Please...no tiny maps

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Please...no tiny maps

in reply to iivrruummii

great for the developers - they always wins, and sad for the customers who always looses. im not going into this circle of call of duty any more. doomed to die. btw Call of duty is the first game you should try if you are new to FPS. if you want more , try Battlefield.

Level 5

in reply to kaktusbear

I have played Battlefield and there is nothing special about it.  It is a play for a month and done with it game.

Level 47

in reply to kaktusbear

kaktusbear wrote:

Go and play Battlefield 3 if you want bigger maps and overall a better experience.

Alot of people are. If you owned a business, you would put yourself out of business with that attitude.

Level 6

in reply to RunAndGun1

I don't want overly large maps like battlefield, and I don't want ALL the maps to be tiny-mid sized like in recent CODs... Make a variety of sizes. I want small, medium, and large. Though lets avoid XL please...

Call of Duty =/= Battlefield .

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to v Sim CO

vsimco wrote:

I don't want overly large maps like battlefield, and I don't want ALL the maps to be tiny-mid sized like in recent CODs... Make a variety of sizes. I want small, medium, and large. Though lets avoid XL please...

Call of Duty =/= Battlefield .

EXACTLY. Make a variety of sizes of maps. Then everyone is happy. Hence, MORE people will play. Isn't that the point of selling a product? To make it so MORE people are happy about the product? Hello? Buehler?...Buehler?

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

MW2 maps were great.  BO1 maps were great.  MW3 maps were good.  BO2 were okay.  I am not grading the maps by size but how well they played.

MW2 had a verity on verticality and horizontality.  You had flat open maps like Wasteland, then you had 2-4 story maps with limited lines of sight like Karachi.

I think that if they actually put some more verticality back into COD maps then the maps would feel so small.  Skidrow from MW2 was a small map but it played big because it had 2 stories in many places, not to mention the different pathways to get around the map.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head iivrruummii. well almost, i still dont think a map like hijacked or nuketown would be any better if it had extra levels you could access.

My opinion MW2/WaW had the best maps, they were big enough to have 2 or 3 seperate battles on without constantly tripping over people and running round corners into knifes etc but not so big it took you longer to get to a battle than it did to fight and win it.

The very best maps i remember playing were WaW (still my favourite cod by far) the maps couldnt have been more perfectly sized and mixed with plenty of different routes to take and ways of flanking the enemy, currently the game is way too predictable, the enemy will come from either right left or center, its not very challenging and aslong as your aiming your gun down one of the routes your bound to get plenty of kills. WaW you kinda had to guess which routes would be used (obviously some were more popular than others) but you still had options of a few different routes.

The main problem i have with the current maps are that not only the maps but the routes are way too narrow, couple that with the thousands of inanimate objects they seem to find room for along each route and there just isnt enough room.

WaW had a similar map to hijacked in a train station in one of the DLC's, what i mean by similar is long and narrow.... only the WaW map was much much longer and the different routes were alot wider aswell.

I do agree that adding 2 or 3 stories to maps would make a big difference aslong as the maps were a good size to begin with, an example that springs to mind is Slums, overall not a bad sized map would deffinatly be better if we had access to the 2nd/3rd stories in all the buildings, the map would feel much less cramped.

Wasteland and Skidrow were two of my all time favourite maps in a cod series and they couldnt be more different. Which brings me to my next point,

The maps need to be completely different from one another, one map should not play the same as the next, each map should have different numbers of routes/accessible buildings. the whole choke point idea should go though, the games used to flow alot better before choke points were the main focus in map design.

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

Just look at Scrapyard.  The map was probably the size of Slums or smaller and played very well.  It had many building that had 2 or more stories and their was long hallways and lines of sight.

All I want Ghosts to have is more vertical maps.  I am tired of a one plane map.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Could not agree with you more! That's what is missing, right now you die, then you have 3 options, left, middle and right. MW2, you died you could go 163563 ways (maybe more, not quite sure). This is what it needs.

Level 8

in reply to v Sim CO

Nah we need epic sized maps with 16/16 battles, large maps with 9/9 battles. medium maps with 6/6 battles, and small maps that only allow 4/4 battles.

I think the team size should be directly related to the map size and the other way around. No clusterfudges where you have a large number of players on a small map. Nor any slowmo games where you would have 4 players on a large or epic sized map.

Or the best would be dynamic map sizes where as players leave the match it shrinks the available map size down. Once more join agian it opens up other parts of the map once more.

Level 70

Studios