The Maverick

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

The Maverick

I've searched but havent seen much on this. Anyone know anything about it?

Level 9
51 REPLIES

Re: The Maverick

in reply to KC135R

You saw it in my DLC thread... but for anyone else who happens upon this thread looking for info-

• Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught also arms players with a deadly new addition to the Call of Duty: Ghosts’ weapons arsenal with the “Maverick,” a dual-purpose Assault Rifle or Sniper Rifle that players can choose how to use depending on their tactical needs – a first for Call of Duty. Outfitted with a lightweight wood stock this weapon can be selected in either the Assault or the Sniper Rifle class. As an Assault Rifle the weapon’s fire rate becomes fully-automatic with high damage at a decent range, and as a Sniper Rifle the “Maverick” sports an advanced scope and a semi-auto rate of fire.

Source-Activision officially announces Ghosts Onslaught DLC -TRAILER - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Gho...

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to KC135R

Maverick will be (2) weapons in the DLC - one assault rifle and the other a sniper rifle. Details are available here:

Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Gameplay Trailer - Michael Myers in Onslaught DLC - YouTube

Level 8

in reply to Audiophile1

Well, it is one weapon found in two classes, to be more exact.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

It's two weapons based on the same platform to be even more exact. Like M27 & M27-IAR plus G36C & MG36

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

Well I mean, read the official description above. Its going to be the Maverick in both classes. Just Semi- Auto in one with a scope and full auto in the other.

Semantics, I guess.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Regardless.....am I the only one who sees this gun as being the next Peacekeeper where everyone and their brother has it armed? Really hope this weapon is better balanced than the Peacekeeper was when it was first released.....

Level 8

in reply to Audiophile1

Amen.

People will use it a lot, new toy and all. So get used to seeing it.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Audiophile1

idunno, honestly I hated the peacekeeper, it was nowhere as good as the FAL.

that being said, of course everyone uses a new weapon the first time it comes out....

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

Yeah, I saw it used a lot at first, but that's really because of everyone wanting to try it out as soon as possible. It really didn't very last though. I didn't think it was bad, but a lot of people dropped it in just a couple weeks..

Level 24

Studios