I have little incentive to play anymore.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

I have little incentive to play anymore.

Before you think I am whining little kid read carefully and think , I love Call of Duty with a certain passion so please hear me out.

I am a Call of Duty veteran and have played across platforms since Call of Duty 2, I remember that day very well when my Uncle came in with the new 360 and showed me CoD 2 and I must say only being 10 at the time I enjoyed the heck out of it and fell in love until the red ring of death from the first Xbox 360's but we wont go into that bag of worms. So I have experience in knowing what is good and bad about Call of Duty and what makes it work so well and I am sure a lot of the veterans in the forums know that too a honorable mention would be starbuckfrack.

(Yes there is a but coming) But Call of Duty Ghosts is the first Call of Duty which I have little to no incentive to play and I am that no life who maxes out my prestige every year etc and yes I despise boosters and hackers and modders.

The reason why I have no incentive is very simple when I max out my rank I would go for gold guns or I would play well in the leaderboards the keep me playing this great game but in Call of Duty ghosts after getting my 5th gold gun I realize what is the point? I say this because so many hackers/modders simply hack these things and so many people I see in lobbies clearly hacked it yes I can tell the difference and this seems to be little priority for the developers to fix. Yes reporting the selfish kids (and I say kids because if you do take part in any lobby etc you have the mind of a child) gets them off the game eventually but that does not solve the issue as they will keep coming and because there is so many participants it makes me and other honest players worthless.

A point some of you will make is there is 3 more platforms to care fr now which are the Wii U, Xbox ONE and the PS4 on top of the existing ones and that point is invalid as they are not supported as ones would hope.

They should be focusing on fixing these mods and hacks as their first priority nothing should come first and that is the most morale thing to do, if they need to employ more staff to do it then do it because it is embarrassing and ridiculous that this is still so prevalent, examples are Black ops 1 and MW3 and Black ops 2 all had glitches and mods in their prime but they were fixed in their prime I exclude MW2 for obvious reasons which we wont go into.

Call of Duty games are supposed to be better or at least improved, and this one is a BIG step back on security issues in the game. And every time they update the game I get hopeful and then I see a e-sports update, are you kidding me? How can that be even slightly more important that fixing the security and piracy going on in the game? It is not they need to focus.

Yes that rant was large but I am passionate about gaming and it saddens me that I can't play anymore the more I play the more I look like one of them because those mods/hacks are still around.

I would love to hear what you guys think about the developers priorities right now and yes you can all hate on my post for apparently whining but I am not being unfair I want a fair game like all normal people

Activision Ambassador
37 REPLIES

Re: I have little incentive to play anymore.

in reply to DaleksGamertag

Only modding/cheating that bugs me is one that gives the players an advantage. Anything like wall hacks and the like.
What does it matter if there's 100 or 100,000 players with all gold guns? It should make no difference to you. It's a personal challenge to get it if you want. I didn't like gold camo in MW3 at first but then started getting more and more gold guns for the challenge.?

Play for yourself, not others right

Level 1

in reply to IgnoreMyName

I do but that is not the point I don't feel like I have accomplished something which can be cheated so easily thanks for your comment sir.

Activision Ambassador

But you did accomplish the feat, and legitimately, I might add.  I commend you. 

Just as in life, there are losers who cheat to get what they want.  Some cheaters get the punishment they deserve, some never have to face the music.  Sometimes the cheaters get away with it for a very long time, see Bernie Madoff, before they are exposed for the losers they really are.

You can't let the losers control your life.

Peace

Level 12

The great majority of us want a fair game.  I know very little about hacking/modding and what it takes to pull that stuff off, or why it's apparently more prevalent this time around.  For me, though, BO2 was a bigger disappointment in the "unfair" category.  I remember how sad I was to realize that, of the absurd number of players running around with a Nuclear Killer emblem, probably 97% of them had gotten it by boosting.

I think it's pretty clear that by removing Tac Inserts from standard multiplayer, IW was trying to take a preemptive stand against cheaters and I have to commend them for that.  As for why they can't deal with hackers more effectively right now, IDK what the answer is and don't want to jump to any conclusions without some facts.

Level 7

Hey man,

I play just for the sake of playing-- I never have equipped a camo in any Cods and only prestige in Ghosts because I needed different soldiers for different gamemodes. Also, character customization? what do I care what I look like to someone else..

I understand this game is no thrill ride in excitement ville, but if that is what makes you enjoy in the game, then in all honesty you just don't like the game.

Level 13

in reply to Tactics74

I do enjoy the game it just bemuses me that this time the developers have clearly given in and let the hackers/modders run the game.

Activision Ambassador

I certainly agree with all aspects and passion you have about modders, hackers, and cheaters. Taking care of those problems should and need to be first priority. It has been a major step back in that regard compared to the past 3 titles.

On the other hand, the cheaters don't affect me as far as my accomplishments in the game. There is no difference in my mind between these cheaters and the hacking 10th prestige spinning dbags in MW2. I played that game the most even with all the javelin/red smoke/care package glitches, jtag garbage, and 10th prestige lobbies. I still enjoy the gameplay, ranking up, operations, and clan war comps.

So until my rankings or stats are directly affected by these low-lifes, I will still be playing and enjoying my game. If I ever do encounter them.......watch out.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Now that pic gave me a chuckle! very good points sir.

Activision Ambassador

I had the same journey of 'why bother' for Call of Duty recently... Max prestige, then what? Gold guns, then what? I guess my skill against others. I haven't achieved either all gold guns or max prestige yet, but when I do get there. Then there's these kids who hack for the stuff. My COD playing started with BO2, then I worked my way back through MW3 and BO1 and saw how far COD had come. Ghost is a good game, no arguing. But IW needs to worry more about the hackers. We all deserve a fair game.

Level 43

Studios