Got scammed by Activision and Sony

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ntgeleuve

ntgeleuve wrote:



I just called Activision and Sony: Really useless, short said. Sony told me that they never mentioned that ps3 onslaught dlc would be playable on the ps4. They say that in the store was mentioned that it only for ps3. I never seen this. I bought it because i was playing and in game advertisment told me it would be for both consoles. Sony told me that they are only responsible what in there terms are and simpy repeat that they mentioned in the store it was only for ps3. I should give them a screenshot they told me?!?!!? Am i really that stupid that i overread that it only was for PS3?????????



The guy from Activision understood me and simply told me he couldn't give his opinion because he is not allowed too.


i never did see any sort of information on sonys side. from my correspondence from activision and sony, they are both blaming each other. activision support told me that sony doesn't allow transfers like this, that's why it was changed. the issue with that is, is that it did work, it did backwards transfer for me, even with activision telling me it couldn't over the phone, and by their new support pages. sony says they provided the portal for activision to sell their product, whatever was or wasn't in the product wasn't up to them.

please post any sort of screenshots you have regarding the deal you were offered, or expected.

Level 7
Likes: 70
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ntgeleuve

ntgeleuve wrote:



I just called Activision and Sony: Really useless, short said. Sony told me that they never mentioned that ps3 onslaught dlc would be playable on the ps4. They say that in the store was mentioned that it only for ps3. I never seen this. I bought it because i was playing and in game advertisment told me it would be for both consoles. Sony told me that they are only responsible what in there terms are and simpy repeat that they mentioned in the store it was only for ps3. I should give them a screenshot they told me?!?!!? Am i really that stupid that i overread that it only was for PS3?????????



The guy from Activision understood me and simply told me he couldn't give his opinion because he is not allowed too.


When you talk to a support rep they only tell you what is on their screen and sometimes (quite a bit actually) they will base their answer to you on what their own personal opinion of the matter is. Even sadly Microsoft does this and I know for a fact they arent supposed to (for example) give you their opinion of what the TOU is. They are only supposed to read it off to you. Problem is they receive garbage info from above and pass the idiocy onto its reps.

For example I asked an Autodesk support rep about "student versions" of their software and she said their is no way they could have a free version of their software and the fact that they couldnt tell what you were going to do with the end product. Meanwhile I was staring directly at the student versions of their software right at their website.

Also both sides will blame the other for being at fault. This is shown in a case a few years ago with some DLC for the Xbox 360. Same scenario as this one. Activision vs MS. Discussed on the boards as well. Too bad I am under the weather and cant recall it.

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony


rlbl wrote:



"Activision probably will never know this thread exists or even cares"



- Obvious to some; not so much to others...



"Things like this happen ALL the time. "The policy may change at any time without notice" is plastered over almost every agreement out there. So what makes this time any different ?"



- No difference... well demonstrated.



Again, the sharing of views is an interesting discussion.  But you are right, the bottom line is: it is nothing more than a discussion.  The only people who are really going to read it, are people who can do nothing about it (safe from thinking twice before handing over more coin).  I paraphrase OneOfSwords with the BO2 NT2025/NTZ issue vis-a-vis the season pass:



"People got what they paid for. Because it might not have been what they perceive they should have gotten, is not cause for issue"



Even though I was not happy, I did learn my lesson.


TOSs & EULAs apply to "service-type" deals. the season pass would be one of these arrangements, but the individual map packs and the wolf skin are not. they are 1-time purchases.

it's no different than buying a gallon of milk, but it's filled with orange juice. would you not go back to the store and get your milk? of would you just sit back and eat your cereal with orange juice?

again, like i said to Starbuck, i'm not worried about this, or other, threads being read by any activsion employee. these are for discussion purposes for us, the people affected and new people coming to find out why theirs isn't working like they expected. all of the more important information being spread and various screenshots/links are all being passed by PMs and emails. *if* the threads start getting deleted/modified, it'll only serve to make it look like they're hiding something, as these threads are being archived constantly.

Level 7
Likes: 70
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ctfw529

The moderators operate differently from the corporate end. IF they were to delete the posts doesnt mean there is some kind of conspiracy against your cause. And as I said before that was a really big IF because the moderators arent those types of people.

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:




ctfw529 wrote:



again, you do not know the particulars. i did not pre-order the season pass, i bought it on my ps4 the day onslaught DLC went live on the PS store. at that time, the original documents were still up at activisions KB.



