Quickscope compromise

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Quickscope compromise

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Just kill QS altogether. It doesn't belong in COD. If someone makes Mario Brothers Combat, then sure QS to your heart's content. QS isn't a real skill. QS'ers whine that it's just a game so reality shouldn't take place. But, a war game like COD should be closer to reality then fantasy.

No. Yes.  It is called Super Mario Brothers, and they could have a soldier that shot a sniper rifle.  Neither is complaining about Quickscoping.  I think Quickscopers are right.  A war game like COD makes up a war senario, which could be considered fantasy.

If we allow QS, why don't developers start adding a Matrix perk. After so many points, a player can jump through the air and land 50 yards away without damage.

LOL, that makes no sense.  We did have a glitch in MW2 that allowed you to fly up onto of the barrier and there is a perk that allows you to not take damage when falling.

The idea of killing with a sniper rifle without having to look through the scope means you're not a sniper. You're a scrub. Stop couching the game around lazy players. Show some wits. Choose a weapon that requires real skill. People whine about weapons being OP. Yet, gladly accept an ability that doesn't exist in reality.

I know that I didn't have to look through the scope on Battlefield either to kill people.  The only person that is a scrub is the person that always dies to snipers.  "Stop couching"? LOLs.  I think that I am very witty when I know how to defeat many different skilled oponents in many different situations.  From what I get from YT is that the snipers take the most skill.  Some weapons are OP, and 99% of the time they are SMGs or ARs.

Real soldiers tell us that QS isn't even thought about. It's unrealistic. It's a lazy man's way of shooting. QS'ers say it requires practice. So does bouncing quarters into a glass of beer. But, you're not going to put that in your resume', are you? Get over your QS obsession. Play the game as its meant to be played. And developers should stop pandering to lazy players. Get a weapon. Learn it. Get better with it. Then brag about your meaningless KDR.

Real soldiers don't have a 10 minute time limit.  How is it lazy if they are moving around the map getting kills?  Quickscoping does require practice to get good at it like everything else.  Bouncing quarters into a glass of beer isn't relevant.  If you want to get into a clan like OpTic or FaZe then yes you better put it on your resume  I don't have a QS obession.  I am playing the game how I want to play.  I don't think the developers care how I play the game, as long as I am not cheating.  I choose the sniper.  I learn how to snipe and quickscoping.  Then I get good at sniping and quickscoping.  Then I brag about my 2.0K/D only sniping.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to iivrruummii

Hey, if they leave in QS. Then I'll have to accept and adapt. I just think the game would be more fun if it were more challenging. That's what keeps me playing a game. Having to always find ways to improve my skills and new ways to move around the map in stealth and rushing. Part of improving my skills involves getting better with a weapon based on how its used.

I'm guessing at some point COD might take place in the future. Then all kinds of weapons can be designed and created for the game. Oh wait....that's Titan Fall. I can see that game taking off in sales.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

So the game will be more fun because snipers will be harder/suck, and they will be easier for you to kill them?

Titanfall will do alright.

Level 47

in reply to RunAndGun1

• "If we allow QS, why don't developers start adding a Matrix perk. After so many points, a player can jump through the air and land 50 yards away without damage."
    That's already in the game. Its called LAG.

Level 6

Studios