Wired connection, still changing NAT types

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Wired connection, still changing NAT types

I have cable internet, a Netgear WNDR3800 and I am wired not playing wireless and my NAT Type changed between all three types yesterday and is stuck on Strict. How does this even happen if i am hard wired? i even unplugged my router and went from my modem to my PS3 and it didnt change. Port Fowarding, Triggering and DMZ to my understanding only affect wireless connection. But i have tried all three, not at the same time, to no avail. Please assist this is very frustrating.

Level 4
3 REPLIES

Re: Wired connection, still changing NAT types

in reply to TheDoctor2250

Actually when I changed from wireless to wired my nat type was the same (moderate). After using DMZ my nat type changed to open for both, so i don't think it's just wireless. Also DMZ is basically a last resort as you are vulnerable to security risks. People imply that since its a ps3 system it doesn't use (.exe files) so you're fairy safe but I'm just going on opinions here. If you want you can try post forwarding first at this site:

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PlayStation_Network/

If that doesn't work then you can try DMZ, but as I said before it's a last resort. Good luck

Level 5
Highlighted

NAT type is not affected by wired or wireless. Being wired will give your connection more stability compared to wifi.

Achieving Open NAT - port numbers included. Ghosts V2

All the how to's are at the bottom of the article.

Read the Elagaphant article to check your router MTU setting.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

My guess would be that your IP address for your console changed and the port forwarding that you have in place actually worked against you as it locked those ports to your old IP address.  I'd check that first.  Look in your internet connection menus and there should be an option to display your settings.

Edit:  My second thought would be a loose cable.

Level 69

Studios