I never said you pre-ordered the Season Pass. I said IF (you see the word IF) you preordered the season pass. So before you start copping an attitude accusing me of something learn how to read. Just because someone doesnt agree with what you say doesnt mean they blasted somebody or threw an insult your way stating you are going the wrong way about this. Nor does it mean I am implying something. If I thought you should shut up about this then I would tell you to shut up. But I didnt. I stated that posting in this forum will get you no where. And it hasnt gotten you anywhere, has it ? Has anyone from Activision or Sony posted in this thread any kind of support or acknowledgement ?




If you and others spent your time contacting them thru Twitter and sending emails and contacting them thru other sources then what are you doing posting here in the forums ? I mean if I hired a lawyer for a McDonalds food poisoning case I wouldnt spend my free time haunting the McDonalds forums making posts there.



as far as my comment "people like you", is not an insult, it's the simple truth. when you first replied to someone in this thread, you blasted them, basically telling them they were wrong. you even went so far as linking the support page, which we've all seen, and we all know it changed. you even replied to me, that after reading another of my posts, that you saw the issue at hand. yet, here you are assuming things you know nothing about. my "people like you" comment is meant as you being someone who doesn't know the full extent of the issue, and, at first, didn't even know there was an issue, as evidenced by the fact that you linked the *new* support page and told that poster "that's the way it is, you're wrong", not your quote, but it's close. by you assuming the poster is wrong and not even looking at the entire issue before making your assumptions, puts you squarely into the "company line" type of people, IMO. if that's not the case, then i apologize for that, but your posts do not come across that way, in this thread, on this issue, at least.



QUOTE "As I said . Did you notice how I assumed that "people like you" are at fault ? Just like you did me. So does that mean you insulted me first saying "people like me" ? No it doesnt. (let me repeat NO IT DOESNT) " See how I said that it doesnt mean you insulted me ? You assume I was "that type of people" just based off of one or two posts.




I admitted I was wrong about that statement didnt I. So do you want me to chop my arm off to make you happy ? How about sacrificing my firstborn ? See thats the problem with "you people" someone like me admits they made a mistake and you jump all over them even worse after they did. Did you happen to see the part in the original post where I said "to my knowledge" . I didnt blast him, I said to my knowledge I didnt see it YET. That means I dont have the full details do I ?




Look at the post where I AGREED with killer


"I change my stance. Assuming you are talking about Onslaught .After seeing a post from one of swords that changes things. (the link)" See how I agreed with him and showed WHY I agreed with him. I posted that link to AGREE with him not to tell him he was wrong. I posted that link AFTER I admitted I was wrong.



so, again, you do not know all of the particulars here, not being affected by it, so why are you even bothering with this thread, and issue? i do research all of my purchases before buying them, it's smart consumerism. but, i can't help that a company changes it's offer after i've already bought it.



So wait. AFTER you bought it they changed it. And they changed it AFTER the DLC went on sale. So wouldnt that mean you paid for it BEFORE the DLC went on sale ? Oh no wait you bought it once it went on sale. In either case you still bought it too soon. What could YOU have done to prevent this ? Not bought it so soon. What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way. Yeah I am not being affected by it because again, I covered my ass before I bought it . I waited until other people bought it. THE 360 version didnt come on sale to about January, when did I buy it ? March. I took more than a month to test out the waters. This isnt the first time that a company has changed their procedures after a sale , either.




There was a conflicting post in one of sword post that was made in January. He contradicted himself many times in his post. Yet a month later you still bought it. It took me ten minutes to find that post of his after I spoke. So if it took me ten minutes after I spoke to find it how could you have done the research before buying. If the post I saw had to do with something I wanted to buy I wouldnt have made the purchase until I got an answer. You said you saw that link I posted and yet you still bought it anyway didnt you ?




Your QUOTE "i bought it on my ps4 the day onslaught DLC went live on the PS store.". So again why did you rush out and buy it ? Why didnt you at LEAST wait to see what other peoples opinions of the maps were. Why did you need to buy it the first day ? If you had of waited you would have not gotten screwed, you need to be more proactive in your decisions. Hence the reason I said not to go jumping into the pool so soon.




