Call Of Duty Ghost Delayed becuse of Royal Mail set to strike on November 4

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Call Of Duty Ghost Delayed becuse of Royal Mail set to strike on November 4

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Right i forgot there are also consoles for fps games. You are screwed then

Level 5

in reply to kenib77

Im not screwed, ill be picking my copy up at midnight launch, anyone whos ordered online should definatly contact the retailer and find out how they're copies will be getting delivered.

The strike is only planned for 2 days (i think) but the backlog will be horrendous.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

The strike is for 24 hours, and the backlog wont be horrendous. People will still work, maybe 30% of the company, so the indoor work will all get done as normal. When the delivery guys turn up Tuesday morning, they`ll have to deliver Mondays AND Tuesdays mail, however Monday and Tueday combined amount to the same amount of mail as a Weds or a thurs alone as Tuesdays are VERY light mail wise. All the backlog will be cleared by Tuesday, the only impact on the public will be NO delivery on Monday, and Tuesdays delivery a little later than normal.

All pre ordered games sent by amazon .game, etc etc will get delivered by Wednesday at the latest. Amazon sent GTA5 by royal mail and used the Tracked service, now Tracked may or may not get thru Tuesday, so if you want to take a punt use Amazon. If you want gaurantees, use 365games and choose special delivery or ups, or just go to the game shop.

Level 5

in reply to Snowyday

I would never get COD from an online retailer anymore ever since black ops 1 all online retailers have had to sign a contract that they cannot send out copies until the day before release date which means you might not even end up with it until the day after release date even without royal mail striking.

I remember before BO1 I used to get it Monday as games were sent out on Saturday by most online companies which I think is the right thing as that means 99% of customers would receive the game at least on the day of release and its not like 7 - 12 hours that some people get is going to be a problem for leaks because many people get the game 4 - 10 days early which isn't hard to do and leak all the big stuff out anyway, I feel for theses online retailers and shopto have done a good thing by not stocking ghosts I can only imagine the amount of refunds and complaints from people that they have to deal with when they haven't got their game on the release day.

Level 16

in reply to alexjt22

WTF is this shizzle! I posted this yesterday before the strike was made public, and the mods took it down straight away! Yet Snowyballs posts it, and its here to stay! DAFUQ!

Anyways, seeing as im in the know i`ll tell you whats what. All online retailers, game etc get their deliveries by courier 4-5 days before release date, so probably the weds or thurs the week before, so people buying shops wont have issues.

The few places that do offer the U version of ghosts, ALL use royal mail, ive contacted them all and they all say the same, they cant ship early to break street date etc etc, and that they post on Monday 1st class for Tuesday delivery. Now the strikes will mean that these posted items wont actually be picked up from games outlets until the Tuesday, so wont arrive on your doorstep until Wednesday. The ONLY hope of getting them thru the system is to post them on the Saturday, theyll be processed over the weekend and put out for delivery on Monday, but obviously wont get delivered until Tuesday as theres no post on Monday!

Take into account that the strikes may not yet happen, they still have over 2 weeks of talks. I doubt theyll get an agreement in place by then, BUT they might.

I have also managed to find 1 outlet who will post by royal mail special delivery, or by ups courier. Royal Mail special deliveries WILL get delivered by managers and strike breakers, so even if posted Monday they`ll be delivered on Tuesday 100% gauranteed. UPS will also 100% deliver on release day BUT they can literally come anytime between 8am and 8pm.

The outlet in question is 365games.co.uk

http://www.365games.co.uk/wii-u-games/call-of-duty-ghosts-game-wii-u

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Incredible_Mr

Incredible_Mr wrote:

WTF is this shizzle! I posted this yesterday before the strike was made public, and the mods took it down straight away! Yet Snowyballs posts it, and its here to stay! DAFUQ!

The difference is that this thread is in the Ghosts sub-forum, but your thread was in the Black Ops II Wii-U sub-forum. Your post also still exists, but is located in the Off Topic sub-forums for Black Ops II. If you're going to post or talk about Ghosts, then do it here. Anywhere else and we're at liberty to move or remove it.

Your thread: http://community.callofduty.com/message/414822209#414822209

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

if only treyarch cared/looked after us as much as foxhound

Level 13

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Cheers Foxy, I thought I might have posted it in the wrong section, but looked and it wasnt there either, lol. Sorry, and thanks

Level 5

in reply to Snowyday

Activision can't do anything but just watch and see how everything plays out. There's nothing a publisher can do. It's up to the retailer if they want to change who they use to deliver.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Snowyday

i dont think the 4 copies coming to Australia will be a problem. 2 of them will be for me in case i snap the first disc in a fit of wiimote shite controller settings rage

Level 13

Studios