Dynamic Maps!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Dynamic Maps!

in reply to gallp13

I don't think that they will have weather that just comes and goes.   They may have weather but they probably won't have dynamic weather.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

Oh.

Level 44
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

As long as this doesn't turn out like LavaGate....

Are these destructable enviroments only available on the X1 version though..?

Message was edited by: Cablez

Level 7

in reply to Cablez

My sense is, it is not much more than....shoot a restraint element to release some logs, rocks, water or destroy a wall to block a path. There may only be one or  two of these elements per map and the location of the trap is fixed. So this element is little more than an exploding vehicle or barrel type trap that can block a run route on a map or perhaps open a route.

My logic is that;

- same game, apart from graphic and lighting effects, for both 360 and x1. So core mechanics has to fit 512k 360 ram limit.

- 360 and x1 folks will play in same populations so makeup matchmaking volumes. Again exposing 512k ram limit.

- both IW and 3arc have a proven track record of over selling features onto which the game reporting community latch and "pump". The result is simple features get promoted as more than they really offer. Examples include lavagate, branching story lines, single play "command" features. All good ideas but poor in execution and over hyped as game changing features.

My speculation only, hope I'm wrong...looking fwd to E3 to clarify.

Level 44

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I am a bit concerned about the dynamic maps. I don't really like a lot of interference with gun battles that are hard to predict (ex. earthquakes). These types of elements often create a "host migration" type of affect for me as I am likely to be killed after it interferes. There should be a decent buffer between the warning and the event if it is something players don't trigger themselves to allow you to adjust your scenario to work accordingly. Not just a matter of dueling it out in a gunfight and an earthquake starts that throws your aim off and the enemies aim on target.

Player triggered traps are something else I am leary of as it can be as strong as a killstreak. Dropping a truck load of rolling logs through the middle of the map on command seems a bit broken. Seems as stong as an air strike to me to allow such a thing, I can only imagine a race to control the traps in each map with triggered traps.

My idea of a good dynamic map progression is the moving through to newer areas of the map being opened as you progress and closed off, but again this is simply something that BF has done already. With such new hardware the map size should be a complete city starting at the center that branches out in a circle. The player actions and streaks used would determine how it branches out from that circle to the edges of the city and end the game. So you would start at the center with 3 possible areas to progress from there. Action A triggers you to move to zone A in the next progression where there are 2 more possible areas thereafter. This would then place you into the last area. With this system, one map could possibly have 10 routes to completion. I think it's also important that CoD INNOVATE their franchise and not IMITATE BF series.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

I think player triggered traps is the way to go with CODG.  It would require team work and time to get to these and use them successfully.  At like 3 minutes into the game you can trigger one event then 3 minutes later you can trigger another.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I don't want my Kill/Score Streaks ended because someone used a Map Streak.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

You sound pathetic. 

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

And you sound like a Death Streak kid desperate for any help he can get to compete. Grow up and learn to shoot your gun instead of depending on handicaps.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

Says the guy that never dies?  Which you still do.  Get over your one death a game and play against better players, scrub.

Level 16

Studios