I purchased the Season Pass in March. Now if the maps that I will download later suck or the future map DLC sucks (like some past DLC did) then whose fault is that , that I paid in advance ? MY fault. Sure the company might put out sucky maps in the future but its still may fault for prepaying for them. I could easily download each map pack if I try it out at a freinds house or search youtube videos to see if they suck but the moment I reach for my wallet then thats a decision I made, no one elses. Sure they are at fault for putting out sucky maps but I should have learned the lesson before when I got burned.



um, what are you talking about "6 months"? this issue didn't, and couldn't have come to light until, we, on PS consoles, even had the chance to get anything to even see that there was a problem and that wasn't until Feb 28th. it is now a little over a full month since this issue came to light. again, we have all been giving them a chance to sort it out amongst themselves.



again, that's you not knowing the particulars. you keep assuming things, you really shouldn't do that.



You are the one that assumed I was "one of them" because of my first post where you state I basically jumped down someones throat stating that they were outright wrong, when I didnt. So how can you tell me not to assume when you are doing it yourself ?



"Good luck on your crusade Don Quixote" - that's the insult, if you didn't know, which, honestly, you must not truly understand what that story is all about, if you're referring it to me, or this situation. you have no dog in this hunt, yet you agree we shouldn't be getting screwed over by these companies, but, you're "implying" that we should just sit down and shut up. sorry, that's not how i work.



The reason I called you Don Quixote was because that is what you are doing posting here. Doing nothing. I compared you to Don Quixote, I didnt compare you to an idiot yelling at a wall nor did I call any insult to your intelligence. When they people who went after EA games for the BF1943 issue, what did they do. They DID something. They hired lawyers. What did the people with the Aliens/ Predator issue do ? They DID something. They hired lawyers. What are you doing ? Posting complaints arguing repeatedly on an internet forum. All you are right now is an ant yelling at a lawnmower to keep it quiet. I am not telling you to shut up, but what I am telling you is you need to go about it a different way.



you made the mistake of rushing out to get it on day one. You made a mistake, Take responsibility for you reaching for your wallet so soon and learn from your mistake. Companies screw over customers every single day. So what can you do to prevent it ? WAIT before pulling out your wallet. Their was no reason why you had to have to DLC on the first day.



The product (COD Ghosts) was released 6 months ago. And you were one the ones that got screwed and participated in the BF1943 scenario. YET you didnt warn anybody before the release of the DLC, you warned them AFTER you got screwed. You didnt learn anything when you got screwed over with BF1943 did you ? You rushed out and bought the DLC on the PSN the day it came out. If you were so concerned about people in general getting screwed over, again I ask, WHY are you waiting until now ? Because this time YOU got screwed over so you care about "all the other customers that got screwed over" ?



You got screwed over in the BF1943 scenario and yet you say you are a cautious consumer and "this is not the first time" . Yet after getting screwed over once you rush out and buy the DLC the first day. So now you got screwed over twice. And NOW you decide to watch out when you reach for your wallet ? Fool me once shame on me fool me twice .... Those types of people that repeatedly get screwed over and repeatedly keep spending money are the reason companies do this to the average customer. (Actually the way it actually works is a company STILL cares about profits up til the moment they file for bankruptcy and keep on screwing over customers caring about profits after that too.They care about profits even when they decide to stop a video game dead in its tracks and end it. They dont try to keep it to make customers happy. )




Lets say IF a moderator steps in (notice the word IF) and IF he decides this thread doesnt deserve to be here, or IF hew finds its just the same repeated stuff over and over and he decides to delete it, then where does that leave you ? Not saying in any way that they will do but this forum is owned by the same company you are fighting against. Its not a good idea to be making waves in their pool.



"The particulars" of this case is that you got screwed over before and you rushed out to buy this and got screwed over again. Whose to blame for you getting screwed over twice ? The first time, sure the company is defintely 100 percent at fault, but when you keep reaching for your wallet and keep getting money stolen then whose fault is it that you cant stop reaching for your wallet ? Actually make that many times than just this case , like the time that Sonys PSN was down for at least a month , credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers, and all the other things that been happening to the Sony , EA crowd you are totally blind to. And NOW you are going to watch your step ? How many times will you get screwed over before you make a stand ? Sounds like at least twice. This isnt the first time people have got screwed over in the COD series so why are you acting like it IS the first time ? You been on the forum for about two years why didnt you stand up for yourself two years ago when Activision screwed over people buying the Season Pass during the MW3 days ?



