Seems were screwed again#Ghosts:- No mod tools - p2p - matchmaking - lag comp - All confirmed??

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: Seems were screwed again#Ghosts:- No mod tools - p2p - matchmaking - lag comp - All confirmed??

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

here is a link to the thread where jon shirling  talks about p2p and dedi servers..

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414552820#414552820

I'm with you m8, no proper clan run servers?, then no sale..

Why do you keep making stuff up ?

Same as before the blog post you linked to is entitled " Let's talk about the Xbox Live cloud"  and he mentions PC's ONCE -  "Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.".

Nowhere in that blog does he mention anything you claim he did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EASY to understand, is it not? , logic dictates that if a dev who helped make mw2 and cod4 thinks that p2p hosted servers is a bad idea for xbox (with its 400,000 players)? then it follows, that its an entirly stupid idea on PC ( 6,000 or less online)?, yet weve had to suffer this system since mw2 from iw.

Level 13

Re: Seems were screwed again#Ghosts:- No mod tools - p2p - matchmaking - lag comp - All confirmed??

in reply to _bhc_max_co

{bhc}max|co wrote:

maccabi wrote:

here is a link to the thread where jon shirling  talks about p2p and dedi servers..

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414552820#414552820

I'm with you m8, no proper clan run servers?, then no sale..

Why do you keep making stuff up ?

Same as before the blog post you linked to is entitled " Let's talk about the Xbox Live cloud"  and he mentions PC's ONCE -  "Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.".

Nowhere in that blog does he mention anything you claim he did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

EASY to understand, is it not? , logic dictates that if a dev who helped make mw2 and cod4 thinks that p2p hosted servers is a bad idea for xbox (with its 400,000 players)? then it follows, that its an entirly stupid idea on PC ( 6,000 or less online)?, yet weve had to suffer this system since mw2 from iw.

Easy to understand that post e3 everyone's smiles and hugs towards each other have gone flying out the window and the gloves have come off,

and lo and behold what potentially is the biggest competitor to CoD this year , a dev from is suddenly out of the blue making blogs that's basically slating CoDs system.

If listen servers are such a bad idea how comes when said devs were making cod they didnt have dedis and remember back then there was a much smaller player base which made dedis more financially viable??? 

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

If listen servers are such a bad idea how comes when said devs were making cod they didnt have dedis and remember back then there was a much smaller player base which made dedis more financially viable??? 

P2P and listen servers work really well on a local area network, player hosted matches on a LAN do not give the host much of a lag advantage because of the very low latency. Scaling up to internet, player hosting adds quite a large number of switching devices between all players (switches, routers and so on) and increases the latency and lag and limits the game to the host's upload bandwidth. I don;t know exactly what the bandwidth requirements are for each player in a game, but multiply that bandwidth by 16, including voice and I'm sure it would soon start to eat up the hosts connection capacity. For example, I am on ADSL 1, my maximum upload is 0.4 Mb/s, I doubt that is enough to host a 16 player CoD game. I know the game can migrate to a new host when there are such problems, but it is so annoying.

Player hosting has also been a cheatfest for the idiots who think it's cool and clever to use cheats.

Dedi server architecture is different, usually much more bandwidth available (usually on or close to the internet backbone), and usually well managed by game hosting companies to ensure consistent connectivity. If you have a server list to choose from, you can find ones with low ping and the game modes you want to play - it works, and works well - CoD4 has proven this, and is still very popular. There are probably more people playing CoD4, than playing MW2/MW3 combined - because of the multiplayer architecture. Also, dedi servers make it somewhat easier to find and ban cheaters, as well as abusive morons that make gaming a much less pleasant experience for others. We want to play fair, and we want to have fun.

Let us hope that the light of reason shines on Ghosts and we see the return of proper servers, both 'Official' servers for match-making, and rentable ranked servers (though locked down somewhat - like BF3) for clans.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to wierd worlds are these

wierd worlds are these wrote:

If I am not able to rent a server and be able to kick people who are either cheating, or being racist etc then I won't be buying the game and I WILL just pirate it instead for the single player campaign because Infinity Ward will not deserve the money for it, considering that they will have to develop a game for the Xbox One with no dedicated servers and no server browser even though, they don't have to worry about hosting those servers considering Microsoft will be doing that, and then for the PS4 and PC all they have to do is not limit it to one GSP, but we are all fairly confident that the game is not going to use dedicated because that will mean that IW will have to admit that, there stupid IWnet system does not work.

