Black screen help

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Black screen help

I've been able to play the campaign, but when I select Multiplayer or Squads, I just get a black screen and have to close the application. Anyone know how to fix this?

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: Black screen help

in reply to Zog917

Delete the game through the storage utility

restart system

reinstall game

wait for update of COD (you can watch progress under notifications in the download section)

This worked for me after all last night and this morning trying to figure it out, have been playing squads with some buddies for an hour now no problem.

Hope this helps

Level 1

in reply to JonesSlice

Thanks,

I'll give it a shot

Level 1

in reply to JonesSlice

That didn't work. Any other ideas?

Level 1

in reply to Zog917

Did you delete the game installation or the saved game data? I didn't need to touch my saved game data.

After I deleted the game and reinstalled, the game auto-updated then worked fine, I did not start the game until it finished updating. I haven't had a problem since.

Anyways the only other thing I could think of would be to log out of PSN and turn off your network connection then try.

Level 1

in reply to Zog917

Lol, I am having the same problem as you. I have deleted it all out and re-installed it. I called sony yesterday, 2 1/2 hour wait, the woman I talked to said its a server/network error, because of the network being under maintenance. I have restarted the system, and re-intialized the systems and nothing seems to work. Anyways, yes same problem...If you delete everything again you can at least play campaign, to do this dont install the update.

Level 1

in reply to Burner3990

Wow, this is unbelievable. I never had a problem with the campaign, only multiplayer. A whole weekend of playing lost.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Zog917

Same issue happening on the Xbox One too:

Re: Black screen after selecting MULTIPLAYER option

myn
Level 3

same over here for about 10 sec when selcting weapon camo...youre not alone

Level 3

Studios