Give you an example. I feel that people got majorly ripped off when Sains Row 3 came out compared to Saints Row 2. I made a post of my opinions of the game on the SR3 forum. The forum moderator deleted the post even though it was objective and handled properly. At that point I never decided to ever give them my money again. Did the customers care about the customers after they filed for bankruptcy ? Nope. They cancelled the DLC release and just imported it into SR4. Regardless of what I or anyone else did it didnt sway the company on bit. They went about business as usual. The only way you are going to get results is to go the way that other people have done WITH getting results.


ok, well. i apologize for assuming you thought i pre-ordered, but you did go on a big "what if" scenario then for nothing, as i did not pre-order it, i bought it the day it went live on PSN on my ps4. if you have particular questions about the scenario, just ask, i'll answer. you don't have to try to find loopholes.

at that time, the information stated that it didn't matter what console you bought it on, or where it was bought. at that time, the official knowledge base article on activisions official support page said,

PlayStation The Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass has no effect on DLC transferring between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

  • DLC purchased on PlayStation 3 will transfer to PlayStation 4.

        DLC purchased on PlayStation 4 will transfer to PlayStation 3.


i don't know how much clearer i can make all of this for you. what they said was going to come in the deal did not come after people paid the money. they, then changed that support page a few days *after* it went on sale, but with no notice to anyone. the only reason people found out the support page changed was by referencing it for what they were supposed to get.


i also don't get what you mean by "i bought it to soon". what does that mean? so, somehow, since i bought this on the day it released, going off of information *they* provided, somehow i'm in the wrong? how does that work? that's not my responsibility. any company, in any industry has to sort out it's deals/offers before the sale, otherwise it becomes a bait & switch issue, which is against consumer law in the US. how is this any different?


i did my research in the only place i'm supposed to get official information; the activision KB. if i had gone somewhere else, people would be telling me i should have went there anyway. you can sit here and type out long-winded posts all you want about how this is my fault, but you're wasting your time. i did what i was supposed to do, i held up my end of the deal, paid my money, they didn't fulfill their end of the deal.


anyway, i did pose some questions above, but they're rhetorical, no need to reply, as i won't be replying to you again. honestly, you offer nothing to this issue, nor this thread. you offer no insight, nor useful knowledge in this situation. all you have offered are weak loopholes and blame on consumers being abused by a corporation.


btw, just so you know, that CC information, in the sony hack, was encrypted. it came out in the UKs investigation into the matter. not a good scenario overall, but at least the financial information was protected. honestly, none of your information has been very "right" in these discussions.


these posts/discussions are being had for just that, discussion. mods can delete any of this information at anytime. won't change anything that's happened. screenshots have been made, threads & links have been put together. i, myself, am waiting on one more response from someone within activision before taking this any further.







Level 7
Likes: 70
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ctfw529

I got a cold so I am going to make this quick.

Remeber that statement made about the guy running into you at the green light even though you had the right of way ?. That is not saying you were at fault. That IS saying that even though you had the right of way you could have prevented it. You should try reading what is being posted in front of you. AGAIN.

QUOTE "What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way."


"Even though I got screwed over in this DLC and didnt do anything wrong what could I have done to prevent this"

"Even though my girlfreind and I got in a fight and it was her fault for cheating on me what could I have done to prevent this".


You rushed out to buy it the first day yet you say your a careful consumer. There were conflicting details already before you even bought it. Like for example the one of swords post I linked that you said you knew about. One if I saw it I would have STOPPED immediately and not made a purchase until I got the answer. Period. Which I said MANY times. Or the main sales page which says it was an upgrade and not a downgrade and says you must buy it on the Ps3 but meanwhile you find a hiccup in an out of the way obscure webpage that contradicts that information BEFORE you made the purchase and yet you still made the purchase. If I found that discrepancy before I bought it I never would have bought it. You bought it even though one page states it was an upgrade only and another page that say you can transfer it both ways.


My opinion really ? It could have easily been a typo and not an actual scam by either party, but you are right that the typo they had is still a mistake on their part and I wouldnt have made a purchase until someone said it was valid. Even though a webpage usually does have typos and actual sign outside gamestop for example would be a different story. As I mentioned before a scam would be the whole BF1943 scenario.

At least you can apologize for your assumptions a lot of people here wont. Hats off.

As for the sony situation CC info WAS still stolen, but the problem is (like I said) that sony did not notify its customers it was stolen. You REALLY need to stop assuming so much and start reading.

