MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN!

in reply to iivrruummii

Your the one close minded. Your only thinking how it benefits you (your team that has not quit). Now put yourself in the shoes of a guy who's whole team has left him and he has to play 1v6 when the game just started. Explain to everyone how that is a positive when no one else is allowed to join.

Level 8

in reply to iivrruummii

I agree, but as long as there is some way that makes it difficult for other players in the game to leave. For example, people can leave if there is just one minute left in the game. Maybe in domination, if there is a lead of 125 (just an idea) or higher, a player can leave.

Level 9

in reply to basketball1367

If they are getting stomped they can leave.  If they leave while not getting stomped then they get a penalty or punishment.  Have is set based off of the teams total performance.  If one team is losing 50-5 in TDM then the losing team could vote to forfeit or quit.

Level 47

in reply to MuscledRMH

Its not a new engine its would take 200 engineers to amke a new engine. "when we're talking about a new engine, we're talking about upgrading significant systems within that engine -- we're not talking about throwing it all away  and saying we're starting from the ground up," vOLKER TOLD Official Playstation Magazine UK.

just had to put that out there, hat when people say new engine.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to MTeves

MTeves wrote:

Its not a new engine its would take 200 engineers to amke a new engine. "when we're talking about a new engine, we're talking about upgrading significant systems within that engine -- we're not talking about throwing it all away  and saying we're starting from the ground up," vOLKER TOLD Official Playstation Magazine UK.

just had to put that out there, hat when people say new engine.

Which means we may still end up with the same problems we're experiencing in BO2. Just that IW might actually have made SOME changes to reduce lag. Yes, there will always be lag. But, there's no excuse for the lag we have in BO2 when games like Battlefield 3 and their huge maps don't give me nearly the lag I experience in BO2.

I say dedicated servers. But, there's always someone who comes along and says, "You clearly don't understand dedicated servers."

Wrong. I understand dedicated servers ENOUGH to know that they play a huge part in reducing lag during gameplay. Battlefield 3 is PROOF of that. So, I don't need some goofball coming along telling me what I don't understand. My experience outranks their opinions.

MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN..? Change in attitude will improve gameplay in COD like nothing else.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 wrote:

I say dedicated servers. But, there's always someone who comes along and says, "You clearly don't understand dedicated servers."

Wrong. I understand dedicated servers ENOUGH to know that they play a huge part in reducing lag during gameplay. Battlefield 3 is PROOF of that. So, I don't need some goofball coming along telling me what I don't understand. My experience outranks their opinions.

I'll be that goofball to tell you you don't understand dedicated servers.

Comparing BF3 to Call of Duty is unfair and unequivalant. BF3 doesn't come close to the number of players that player Call of Duty, Activision would need to have a server farm in every major city around the world. That's how popular Call of Duty is. The funds needed to do are something no one can possibly comprehend, even with Activision's profits from game sales.

Then you have to think about the number of games these servers would have to support. Each year is a new game and each year is a new dedicated server system. You can't just switch the servers to the new title all at the same time. The transition between titles goes far past Christmas. You have to buy new servers and let the players make their way on to them.

Third, BF3 may have huge maps and players, but BF3 runs at 30fps and it's grahpic quality is nothing compared to Call of Duty. CoD would need far more resources to run than it would to power BF3, you add that to how many more players play CoD and in the end you have a multi-million dollar bill to pay each month per consoles, per title to put Call of Duty on a dedicated server.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

I'll be that goofball to tell you you don't understand dedicated servers.

Comparing BF3 to Call of Duty is unfair and unequivalant. BF3 doesn't come close to the number of players that player Call of Duty, Activision would need to have a server farm in every major city around the world. That's how popular Call of Duty is. The funds needed to do are something no one can possibly comprehend, even with Activision's profits from game sales.

You're probably right, ghamorra. I stand corrected.

All I know is that the lag in BO2 is lag like I've NEVER seen before in ANY previous COD title. So, the fact remains that lag comp CAN be improved enough to make gameplay better for EVERYONE. From what I've heard about Ghosts, the issue of lag has been made a priority. Hopefully we'll see a noticeable change in Ghosts. I don't expect the lag to be great in the first month after release of Ghosts, because I know that multiplayer has to be played by the public before IW figures out what needs to be adjusted.

What infuriates me about BO2 is that it seems quite clear that 3arch has done nothing to adjust lag comp. Lag was bad for BO1 in the beginning, but it was improved well before the six month mark following release. It's been almost eight months since BO2's release, but lag has worsened and the spawning has actually worsened over time without any sign of being adjusted or improved.

At this point, I will not likely buy the next Treyarch version of COD. It would take a lot of convincing and proof to change my mind.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Black Ops II has gotten worse because Trey expanded the host selection to a wider range of players. Its popularity is falling quickly and in order to sustain itself they host selection has been made so the game can pick more candidates, this means people who should be host are made host for sake of getting matches going.

Level 75

in reply to RunAndGun1

Being behind other players in time is the single worse thing in COD IMO, worse than target finders, stealth bombers, one man army, noob tubes, death streaks....etc etc... nothing infuriates me more, than to know a guy is coming around a corner, you know he is coming so you go prone and aim down sights, waiting....then suddenly your dead, you watch kill cam and see that you didnt even fire a shot because he was already around the corner before you saw him...this also happens in reverse when you try to escape around the corner and know you have, but yet die anyway......LAG is the single worst thing in the COD series IMO....and hopefully they are concentrating 100% on that issue

Level 17

Studios