Does it seems like not many people are playing this game?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Does it seems like not many people are playing this game?

I feel like for a new call of Duty game there are not many people playing.  The most I have seen online and this was once in the 2 weeks since it's been out was 300,000.  Right now only 140,000!!! That just does not seem right for a new release.  I can honestly say that for me with the lack of hardcore game modes (*and the games modes being almost identical*) I do not play as often as I normally would with a new COD game.  I am usually gaming like crazy with a new release. Three weeks in and I can honestly say I am bored out of my mind with this game.  I love the rush, fast pace, & objectives of HC Dom/HC CTF. 

Level 4
88 REPLIES

Re: Does it seems like not many people are playing this game?

in reply to LadyGiggles07

This really doesn't make since for me to pay all my money for the playlist of hardcore games to be so short. 3 game modes???? ARE U SERIOUS!!!! but if you go to the core playlist they have 12 ( including clan vs. clan) game modes they can pick from. i should not be forced to play core just to play domination if im a hardcore COD player. Infinity ward & Activision get you act together and and treat all of your customers equally... no reason for you to be catering to yout the core players and not all players. at least give us more to choose from.

(ANGRYMEAL)

Level 1

I Agree I have only seen max 160k ppl on line, lowest I seen was 60k I checked what black ops to had they had 70k on.

Level 2

You do realise the PS4 is out?

I don't know the current numbers playing Ghosts on the PS4 but since that 1 million PS4's have been sold in North America, I'm assuming that's why the numbers are low on the PS3.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I see 20-30K online on the PS4.  I do not think that has anything to do with it.

Activision Ambassador

rlbl wrote:

I see 20-30K online on the PS4.  I do not think that has anything to do with it.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.

It's the same on the XBOX side. Generally we see around 500,000+ for the first few months but last time I checked, the numbers playing Ghosts have dropped considerably to around 300,000 at peak.

Level 51

rlbl wrote:

Sounds about right for a new console.  And you're right, I don't think the low numbers can be explained that simply.

Now, whether the PS4 numbers would be 40-50k (at the time you posted) if the game was selling well?  We just don't know.  Yet. 

Level 40

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

I don't know the current numbers playing Ghosts on the PS4 but since that 1 million PS4's have been sold in North America, I'm assuming that's why the numbers are low on the PS3.

You're assuming that all those who bought PS4 bought it to play Ghosts.  That's quite an overstatement. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

vims1990 wrote:

You're assuming that all those who bought PS4 bought it to play Ghosts.  That's quite an overstatement. 

Considering that there were 700,000+ copies of COD Ghosts on the PS4 sold in the US , not entirely an overstatement but 20,000 playing it online is quite surprising unless people are trying out the PS4 exclusive titles first.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/11/19/call-of-duty-ghosts-best-selling-game-on-ps4/

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

Considering that there were 700,000+ copies of COD Ghosts on the PS4 sold in the US , not entirely an overstatement but 20,000 playing it online is quite surprising unless people are trying out the PS4 exclusive titles first.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/11/19/call-of-duty-ghosts-best-selling-game-on- ps4/

700k copies sold equal to 42 million.  A small fraction of the 1 billion ATV is claiming with its sell-in numbers.  So, the argument that lower sales are the result of people waiting for PS4 is quite an weak argument.

BOII sold 500 million worth of copies at the day of its release.  Ghosts' release day sales do not come close BOII's 500 million.  The 42 million for PS4 barely makes a dent..

People waiting to buy the PS4 first is not the cause of the Ghosts' low sales. 

Level 40

Studios