QUOTE "credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers,". . CC Info was stolen around January and they didnt inform the customers until 3 months later. Even though it was an old database they still didnt inform its customers. My bank will send out a new CC to me even if it THINKS someone got into their data. You dont need to bring the discussion into another tangent just because I never said anything about it being encrypted or not.

I swear the amount of times you misread what I typed makes me wonder if you didnt misread the PSN pages Just kidding.

I would like to know though why you want to argue with some people here that are actually agreeing with you ? You find something wrong with my opinion, Rlbls opinion ?

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:



I got a cold so I am going to make this quick.



Remeber that statement made about the guy running into you at the green light even though you had the right of way ?. That is not saying you were at fault. That IS saying that even though you had the right of way you could have prevented it. You should try reading what is being posted in front of you. AGAIN.



QUOTE "What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way."




"Even though I got screwed over in this DLC and didnt do anything wrong what could I have done to prevent this"



"Even though my girlfreind and I got in a fight and it was her fault for cheating on me what could I have done to prevent this".




You rushed out to buy it the first day yet you say your a careful consumer. There were conflicting details already before you even bought it. Like for example the one of swords post I linked that you said you knew about. One if I saw it I would have STOPPED immediately and not made a purchase until I got the answer. Period. Which I said MANY times.



At least you can apologize for your assumptions a lot of people here wont. Hats off.



As for the sony situation CC info WAS still stolen, but the problem is (like I said) that sony did not notify its customers it was stolen. You REALLY need to stop assuming so much and start reading.



QUOTE "credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers,". . CC Info was stolen around January and they didnt inform the customers until 3 months later. Even though it was an old database they still didnt inform its customers. My bank will send out a new CC to me even if it THINKS someone got into their data. You dont need to bring the discussion into another tangent just because I never said anything about it being encrypted or not.



I swear the amount of times you misread what I typed makes me wonder if you didnt misread the PSN pages Just kidding.


i don't know why i keep responding...but,

the PSN went down on april 20th, sony sent out emails to a "network intrusion issue" on april 21st. they fully notified everyone about the information taken on april 25th, per Patrick Seybold on the PS blog. the PSN came back online on may 14th. 24 days total. hardly 3 months. all easily verifiable through google.

again, i don't know why you think anyone should have to wait to purchase things. people, myself included, expect companies to follow through on their offers. most of the time they do, but in the instances where they don't, that's where consumer protection laws come into play. there is no reason why they should not have had all of their ducks in a row. why should consumers not expect to get what they paid for?

as far as conflicting information. that's on activision. the conflicting information comes from their own sources. but, the actual "official" source, that they themselves refer us to, DID NOT change until *after* they put it out for sale. how was anyone supposed to know before *they* made the change, without notifying anyone. honestly, i had never even heard of OneofSwords' page until after this whole thing started. i get my information from "official" sources, not some dude who thinks he is "in-the-know". that's as bad as getting my information from a random forum poster.

again, you can keep saying that all you want, it doesn't make it right, nor does it excuse any company from breaking consumer protection laws. that's why the laws were created in the first place. to stop companies from doing exactly this type of thing. some of us, through the years, have taken gaming companies to task. sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't.

some people sit back and do nothing...

i can read just fine. it's not my fault you're going off on tangents, creating non-existent scenarios, and generally not dealing with any of the facts. not to mention, the misinformation on things, like the above, with the PSN outage information. not trying to offend here, but can we stick to the facts about this issue if you're going to continue to post in the thread, please?

Level 7
Likes: 70
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ctfw529

ctfw529 wrote:




starbuckfrack wrote:



I got a cold so I am going to make this quick.



Remeber that statement made about the guy running into you at the green light even though you had the right of way ?. That is not saying you were at fault. That IS saying that even though you had the right of way you could have prevented it. You should try reading what is being posted in front of you. AGAIN.



QUOTE "What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way."




"Even though I got screwed over in this DLC and didnt do anything wrong what could I have done to prevent this"



"Even though my girlfreind and I got in a fight and it was her fault for cheating on me what could I have done to prevent this".




You rushed out to buy it the first day yet you say your a careful consumer. There were conflicting details already before you even bought it. Like for example the one of swords post I linked that you said you knew about. One if I saw it I would have STOPPED immediately and not made a purchase until I got the answer. Period. Which I said MANY times.



At least you can apologize for your assumptions a lot of people here wont. Hats off.



As for the sony situation CC info WAS still stolen, but the problem is (like I said) that sony did not notify its customers it was stolen. You REALLY need to stop assuming so much and start reading.



