Quickscope compromise

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Quickscope compromise

in reply to WKMMS

What needs to be reduced on sniper rifles is bullet magnetism.

Every console shooter has a bit of aim-assist, auto-aim, and bullet magnetism.

Level 16

in reply to Bobthrobber

A compromise for me would be to drastically reduce auto aim on EVERY weapon that way we won't have sniper pulling up their scope a foot off target but getting a kill, we will also see less laser beam kills from long distances from SMGs and ARs and we might actually bring a bit of skill back into the game god forbid.

Level 16

in reply to Bobthrobber

I have mine turned off and still manage to do very well quickscoping if you have the patience to quickscope and at times do terrible but stick with it, the return is great. For that one game where yesterday I went 37 12 quickscoping on one match and 42 and 14 on another

it can be done without auto aim. Im not even running a secondary pistol or sub or assault rifle. I'm runing 2 sniper rifles so i dont have to worry about reloading. I have 5 classes with dual snipers and only ghost/cold blooded and blind eye... I can still quick scope without it. Learn to deal with it man... then you guys wont come off as cry babies as much.

Level 2

in reply to Bobthrobber

Quickscoping needs to go. Black Ops 1 snipers were perfect. The ADS was much slower. Black Ops 2 is hell with the DSR. You put 2 shots in a guy, then he presses L and R to win. You don't even need to look in the scope to do it, which is even more annoying.

Level 16

in reply to jet041

I can quick scope with any of the sniper rifles. Of course I play hardcore.... its 1 shot regardless of where youre hit or what sniper rifle youre using.

Level 2

in reply to Bobthrobber

Here's my compromise:

Get rid of Quick-scoping, and I won't kick every quick-scoper in the throat when I meet them.

Seriously though, There needs to be no compromise. Simply get rid of it altogether and tell the montage kids to suck it. In fact, I would go so far as to change how damage is calculated with Sniper Rifles. My primary suggestion has always been this:

Sniper Rifles have the reverse damage profile of normal weapons.. that is, they do less damage up close, and more damage at a distance. This means that they do something like this:

50-75 Damage

50 Damage up close, and at longer distances, they do 75 damage. This means that it will work perfectly fine as a sniper rifle. No legitimate sniper will notice a difference. The only thing this does is kills quick-scoping, and makes it so that you have to pull out your secondary weapon up close when using a sniper (as it should be). Then they can remove any little "balancing" features from them such as that awkward sway that they had in BO.

Quick-Scoping needs to go, and the sooner we do that, the better off everyone will be.

Level 35

in reply to Bobthrobber

I don't  Qs but its not that goods. Watch Fazz Kross ghost gameplay. He misses a lot. To completely make em like Black ops 1 would be insane it only works there because gameplay and bullet damage is low.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Bobthrobber

Just kill QS altogether. It doesn't belong in COD. If someone makes Mario Brothers Combat, then sure QS to your heart's content. QS isn't a real skill. QS'ers whine that it's just a game so reality shouldn't take place. But, a war game like COD should be closer to reality then fantasy.

If we allow QS, why don't developers start adding a Matrix perk. After so many points, a player can jump through the air and land 50 yards away without damage.

The idea of killing with a sniper rifle without having to look through the scope means you're not a sniper. You're a scrub. Stop couching the game around lazy players. Show some wits. Choose a weapon that requires real skill. People whine about weapons being OP. Yet, gladly accept an ability that doesn't exist in reality.

Real soldiers tell us that QS isn't even thought about. It's unrealistic. It's a lazy man's way of shooting. QS'ers say it requires practice. So does bouncing quarters into a glass of beer. But, you're not going to put that in your resume', are you? Get over your QS obsession. Play the game as its meant to be played. And developers should stop pandering to lazy players. Get a weapon. Learn it. Get better with it. Then brag about your meaningless KDR.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 wrote:

If we allow QS, why don't developers start adding a Matrix perk. After so many points, a player can jump through the air and land 50 yards away without damage.

Have you ever played in a modded lobby before? That's actually a lot of fun and I would have no problem with them making a game mode like that lol.

Anyway, I completely agree with ya.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

Oh yea, I'd accept a mode where you know you're entering a match with mods. Maybe that will deter players from boosting and hacking. It's like giving someone a paint spray can and a blank wall. Let 'em go at it. But, keep it separate from regular games.

Level 21

Studios