THE WARRIOR DOESN'T CARE IF HE'S CALLED A BEAST OR A DOG; THE MAIN THING IS WINNING > PART II (cont)

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Highlighted

Re: THE WARRIOR DOESN'T CARE IF HE'S CALLED A BEAST OR A DOG; THE MAIN THING IS WINNING > PART II (cont)

in reply to phxs72

Videos should help but in the moment of a skirmish with someone they become somewhat useless, experience in evading, maneuvering has been my ally.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: THE WARRIOR DOESN'T CARE IF HE'S CALLED A BEAST OR A DOG; THE MAIN THING IS WINNING > PART II (cont)

in reply to Izjar11

some of the videos I watch demonstrate skills like the ones you are descibing... Some people don't understand retreating to a better possition and just run in like a japanese kamikazi killer! But if you tek your time to learn the skills that keep you alive then you have more chance of initiating a positive outcome in the game.

Level 9

in reply to crosby85

Do you have a particular video as an example? Thing is I play TDM and most of the videos that are out there are simply about getting scorestreaks and though they play well it seems that the enemy they were against were oblivious to them!

Let me know, id appreciate a good one.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

try looking for woddy's gamertag then have a look at his tactical tuesday series these videos talk about more than just earning scorestreaks.

Level 9

in reply to Izjar11

Actually Woody's Gamertag does a series called Tactical Tuesdays were he actually picks out some of his gameplay and points out where he made both good and bad decisions.  And he's got a pretty good personality.  Not everyone of them are gems but he does bring out some good points to think about for someone that's learning the ropes.  He doesn't do the 115-1 videos or the watch me get 3 Osprey Gunners.  In fact, he promotes himself as an average gamer although he's obviously pretty good.  You can find him on Youtube.

Like you and ghamorra said, nothing replaces in game practice but sometimes it can be helpful to watch someone else's approach to a game when you aren't under the gun literally.  There's been many a time after I've suffered a bad game where I thought to myself, I should have changed my approach to (fill in the blank) but for whatever reason it just didn't hit me while I was in the match or maybe I was just being too stubborn to make a change.  So I think that there is a place for video watching as a piece of expanding your CoD knowledge base. 

Whether it be through self reflection or watching someone else or whatever, I say the wiseman doesn't restrict his pathway to enlightenment but rather evaluates each course and gleans what he finds useful from them.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

These videos from woodygamertag are good, informative and non hating. Thanks guys.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I mean really what is there to learn now?

Level 25

in reply to HaitianCreation

HaitianCreation wrote:

I mean really what is there to learn now?

This post is old Saint...

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I find watching YouTube videos pretty helpful, but not in terms of mimicking them but rather to pick out high traffic areas. The thing with YouTube guys who put up crazy kill totals is they are amazing at knowing what high traffic area the enemy is at, and what the best way of clearing them out is.

Example: I hated Raid when the game first came out. ItsEnvyness is one of my favorite commentators, and he puts up some crazy score lines on that map. I watched his videos over and over and finally figured out spawn patters and I've actually started to like it now.

Level 7

in reply to Izjar11

Question: Has anyone encountered a player who literally challenges you more than others? Do you find such encounters fun or frustrating?

of our training"
Level 75

Studios