QUOTE "credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers,". . CC Info was stolen around January and they didnt inform the customers until 3 months later. Even though it was an old database they still didnt inform its customers. My bank will send out a new CC to me even if it THINKS someone got into their data. You dont need to bring the discussion into another tangent just because I never said anything about it being encrypted or not.



I swear the amount of times you misread what I typed makes me wonder if you didnt misread the PSN pages Just kidding.



i don't know why i keep responding...but,



the PSN went down on april 20th, sony sent out emails to a "network intrusion issue" on april 21st. they fully notified everyone about the information taken on april 25th, per Patrick Seybold on the PS blog. the PSN came back online on may 14th. 24 days total. hardly 3 months. all easily verifiable through google.



Man you just want to keep arguing semantics dont you. You feel threatened or something ?



again, i don't know why you think anyone should have to wait to purchase things. people, myself included, expect companies to follow through on their offers. most of the time they do, but in the instances where they don't, that's where consumer protection laws come into play. there is no reason why they should not have had all of their ducks in a row. why should consumers not expect to get what they paid for?



as far as conflicting information. that's on activision. the conflicting information comes from their own sources. but, the actual "official" source, that they themselves refer us to, DID NOT change until *after* they put it out for sale. how was anyone supposed to know before *they* made the change, without notifying anyone. honestly, i had never even heard of OneofSwords' page until after this whole thing started. i get my information from "official" sources, not some dude who thinks he is "in-the-know". that's as bad as getting my information from a random forum poster.



so you didnt know about one of swords posts until after this thing started ? And you call yourself a careful consumer ?



again, you can keep saying that all you want, it doesn't make it right, nor does it excuse any company from breaking consumer protection laws. that's why the laws were created in the first place. to stop companies from doing exactly this type of thing. some of us, through the years, have taken gaming companies to task. sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't.



some people sit back and do nothing...



i can read just fine. it's not my fault you're going off on tangents, creating non-existent scenarios, and generally not dealing with any of the facts. not to mention, the misinformation on things, like the above, with the PSN outage information. not trying to offend here, but can we stick to the facts about this issue if you're going to continue to post in the thread, please?






I know can we stick to the facts or are you going to go off on another tangent about how "wrong" I was about Sony. The whole Sony debacle started in January, not just the Sony downtime but since you want to just point out others mistakes in every single post they make. For example there is one case where a lady had CC info stolen and used in Feb and they never notified her of it. Yeah you might want to try google.

I give you an example of how Sony CC info was stolen and DID NOT inform customers, and you go off on a tangent about how I was wrong because that info was encrypted. Thats a tangent right there , especially when you didnt even read it correctly. I gave you an EXAMPLE and yet you need to further discuss that example about how wrong I was. You took a small portion of the discussion and went of on a whole paragraph of the history of sony about it. And I am going off on a tangent ? I am really surprised that the traffic light example you didnt go off on a tangent on that one. Oh wait thats right you didnt read it.

One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet.

If I went into whataburger and the sign outside said 2.00 and the sign inside said 2.50 I would not make the purchase until they said the price was 2.00 like the sign outside says. Doesnt matter if they realize their mistake and change the sign outside I would still not make the purchase until they said 2.00.

THAT is why moderators delete posts cause its the same circular argument over and over again. So do you want to stick with the real discussion or do you think you might want "to jump down my freaking throat cause I missed a period somewhere" ?

you can read just fine ? Then why didnt you understand my example about the traffic light and still assume I said it was your fault ? Why did you miss the part where I said IF you bought the season pass ? Etc. Etc.

Heres sony response to consumers BTW ""It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained."

Yep it was encrypted all right. Nice of them letting people know until the last minute. But you just keep arguing about that too. In May Sony still wasnt sure what had been compromised.

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:



you can read just fine ? Then why didnt you understand my example about the traffic light and still assume I said it was your fault ? Why did you miss the part where I said IF you bought the season pass ? Etc. Etc.






those examples are irrelevant to the discussion. not arguing semantics at all, just correcting misinformation.

the traffic example is flawed because the other driver would still be responsible as they are the one who ran the red light, or however your driver was hit. i understood it just fine, just a silly analogy really, as you're trying to put fault on the driver who was hit, when, by your example, they had the right of way.

the season pass topic is irrelevant simply because i did not pre-order it, nor did the other people who are involved in this.

yes, i am a very careful consumer, i get my information from *official* sources, and only "official" sources. Swords is not one of those.

