Hard Drive Install Option for PS3 Call of Duty:Ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Highlighted

Hard Drive Install Option for PS3 Call of Duty:Ghosts

Time once again to remind the Dev's that PS3 users need an install option for Ghosts.  I've been involved in COD forum threads trying to get hard drive installs for PS3 COD since MW2.

During COD XP Sept. 2011 I was able to talk to David Vonderhaar about this in person, and really gave him my best sales pitch. Also we had a thread like this on the go on the Black Ops 2 forums before the game was released.  And lo and behold for Black Ops 2 for the first time we got a "Install Textures to Hard Drive" option under multiplayer options.  And its been great.  I go back to MW3 for Clan Ops and Challenges and it pains me even more now to hear my Blu-Ray drive grinding away the entire time I'm playing - in the past I've even had to mute people because I could hear their Blu-Ray drive chirping away through my headset.

I really hope that this texture install option or maybe a full install continues with Call of Duty Ghosts and we don't lose the ground we've gained.

If you want to save hundreds of hours of unnecessary wear and tear on your Blu-Ray drive please post that you agree this is an option we need - this is NOT A PETITION-  just users confirming this is a good and needed option for the PS3 community.

Level 24
59 REPLIES

Re: Hard Drive Install Option for PS3 Call of Duty:Ghosts

in reply to sstang1

I think this is a feature to stay, I jumped back on MW3 the other day and the difference to Black Ops 2 was very noticeable, the blu-ray sounded like it was going to take off!

Next-Gen consoles will have considerably more storage and processing power so I will be interested how they tackle this issue, loading the entire game into memory would be ideal if it's possible.

Level 20

in reply to sstang1

yea ,its very much needed for the ps3 ,but im hoping that all issues are eradicated on the ps4 ,il be skipping the ps3 version and getting the ps4 version this year,feels weird saying that

Level 2

in reply to sstang1

Thank you once again Sir. This is definitely a priority.  We appreciate the move by Vahn and Treyarch to help alleviate the stress on our consoles. Hopefully,  Teanah or Candy can let us know rhe status if such situation

Level 59

in reply to sstang1

Definitely a priority, thanks for bringing this up again.

My Blu-Ray drive has loved the easy work it's had to undertake during Black Ops 2. In fact, during the early days of BOps2, where I hadn't installed textures, there was the usual clunking when you inserted a disc - a symptom of BR drive dying. I installed the textures that day and voila, I haven't heard a clunk for months.

This shows how much I've benefitted from the option personally, and I'm sure there are thousands of people with the same gratitude.

Although I hated Vahn through BOps1, him and his team have redeemed themselves with a decent game and this option

I hope it's implemented again

Level 3

in reply to DecisiveBlow1

True. I noticed it alot less.Didn't constantly have the fan running.  Being able to feel the heated.

Level 59

in reply to sstang1

The only problem I can see sstang is, they are two different Development Companies. So like BLOPS11 did not have certain features from MW3, I can't see Ghost having certain features from BLOPS11?

If you can redirect the people concerned here, then we should get as many signatures as possible in this Thread, no?

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

Trying - thats why I put that link to here in the BO2 Texture install thread.

I had a tour of Infinity Ward's new studio back in April and I was able to talk to Mark Rubin about this issue directly - He's the Executive Producer of the game so if anyone can make a texture install or maybe even a full install happen - it would be him.

Thanks for the support.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

I'm for it.  BO2 is definately more quite than MW3 which is a big plus.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Definitely - I still go back to play MW3 for the Clan Ops and Challenges .... and because I love it.  But it pains me to hear the old Blu-Ray drive chirping away for hours.

Level 24

Studios