Pirating a game is stealing no matter how you slice it. Just because you may not like what IW is doing with Ghosts doesn't give you the right to steal it. Saying you're only going to play the single player campaign of your pirated copy doesn't make your actions any more justifiable.

If IW has a brain in their collective head, they will do everything they can to make the MP experience an improvement over Black Ops 2. To not make an attempt will surely kill off the COD series completely, making Ghosts the final nail in the coffin.

Vondehaar and Treyarch have proven what complete assholes they are by doing nothing about Lag Comp in BO2. Not to mention the ridiculous spawning and crappy hit detection. According to YouTuber, Drift0r, lag compensation can be adjusted. If this is true, then why isn't Treyarch doing anything about it?

Another important point concerns all the Treyarch lapdogs that have been trolling the forums and YouTube, insisting that BO2 is the best COD ever. Seeing all the reports coming out about the horrendous lag compensation issue, and how IW is working specifically on improving lag comp for Ghosts, proves how these tryhards and scrubs are lying and being dishonest about the quality of BO2. BO2 is crap. It's the worst FPS game I've ever played. And I hate the singleplayer campaign. It reminds of a bad role playing game. At least Ghosts sp campaign looks much more promising.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

If IW has a brain in their collective head, they will do everything they can to make the MP experience an improvement over Black Ops 2. To not make an attempt will surely kill off the COD series completely, making Ghosts the final nail in the coffin.

Vondehaar and Treyarch have proven what complete ******** they are by doing nothing about Lag Comp in BO2. Not to mention the ridiculous spawning and crappy hit detection. According to YouTuber, Drift0r, lag compensation can be adjusted. If this is true, then why isn't Treyarch doing anything about it?

Another important point concerns all the Treyarch lapdogs that have been trolling the forums and YouTube, insisting that BO2 is the best COD ever. Seeing all the reports coming out about the horrendous lag compensation issue, and how IW is working specifically on improving lag comp for Ghosts, proves how these tryhards and scrubs are lying and being dishonest about the quality of BO2. BO2 is crap. It's the worst FPS game I've ever played. And I hate the singleplayer campaign. It reminds of a bad role playing game. At least Ghosts sp campaign looks much more promising.

Now i'd be first to shout out , what i hate about recent cods,

but in defense of treyarch, i found bo1 to be quickly fixed, then became quite playable, and ive found bo2 to be one of the best cods , so much so i'm approaching prestige master, something ive never done in any other cod...

The worse aspects of bo2 are no clan support on pc, no stats, nowhere for clans to grow..

thats why ranked rentable clan servers are a MUST in ghosts.

Level 13

in reply to _bhc_max_co

{bhc}max|co wrote:

Now i'd be first to shout out , what i hate about recent cods,

but in defense of treyarch, i found bo1 to be quickly fixed, then became quite playable, and ive found bo2 to be one of the best cods , so much so i'm approaching prestige master, something ive never done in any other cod...

The worse aspects of bo2 are no clan support on pc, no stats, nowhere for clans to grow..

thats why ranked rentable clan servers are a MUST in ghosts.

Sorry, but the maps in BO2 are so damn tiny that it in no way resembles the classier versions of COD like World at War and COD:MW. COD Ghosts needs a wider variety of map sizes for all player types.

There definitely should be dedicated servers. There will always be lag, just as Battlefield has it, but with dedis the lag is more evenly spread amongst players. Where as console hosted matches only offer inconsistent gameplay between players.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Yep we need bigger maps like in the old cod games, i like to snipe and i don't like this quickscope crap, people thinking they are the best sniper in the world because they can quickscope, im not saying it does not take skill to do it but its not sniping is it lets be honest.

All the latest cods just seem to much of just run and gun even s&d now,  no real skill just of a case of who is fastest on the triger or who see who first, and yer we need really server list with pb at least when you find a good server with a good clan you know cheater will be kicked there and then, and all the people that like to abuse other player, you know the ones that think calling you a N****r is clever.

Level 1

in reply to _bhc_max_co

Lets hope for no mods nor dedicated servers match making only!

Level 3

in reply to whatabeer

Control Riley the dog as a kill streak in multiplayer!

Level 3

in reply to whatabeer

whatabeer wrote:

Lets hope for no mods nor dedicated servers match making only!

RU insane?

strange, in one of your other posts you ask for dedicated servers?

Level 13

Studios