Do you think Call of Duty should explore an open beta? why? or why not?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Do you think Call of Duty should explore an open beta? why? or why not?

I'm just thinking if Infinity Ward would hand out beta keys on all platforms and let us test the game would it not in some why make the game better than just 40 or 50 peoples opinion im thinking along the line if 800 to1000 opinions or maybe even more it would increase interest and decrease the amount of "glitches" that make it to the retail version of the game. but plz share your ideas in the comment section below and if you agree leave this a like so they can see it.

The next step is a petition cause they will not want to do it if just 8 people says that sounds cool.

Level 1
10 REPLIES

Re: Do you think Call of Duty should explore an open beta? why? or why not?

in reply to insanepysco

They have an open beta every year almost.  At events like the reveal and Gamescom are open betas.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

not the same I mean me at my house playing the game kinnda like payday or battlefield

Level 1

in reply to insanepysco

They should have a beta. Every single year they say "all games go through robust internal testing" and within 2 days of a game getting released players find 6000 different bugs, glitches and problems.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

With how complex these games are now it is easy to get glitches.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to iivrruummii

True. And with the next-gen consoles there's a good chance we'll be getting more glitches since the developers are just now starting to develop games for the next-gen consoles. With a new gen you're likely to come across new issues and problems because of the "newness" of the platform.

Level 21

in reply to insanepysco

I think they should but the community should not expect a polished beta similar to the end game resault i think a public beta would be a nice gift to the community that made this franchise as well with helping finding bugs or glitches and helping with buffing weapons for the end game release just my opinion

Level 4

in reply to insanepysco

They dont do betas becuase of how much players would cry abot certain features and then threaten not to buy if the feature was not changed or removed from the game.

Cheaper and eaiser to sell game then make changes along the way then to try and keep all the beta testers happy, which may end up making more regular players unhappy instead.

Level 70

in reply to insanepysco

Yeah an open beta would be good, test out the matchmaking/net code on a world scale, analyse it and work together with microsoft and tweak it to improve launch stability.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

Or give the so called pros ample time to complain about weapons and balance to try and make the game tailored to only how they want it played, making it less fun for the average player.

Level 70

Studios