"directx encountered an unrecoverable error check the readme for possible solutions" how to fix it?

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

"directx encountered an unrecoverable error check the readme for possible solutions" how to fix it?

i have a problem when I click on the game : "directx encountered an unrecoverable error check the readme for possible solutions"

System Requirements: CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz

RAM:6 GB

Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

I tried a few things to get along problem:

1.Reformat your computer

2.i download DirectX Patch v1.0

3.verify integrity of game cache

4.I installed the game twice

5.download DirectX 11and Update

6.Video card update

I tried everything nothing helped!

If anyone can offer me something new or help me

I would be happy I've been waiting a week to play but does not work....

Something can help???

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: "directx encountered an unrecoverable error check the readme for possible solutions" how to fix it?

in reply to gavrielking

What should be done to the game will work?

Level 1

Re: "directx encountered an unrecoverable error check the readme for possible solutions" how to fix it?

in reply to gavrielking

I'm afraid you won't be able to play as your system does not meet minimum system requirements. Both CPU and video card are too weak.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

But I checked on "you can run it" and i have the minimum system requirements So it should work I think it's a bug

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to gavrielking

Your CPU is weaker than minimum required:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/23/call-of-duty-g...

Although I'm not sure its the one causing problems. Check microsoft page for latest directX version, and install latest drivers from Nvidia.

DirectX error is typically a video-related error, sometimes its sound-related. Try to lower video and sound acceleration in directX settings. Also go to BIOS and load defaults, this sometimes helps.

Level 10

in reply to gavrielking

I checked on "you can run it" and i have more than "the minimum system bla bla bla", and i keep getting this error since i preordered this game..............................

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor

6GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M – 1GB

Level 1

in reply to Jizzlie

If you're running on a laptop, make sure you have latest driver for Nvidia. And I'm not sure 525M would qualify, minimum system requirements state 450 desktop version:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/23/call-of-duty-g...

Make sure you have latest DirectX version, latest drivers and OS updates. This is the most frequent fix.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA
The problem has not been solved in the meantime you have steam?
Level 1

in reply to gavrielking

Does anyone have more tips on how to fix the problem?

Level 1

Studios