Which console will get the downloadable content (DLC) first?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Which console will get the downloadable content (DLC) first?

in reply to Submit2MyWill

As a gamer that played on PS3 for 5 years, XBL for 1 and PC since I can say there isn't much of a difference between PSN/XBL on the current gen consoles. IMO for most it's the psychology that paying for XBL must mean it's a better service, fact is in the past for most console multiplayer games it didn't matter one way or the other. Why? Because P2P, that's why. Now the next gen comes and dedicated servers are going to be more common, this will be when the differences will truly show one way or the other.

I know already that XBL still hides anything remotely related to online content behind their ludicrous paywall. Yes you need PS+ now to play multiplayer games, however things like Netflix, Hulu and gameplay recording are not while they are on Microsoft's console. Personally I won't be getting either anytime soon, but if I were the choice would be pretty damned obvious. I don't have a dog in the coming console fight, just offering my 2cents. I'm going to stick to my free and open platform

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

I guess you weren't around when script kiddies from Anonymous hacked the PSN, and it went t*ts up for a month. That's a long time to not be able to play any multiplayer games, but I guess you get what you pay for.

PSN was horrible for chat as well, in addition to about 1-2 out of every 12 players online would even have a mic.

I support the pay wall actually. All of the freeloaders streaming movies, etc... are utilizing resources that everyone else is paying for. There's nothing "free" about those resources that are being consumed, except that essentially the people who pay for the service are subsidizing the ones that don't.

The more money that goes into the pot, the better the outputs.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Ya, the PSN outtage was a pretty big deal, what people like to forget is XBL was down for a couple weeks itself around Christmas time earlier on in the console cycle. It wasn't due to hacking but server overload in the XBL case however. The mic thing was only because there were 360 bundles that came with a mic from the beginning and also the cheap Xbox branded headsets that Sony had to play catchup with. The only point I can give in Microsoft's favor is cross-game chat, which never made an appearance on PS3 unfortunately due to RAM bottlenecks.

The problem with the paywall is streaming things like Netflix, Hulu, etc. are already being paid for by the customers that are subscribed to them. The subscribing customers can watch them without any additional charges on every single device that supports them except for the Xbox. No logical way to justify that besides Microsoft greed. With a service like Steam or Origin on PC there is also not really anyway to justify charging for multiplayer or discounts on DLC/games through digital services on either console. Sony may not have placed anything aside from their MP behind a paywall, but that is still not okay in my book.

While playing on console I never really knew how much better gamers had it on PC when it came to pretty much anything, that is until I built my PC. All of the money that customers pump into Microsoft goes towards things like timed exclusives, instead of better deals for the customers. Steam which is completely free has the most amazing deals and prices on all kinds of games, which change every single week. Not even mentioning the summer and winter sales which are just mind boggling. When I had my 360 for a year I didn't really think about paying for XBL and what I was getting out of it, outside of cross-game chat and more mics the experience was nearly identical to PSN.

After being on PC for over a year now I can see how much of a waste of money it really was. I'm a PC gamer for life now and this is all coming from someone who had never played a game on his PC ever until last year and was extremely turned off by the idea of using a kb+mouse input method. The new console gen is great for the PC platform as well since they finally made the switch to x86 architecture, which means a lot better PC versions of games and no more lazy ports from some developers *cough* Rockstar *cough*.

Level 8

in reply to BopitPopit1

BopitPopit wrote:

How do you know??

From the reveal event.

And Google. It's a search engine for information on the internet.

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC for Xbox One to be exclusive at first | News | TechRadar

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to BopitPopit1

Why is this a question, Mircosoft has a major Microhard for Activision. They're definitely banging on the side

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Why is this a question, Mircosoft has a major Microhard for Activision. They're definitely banging on the side

lol this.

It will be Xbox One and Xbox 360

This much is obvious.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

lol microhard. nice

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to BopitPopit1

Obviously Xbox1

The exclusivity deal has never, will never make the slightest difference to my console of choice. (I'm not a sheep)

I didn't buy any DLC for Black Ops2, I'm sure I wasn't alone, so Activision have to weigh up the risks of alienating 50% of their franchise.

I guess Xbox players pay for exclusivity through Live, I'm fine with that.

I'll stick with PSN

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

You still have to pay for psn now

Level 2

in reply to WolfRidge

no I pay XBLA so because I dont like to get hacked.....we arent paying for eclusives

Level 13

Studios