The Perfect Solution to Knifing

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: The Perfect Solution to Knifing

in reply to Ghamorra

Honestly? Knifing was a stupid idea to begin with.

It was worst in MW2, obviously, and still bad in BO. I never saw knifers in MW1 or WaW, at least not outside of Gun Game.

I'm happy to see it go, at least go back to where it belongs. It shouldn't be an easy insta-kill. You'd need to aim with a pistol too, time your shots, watch your ammunition. Why should knifing be easier?

Level 13

in reply to Radical_53

will agree with teh MW1/WaW thing

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Knifing can be fixed if they're willing to admit the problems with it:

First and foremost, Panic Knifing. This is the one thing that just ruins it for for people. The idea that if you just tighten your grip on the controller a little bit, you'll get an easy/free kill from anyone within range. That needs to go. The adjustment that can be made is simple:

The Knife should only be a 1hko from behind. This whole 1hko from anywhere business is what helps cause the problem. By making it a 2hko from the front, and 1 from the back, it brings a little strategy into the game and doesn't kill the stealth aspect of the knife.

If that can't be implemented, then adjust it so that the amount of damage a knife does, is based upon how much health your character has at the time. In other words, if you have 100 Health, it does 100 damage. If you have < 50 Health, it does 50 Damage. This would mean that if someone shoots you, you won't be lunging through bullet after bullet for a free kill. You'll take your death and move on.

If either of these solutions were implemented, it would solve the problem completely IMO. You won't need to reduce the lunge because people can shoot you to reduce your knife damage, and you won't have to re-map the button because the knife can still be effective if you're in a situation in which you likely would have gotten the kill anyway had you used a gun. It's also probably the simplest of solutions to implement.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

easist way to remove panic knifing is dont let the controler stick be the knife button on any setup.

best way without doing that is add intentinal lag(hover long it usualy takes to push B from teh stick with the same reaction time), (same with dropshotting) to start the animation/motion. it would make panic knifing at the same speed of normal knifing atleast, hate it when i was called a panic knifer when i used tactical.

Level 22

in reply to Ghamorra

I like your ideas on knifing.  The BO2 knife is so broken.  It's sad but when I go back to MW3 and get panic knived now I actually am happy to see a knife that actually works again.  If, however, they were to incorporate your ideas then they might actually accomplish maintaining the knife's usefulness while also cutting down on panic knifing.

Level 69

Studios