What Cod Needs READ IT ACTIVISION

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: What Cod Needs READ IT ACTIVISION

in reply to zombies4lyfe

Yes quickscoping.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

in a private match or separate game mode.

Level 10

in reply to eSKylezZ

Dedicated Servers are not possible

I don't want a search feature that goes by skill, I just want to play

Host Migration in Black Ops II was perfect, the only time it failed was when the host pulled the plug and that's unavoidable

You're asking for too many maps

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Why aren't dedicated servers possible? They would need a lot and it would cost a lot of money, but it would be possible.

Level 4

in reply to trollinthunder

Look at any of the other hundred threads I've commented on for a reason. It would cost far more money than most people can even comprehend

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

oh are you talking about the sort of money that people cant imagine? you mean some of the 1 billion barrier that activision broke with blop2. you mean the money that overtook the highest EVER selling us box office film of all time (AVATAR)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i think you need to re-think what you have said on all of these post's about the publisher basically cant afford it?

because its bull****

Level 1

in reply to yournotoldenoug

1 billion was total sales, you take production cost, R&D, employee wages, and marketing expenses out and what do you think they're left with. That money is paying for this Call of Duty, it's paying for the new engine that probably took years and millions to make, it's paying for events. After you factor in all of that then there's not really a whole lot left.

Even still, the cost of Dedis would be a couple million a month, per game, per console. And that's just in server costs. Then think about all the down time for maintenance. Everyone thinks that Dedis are the perfect solution when they're not

Level 75

in reply to eSKylezZ

No

... forget most of this silly crap. It just seems somebody wants more..more ...more. I don't understand the whole point of wanting some skill matchmaking system to give you competition. Noone will remember where you were in rankings, you won't stay there for the entirety of human existence. Most of this crap would screw up matchmaking even further as DLC. Or you would be paying for a key to unlock content locked on the disc you already paod for. Just like with ___ and _____ ___.

Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to eSKylezZ

Just for the record, the 300,000 servers were for xbox live, I suspect some people may be confusing these with dedicated servers. Handling live subscriptions/matchmaking is completely different from hosting Call of Duty games.

Peer to Peer is here to stay, the reason, it's scalable.

I was just curious as to why you didn't want league play? Also why the same attachments as MW2?

The WAW Co-op I agree with

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

WolfRidge wrote:

Peer to Peer is here to stay, the reason, it's scalable.

It's not a P2P system, it's called Listen Servers. P2P means every peer connects to every peer, we don't do that. We all connect to a host

Level 75

Studios