My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design

in reply to trialstardragon

There is no fast map.  Nuketown will almost always have a sniper picking from the backyard or in the house.  Its not a big map.  I went for shooting the feet under the bus for a while.  Just picked off the feet with a sub or assault.  It was pretty fun, but that map is so small, you get that urge to move and waste.  If that bus moves in ghosts because of the phsyics, its going to be pretty cool.  Now you have a bus blown in two

Level 3

in reply to Scotland-Rules

If it's true that devs for COD are turning to esports for map design inspiration then we're in deep poop. This series will die faster then a fly on crack if that's the case. Esports and MLG are just promotional tools. Like an insecure child who needs you to tell him you love him every five minutes, the devs are turning to these tools to promote the game after it comes out and beyond. That's fine if it means improvements to the game series. But, from what I've heard, the influence of these gaming avenues have caused more harm then good. Especially given the horrible map designs of BO2. Horrible to me. And weapon balance? Really? BO2 had the worst "balance" with OP handguns. This came from MLG? Scary.

At this time I've lost all interest in Treyarch and don't have plans to buy their next version of COD. I have more faith, and have had better experiences with IW despite others views. It will take quite a feat from 3arch to gain back my faith. If they don't plan on developing a variety of map designs and sizes for BO3 it could mean the death of COD, as far as I'm concerned. They need to wake up, drop Vonderhaar, and show some more loving to the COD community.

Level 21

I disagree that any of the maps on W@W were too big. What I saw on the large maps were too many players on each team playing as snipers. And what do snipers do? Camp. That's the play style of snipers. Nothing wrong with it. But when half your team are snipers, the match will be really slow on a large map. It's not the map that's the problem, it's the players. I couldnt believe how many people played as snipers on BO2. Considering that 90% of the maps on BO2 were tiny, when I would see people spawn as snipers I was baffled. Of course, map design plays a big part as well. But, you can't deny the affect of half a team playing as snipers has on a match.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 (to scotland-rules) 6 hours ago

I disagree that any of the maps on W@W were too big. What I saw on the large maps were too many players on each team playing as snipers. And what do snipers do? Camp. That's the play style of snipers. Nothing wrong with it. But when half your team are snipers, the match will be really slow on a large map. It's not the map that's the problem, it's the players. I couldnt believe how many people played as snipers on BO2. Considering that 90% of the maps on BO2 were tiny, when I would see people spawn as snipers I was baffled. Of course, map design plays a big part as well. But, you can't deny the affect of half a team playing as snipers has on a match.

Camp? lol no snipers SNIPE! its the verb you moron, they don't camp, sitting in a building with a lmg or shotgun in a corner is camping, Snipers snipe, that's the freaking VERB, A sniper in real life doesnt go around trying to quickscope or constantly move around, no they sit in one spot, take and accurate measure of the distance, and wind speed, time their shot, and try to get that perfect shot that instant kills you, They are not meant to be moving around period.

Furthermore people who like to snipe and who are good at sniping will sniper on any map, its definitively harder but not impossible, and by making all of the maps small or medium sized the developers are encouraging a run and gun play style, and any obvious sniper nest, most snipers don't even like to use because they have like 4 entrances, and no cover from the occasional grenade,

Lastly your point of large maps meaning the entire team being snipers?! lol MW2 wasteland, huge obvious sniper map, yet after 1 or 2 good snipers take out the enemy teams snipers it usually comes down to barely 1/3 of either team is sniping, and using a m21 ebr like how most people sprayed with it is not sniping.

Sniping is sniping not camping, Map variety is important with large medium and small maps, because it shows the people who can change play styles or choose a harder play style for any map, and separates the skilled and the skill less.

Level 2

in reply to abelthywicked

abelthywicked wrote:

RunAndGun1 (to scotland-rules) 6 hours ago

Camp? lol no snipers SNIPE! its the verb you moron, they don't camp, sitting in a building with a lmg or shotgun in a corner is camping, Snipers snipe, that's the freaking VERB, A sniper in real life doesnt go around trying to quickscope or constantly move around, no they sit in one spot, take and accurate measure of the distance, and wind speed, time their shot, and try to get that perfect shot that instant kills you, They are not meant to be moving around period.

Furthermore people who like to snipe and who are good at sniping will sniper on any map, its definitively harder but not impossible, and by making all of the maps small or medium sized the developers are encouraging a run and gun play style, and any obvious sniper nest, most snipers don't even like to use because they have like 4 entrances, and no cover from the occasional grenade,

Lastly your point of large maps meaning the entire team being snipers?! lol MW2 wasteland, huge obvious sniper map, yet after 1 or 2 good snipers take out the enemy teams snipers it usually comes down to barely 1/3 of either team is sniping, and using a m21 ebr like how most people sprayed with it is not sniping.

Sniping is sniping not camping, Map variety is important with large medium and small maps, because it shows the people who can change play styles or choose a harder play style for any map, and separates the skilled and the skill less.

I think what RunAndGun1 was trying to say was that if you came up against a team of snipers who for the most part need to stay stationary for some parts of the match was that it can lead to the game being slow.

To be honest dude you need to chill, he used the word camp to describe a method of play which is being stationary and not moving. I myself try to avoid using the word camp and instead use other words but its a pretty well known word that many use in CoD.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

I think what RunAndGun1 was trying to say was that if you came up against a team of snipers who for the most part need to stay stationary for some parts of the match was that it can lead to the game being slow.

To be honest dude you need to chill, he used the word camp to describe a method of play which is being stationary and not moving. I myself try to avoid using the word camp and instead use other words but its a pretty well known word that many use in CoD.

Thanks, scotland-rules. That's exactly what I was trying to say. Only trolls, boosters and hackers are "morons" in my book. I'm simply sharing my experience and views here, which is what I believe forums are for, correct?

I use words here that I know are understood to have certain meanings. Camping is a reference to taking up a position and not moving from there for long periods of time. I sometimes camp to assess my surroundings, especially if I know an enemy is following me and I stop around a corner waiting for them. Or if I'm new to a map, I will slowly move around it sometimes stopping to "camp" to take mental notes of the layout, etc. All in all, I just want to have fun playing the game.

Level 21

I hope they stop catering to the garbage MLG and spawn exploiters and start making bigger maps again and they get rid of 3 laned maps as well make it where in order to get to a certain spot on the map you can get there anyway you want.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

You know that most maps since COD4 have been 3 laned maps?

I don't know what you have against MLG but it is a great organization that provides a community like ours to have a competition so good players can get paid to play games for a living.  They may have catered to them in BO2 but it was for a common goal to make the game better.  Which in my opinion BO2 was a MUCH better game than BO and MW3.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

You know that most maps since COD4 have been 3 laned maps?

I don't know what you have against MLG but it is a great organization that provides a community like ours to have a competition so good players can get paid to play games for a living.  They may have catered to them in BO2 but it was for a common goal to make the game better.  Which in my opinion BO2 was a MUCH better game than BO and MW3.

The major change though from the three lane map design was for some reason up until MW3 they pulled it off pretty successfully.

BO2 did a few things right but they need to understand catering the game to a small population of players who participate in MLG on a regular basis isn't a good thing when the vast majority do not participate in MLG.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to iivrruummii

I have to disagree BO was better than BO2 in how it played.

Level 70

Studios