"One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet."

where does this come from? where are you getting this information? i have stated many times that i made my purchase on February 27th, the afternoon Onslaught DLC went live on the PSN. the support page said that everything will transfer, no matter the console generation, until, at least, midnight, that day. most did not notice the change until the following few days. i, myself, linked that support page to another poster, on this site, on February 28th, and it was still the original page. it wasn't until i saw FalconR6's thread on here, the following week, in the support section, that i even knew it had changed.

and, what "sales page"? there was no "sales page". there was the "onslaught DLC compatibility" page on activisions support KB, that gave the original information, and that's it. as far as the information on the PSN page, it said nothing about transferability at all. the only thing on the "about" box, was the description of the DLC itself. got a link for a "sales page" on the DLC please? sonys response on that has been "we don't put the DLC offers together, that's up to the publisher".

so, no, there was NO discrepancy, through official channels, until *after* the DLC went live for sale. again, i don't know where you get your information, but i go to official sources.

Level 7
Likes: 70
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
Highlighted

Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

in reply to ctfw529

ctfw529 wrote:




starbuckfrack wrote:



you can read just fine ? Then why didnt you understand my example about the traffic light and still assume I said it was your fault ? Why did you miss the part where I said IF you bought the season pass ? Etc. Etc.







those examples are irrelevant to the discussion. not arguing semantics at all, just correcting misinformation.



the traffic example is flawed because the other driver would still be responsible as they are the one who ran the red light, or however your driver was hit. i understood it just fine, just a silly analogy really, as you're trying to put fault on the driver who was hit, when, by your example, they had the right of way.



Again you dont know how to read I said "how can you prevent it" and "even though you arent at fault". I said it outright as an explanation of what I said yet you choose to ignore it. The other driver WAS responsible but how could you have prevented it ? Give you another example which you will ignore. You go out in the rain during a rainstorm and get stuck by lightening. How could you have prevented it ? You of course will still go outside because you arent at fault. It was a perfect example showing how one person can be at fault but how the other person could have prevented it. If you would have noticed the other guy wasnt stopping you could have put on the brakes. In your case you got screwed over by corporations before so you could have taken care not to have it done to you this time.




I BET you will have other posts in the past complaining about how you got ripped off by Activision before this game and here you are getting ripped off by them again ?



the season pass topic is irrelevant simply because i did not pre-order it, nor did the other people who are involved in this.



How many times do I have to say this. I never said you pre-ordered it. You also have no clue whatsoever how many people did or did not pre-order it nor do you have any idea how many people are involved in it. So you are telling me for a fact that not a single person pre-ordered the DLC ?



yes, i am a very careful consumer, i get my information from *official* sources, and only "official" sources. Swords is not one of those.



I took swords out of the equation. There were still actual official sources that conflicted.



"One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet."



where does this come from? where are you getting this information? i have stated many times that i made my purchase on February 27th, the afternoon Onslaught DLC went live on the PSN. the support page said that everything will transfer, no matter the console generation, until, at least, midnight, that day. most did not notice the change until the following few days. i, myself, linked that support page to another poster, on this site, on February 28th, and it was still the original page. it wasn't until i saw FalconR6's thread on here, the following week, in the support section, that i even knew it had changed.



and, what "sales page"? there was no "sales page". there was the "onslaught DLC compatibility" page on activisions support KB, that gave the original information, and that's it. as far as the information on the PSN page, it said nothing about transferability at all. the only thing on the "about" box, was the description of the DLC itself. got a link for a "sales page" on the DLC please? sonys response on that has been "we don't put the DLC offers together, that's up to the publisher".



so, no, there was NO discrepancy, through official channels, until *after* the DLC went live for sale. again, i don't know where you get your information, but i go to official sources.





Heres a couple official sources

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Season Pass

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Call of Duty Next-Gen Upgrade

This page for example did not change. At All.

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Season Pass

Call of Duty®: Ghosts Seamless Next Gen Upgrade Plans

Those pages are where a higher majority of the players get their details from, not searching for a out of the way page in the support section. They go to support when they NEED support.

At this point with your constantly argumentative attitude as well as you wanting to reword almost everything I said to benefit your argument I bet that you bought it on the PS4 first and when you found out it didnt downgrade you luckily foound a discrepancy and are desperately clinging to that.

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Studios