issue then. The current game engine is ancient. I suspect it just can't cope with all the added effects and everything that is going on at the same time. If they don't actually invest in a new engine then the problems are just going to get worse.

Level 30

love the phrase, seems pretty accurate as well. been in matches where even I am asking myself how I did that, host migration, can't hit the broad side of a barn with my barrel resting on it. ADS on someone coming around a corner, I pull trigger and game pauses, when game continues I am dead with no real explanation as to WTH just happened. This kind of thing is pretty regular for me since the release of ghost, reset everything, upped my ISP package (I know its capped at xbox but just incase,and I got a good deal on it)

It is frustrating as hell but I can deal with it, what gets me is when one guy is clearly running through our team regardless of how many rounds are landed and/or sent their direction, then proceeds to claim we all suck which just irritates us further. few games like this and when this individual leaves a new host must have been chosen because its back to the relative fairness it was before that person showed up. so lag lottery seems very appropriate lol

Level 2

in reply to BoomstickLogan

You are right, it is irritating when you come across cocky kids that think they are beasts because they are demolishing an entire team on their own. I have that experience of being an unstoppable killing machine every now and then, feels good, but I know its not my skill, I just hit the jackpot in the lag lottery

Level 5

SMH I get a laggy game 1/50 games I play. Due to that I have a hard time believing you guys when you act like every other game is a lag fest. You guys just blame your bad play on lag and it is pathetic.

Level 9

in reply to Runandgunerring

then you sir are lucky. It's not like it's hard to spot lag lol. I experience lag in about 2/10 games I play I would say. Some of that lag being the bad rewind kind that stops you in your tracks. This has been one of the cods with the most lag no doubt. Some people you could write off sure, but when every other post on here seems to be about lag, nah can't write that off.

Level 8

Studios