Has anyone acknowledged the recent lag

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Has anyone acknowledged the recent lag

I want to know if any of the staff or the mods on this forum acknowledged the recent lag that has been going on. My KD has dropped from 1.52 to 1.35 in just 3 days. I am constantly getting killed by somebody that is looking in another direction. Here is info on my connection I am also hard wired. Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Has anyone acknowledged the recent lag

in reply to kse09
Solution
‎21-02-2014 04:03 PM

Yes they have.  I made a thread and posted my connection specs and someone answered and said it was a known issue they were working on.

in the 2 months I have been playing I have never noticed lag outside of this delay when I go to kill a dude.  last couple days though I have seen rubber banding for the first time.

this delay is a total deal breaker though.  I get the drop on a guy... I start pumping rounds in them.  Bam.  I'm dead. Kill cam shows me just standing there and in most cases I don't even get a round off.  Sometimes it's really bad... I'll be shooting a guy and in the replay im not even facing the right way.  It's like I'm literally a half a second behind whoever I'm shooting at.  The hit detection in this game is so good I am confident the kill cam is showing the moment correctly.

absolutely love this game but this is just way too frustrating.  It's like playing with a massive handicap.  I'm not that great to begin with but after they fix this (if it gets fixed) I'll be friggn amazing.  Still come in first sometimes with this bullcrap but I am quitting out of so many matches my stats are horrible.

i Know I shouldn't be quitting out of matches but man this is just so fn maddening.  I am pumping half a clip in dudes sometimes and I see the bullets hit but they aren't counting because of this delay between me and them.  I'm literally a half second behind.

Level 4
17 REPLIES

in reply to kse09

I doubt anyone will acknowledge it.

I didn't really notice it at first because I hadn't fired up my PS4 in a month because I was on vacation. When I got back I initially thought everyone had just gotten a lot better. After a few days when people I was shooting in the back were turning around and killing me I knew something wasnt right. Hopefully this new patch makes it better.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to kse09

kse09 wrote:

I want to know if any of the staff or the mods on this forum acknowledged the recent lag that has been going on. My KD has dropped from 1.52 to 1.35 in just 3 days. I am constantly getting killed by somebody that is looking in another direction. Here is info on my connection I am also hard wired. Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

The moderators have nothing to do with how the game performs, I have been speaking about the issues since 02/06/2014

here: Choppy games / latency increase

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Don't hold your breath it's going to take the player count being zero before they realize something needs to be fixed.

Level 18

in reply to kse09
Solution
‎21-02-2014 04:03 PM

Yes they have.  I made a thread and posted my connection specs and someone answered and said it was a known issue they were working on.

in the 2 months I have been playing I have never noticed lag outside of this delay when I go to kill a dude.  last couple days though I have seen rubber banding for the first time.

this delay is a total deal breaker though.  I get the drop on a guy... I start pumping rounds in them.  Bam.  I'm dead. Kill cam shows me just standing there and in most cases I don't even get a round off.  Sometimes it's really bad... I'll be shooting a guy and in the replay im not even facing the right way.  It's like I'm literally a half a second behind whoever I'm shooting at.  The hit detection in this game is so good I am confident the kill cam is showing the moment correctly.

absolutely love this game but this is just way too frustrating.  It's like playing with a massive handicap.  I'm not that great to begin with but after they fix this (if it gets fixed) I'll be friggn amazing.  Still come in first sometimes with this bullcrap but I am quitting out of so many matches my stats are horrible.

i Know I shouldn't be quitting out of matches but man this is just so fn maddening.  I am pumping half a clip in dudes sometimes and I see the bullets hit but they aren't counting because of this delay between me and them.  I'm literally a half second behind.

Level 4

in reply to kse09

I don't understand why the older games like MW2 didn't have this issue, but the newer ones do.

They found a way to break a crucial gameplay mechanic on the same engine they've been using for a decade.  Incredible.

Level 7

in reply to xlwolfshirt1

I'm guessing it's because they didn't implement lag compensation until MW3

Level 1

in reply to kse09

Lag compensation has been in every first person shooter.

MW2 was different to the rest because it was coded by different people, no longer at IW. They got fired, setup Respawn Entertainment, which is why a lot of people are looking forward to Titanfall (if you have an Xbox).

Level 38

in reply to kse09

I think the lag issues are much more prominent since the last update.

Level 2

in reply to kse09

It was shocking last night, the worst I have seen it since I bought the console 3 weeks ago. If it makes you feel much better my ps3 friends were saying it was bad on there last night as well.

It's either something to do with the upcoming patch or too many people on for the servers to cope!!

You would think that the more people on the better the matchmaking should be.It just seems to me (it was the same with blops) that the more people on the worse the lag.

I give up trying to work out what;s going with the connection in this franchise. It's a complete lottery in how well you do.

Level 12

Studios