Is the lag fixable?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Is the lag fixable?

While internet speed does influence upload and download rate of speed which determines how fast you can upload or download information, it does not affect whether you can hold a connection with another user or avoid connection interruption because those are affected by other variables outside Upload/Download speed. The fact latency is such a big issue in any multiplayer not solely using dedicated servers is because of the means of connectivity are weaker, It's a lack of equipment performance provided by the multiplayer providers that influence the gaming connection, besides playing with players from different Time Zones and being able to hold that connection. The latency can be reduced but it will always be a potential threat. Although the router might be configured  properly to facilitate connection between players and servers that doesn't mean all the players have done the same.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to starbuckfrack

There was a player who responded to forum that his playing experience improved greatly as soon as he connected to his iphones 3G hotspot. His broadband internet connection was unplayable so he finally connected to his iphone and he started "owning" rooms. I will look for his reply and try to link it. If his reply is accurate that that shows a "lesser" connection gives you a huge advantage, because obviously everyone else is getting 'LAGGED" to his level. I am not saying this right or fair just that it is being done.

Yes there are many of us having massive issues with LAG. Just look throughout the forums and you will read more complaints about lag than anything else. I can log onto BO1 & BO2 and have no issues with lag at all but the moment I jump onto Ghosts I lag...it is like playing in mud. If you are looking for scientific evidence than no I do not have the evidence you obviously need for a situation that is not affecting you. You are very lucky and I am glad you can enjoy Ghosts, but your condescending attitude does nothing to help those of us stuck with an unplayable game. If you are actually able to drop your "know it all attitude" about LAG COMP and listen to those who are hoping their game experience improves with either better match making or dedicated servers because we are on the bad side of LAG COMP than your ideas would be actually be welcomes, helpful and useful.

My 3G connection is lag free

Check out the above thread.

Level 2

in reply to LSRich

You dont have to look it up. I know about how the phone connections stories are.

But you have to consider a few things. A phone connection is totally different then an internet connection. Its like apples and oranges.

It doesnt mean his lesser connection gave him any advantage. It means that he basically manipulated his connection to give him an advantage. Phones work on different protocols then console gaming.  Its only assumed that the slower connection gave him an advantage.

The fact that YOU dont have an issue playing older games means nothing. AGAIN just like other people state this, the forums were still full of players complaining about lag in those games too.

Nowhere did I say I enjoy ghosts did I ?

Level 72

Obviously you see this one way and others, like myself see it another way. The reasons behind LAG are not important. LAG rendering a game unplayable is important and does affect players and the COD community as a whole. The bottom line is I hope IW can fix some of the LAG issues that many of us are experiencing.

Level 2

The fact that YOU dont have an issue playing older games means nothing. AGAIN just like other people state this, the forums were still full of players complaining about lag in those games too.

Oh but of course it does, it means those older games have had "just to a number on it", like 6 months, probably longer in some cases to get to the stage where the game becomes playable for some people to the point where they can enjoy it.

I think one of the gripes of a lot of people is the notion that we get a beta for the early stages of a games life nowadays, which in a way is quite true. Aside from all the nerf this buff that requests, the games nowadays release with plenty of issues that need addressing. I am fully aware of time constraints and pressure the devs are put under, but as a paying customer it just don't *FLY*.

Not going to bother with all the car analogies and stuff, all been heard before.

Level 11

in reply to LSRich

"His broadband internet connection was unplayable so he finally connected to his iphone and he started "owning" rooms. I will look for his reply and try to link it. If his reply is accurate that that shows a "lesser" connection gives you a huge advantage, because obviously everyone else is getting 'LAGGED" to his level"

I find that to be very funny. I'm pretty sure It's not because other player connections would have to compensate with his because his bandwidth is weaker, that not the issue, it's probably because his IPhone's hotspot is better configured than his former source of internet.

Level 4

in reply to FigureZero5

Nope. Its connection throttling causing him to skip and lag everywhere thus making him a bastard hard target to nail due to animation smoothing de-synching his on screen character model from his lagging skipping hitbox.

Level 31

Well to be more specific, there are computer programs that monitor network connections, allot of enthusiastic gamers use this to monitor the network connection between players. A PC can be used to monitor which IP addresses are connected to the console IP under a network, which would be the lobby, and the host can be determined besides the connection strength being received by the IP adresses via "PING', if anyone does this when latency is experienced they can record the gaming, show live footage of the IP Adress roster and it's report and official claim they are experiencing latency. Which can be used in MLG disputes.

Level 4

WTF is it then? I'm lagging like a slack pussied whore and it is very rare for me to win a 1 on 1 gun battle. I am behind the play every single time and I mean every single time. I'm in some sort of time delay.  I even have the enemy appearing out of nowhere in the most incredible WTF moments. I don't seem to be able to move around the maps with impunity like many other players do and most of my very few kills in Ghosts are when the enemy is not looking or from distance. I'm finishing games with zero kills.

As I've said in many posts I'm an average player at best but if I take the Ghosts disk out now and start playing Blops1, COD4 or even MW3 forfugsake I'll be getting 15/20 kills a game straight away. All I want is a level playing field and I don't understand what is going on with Ghosts.

Level 4

in reply to Aqancake

There are many ways to reduce lag with multiplayer in general. Lag isn't avoidable but can be effectively reduced by using portfowarding, placing your console in a DMZ, taking better care of your Xbox and clearing any information on it that can hinder your connection and console performance. I typed a topic on it and follow every tip, I'm not even close to most of the players I play with or any servers for that case but after I used portfowarding and DMZ'd my console via router there was a big reduction in lag and disconnection errors. Try reading it for yourself.

Reducing Latency (Lag) on Call of Duty: Ghost and Multiplayer In General While Using a Router

Allot of people want to get rid of problems but don't want to make an effort to get rid of the problem, there are solutions but In the end the only ones who could make the best solutions are the server providers.

Level 4

Studios