How IW can solve the problem with overcamping. I hope they, and you, are reading this.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping. I hope they, and you, are reading this.

in reply to Jeremysmokin420

If only I got paid for every thread I have read complaining about campers. As already said they have been in every FPS ever, and will continue in future games too. There are already numerous things in the game to identify the camper, motion detectors, tactical equipment, support streaks, thermal scopes, the list is endless. Yes these things have counters, but no camper can run them all at once. Have different classes and pick the one you need.

I sometimes camp, sometimes rush, but always play to the match. By that I mean adapt to the situation I find myself in to get the best result I can. No point in complaining about how others choose to play, it's their game, their right. But it is also my game, and my right to back out of a lobby if I dont like others play styles.

Level 38

Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping. I hope they, and you, are reading this.

I have been and have fallen victim to countless 'camp-offs' and I must say we do see you coming every time! haha :-) I'm not sure the problem is really with camping itself, I do agree that sometimes camping is necessary, especially if your in a lobby where your whole team backs out and your left 6v2 for a few minutes until new players can join the host. Also if you end up getting spawn trapped... or it may just be that sort of game. What annoys me most is when somebody looses all track of the game type or objective over sitting in a room and clocking up kills for kill-streaks, I honestly do think that ruins the fun of the game. But with that said I think the whole format of the way COD offers up killstreaks has become very boring. It's just gone down hill since mw3.

In order to truly balance the game out they need to separate the kill-streaks out into reward catagories that run simultaneously with each other and their delivery should vary per game type. For example...

Kill-streaks go back to the classic... UAV @ 3, Predator @ 5 and the new guard dog @ 7. And it should get capped at that.

Then lay score streaks on top of that as a second simultanious run racking up captures, defends, plants, defuses, revives, assists etc into a point pool with all the big hitting score-streaks as a reward for actually playing the game. Meaning if your using your chopper gunner to kill people trying to defuse your bomb then your kill-streaks will roll on. And when your playing team death match your earning score-streak points from each kill because thats the objective. For TDM you can even add a streak multiplier.

I genuinely think a system like this would see truly good players shine.

And lets just say death streaks made a come back. I've played many a game where I've been killed over and over, I'm talking Nuke Town spawn trapped and chopper gunner style. If there was appropriate death streaks the game would balance itself back out of that situation. The newbies could have a little fun and people wouldn't get so bored of dying all the time.

What I'm trying to say is that the "kill-streak" system is the cause of camping. If you didn't get any big hitting rewards out of it... people wouldn't sit in a room like a **** while everyone else is trying to complete an objective. And the rest are just bored of dying over and over again.

But its just my opinion :-)

Level 1

in reply to Drewbloke_RAGE

I don't know how many other fps games you play, but people camp in games with kill streaks, and games without. It has been this way for over a DECADE. People  have/will camp because they choose to. NOTHING will EVER change that. Don't fret, next year there will be a new buzzword to blame loss on. Drewbloke, I wasn't pointing this at "you" . Please don't take offense.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

Jeremysmokin420 wrote:

There was a reason why camping wasn't as massive in Black Ops 2 as it is in Ghosts.

Have i fallen into the twilight zone or something? What is the matter with people, are we so selective into out thinking that "camping" is now the topic to try to justify our fails?

What part of BlackOps2 complaints and whines did you miss along the way, if you were even present during that time in the forums?

Let me see:

1- Target finder LMG complaints and how cheap that was, no?

2- Riot shield target finding players with shock charges (did that not happen)

But because many who write here seem to forget so easily BO2 and Ghost are not immune to the defensive player, the dude who PREFERS to hide more often (which is his/her Choice).

Let me cite a few notable examples of "camping complaints" in the BO2 era:

1. Re: Extreme Camping
  2. Re: Hey guys do you want to become a pro at camping? Well click on this!
  3. Re: Patch 1.04 = More Camping!?
  4. Speaking of camping...
  5. Camping!!
  6. Camping is OP
  7. Why DO people camp???? Just why exactly do people camp!!!

These are but 8 examples of the same complaint, the same attitude of failure and the same old as dirt whine,

What the OP fails is mostly at, that by speaking of this subject more and more, you are only PROMOTING it!

Its time to wake up COD player, mentioning this as you do, with the undertone that it WINS will cause more to do it. Fail throughout fail.

Nice Marketing for this issue.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Honestly, I started playing black ops 2 near the middle of it's life cycle,  and as for the forums, no, not for black ops 2, because I really never had any complaints about the game. Had I, Probably. Campers in black ops 2 are far different in ghosts. In black ops 2, there weren't as many nooks and crannies to hide in.  They were stuck patrolling areas because most of the time, there were multiple ways into those locations and not much hiding ground once in them(with a few exceptions). They were more of patrollers, than campers. With the additional cover and spots to hide, I feel that Ghosts has created the perma-camper. One that really doesn't move an inch and just waits for someone to come by. As for the "talking about campers more will just make everyone want to camp" issue..... I'm sure if we switched out the subject matter on that, it would show that your logic is flawed.  Like "talking about those who want to commit suicide will make everyone want to commit suicide; talking about child molesters more will just make everyone want to molest a child; Talking about murders more will just make everyone want to commit murder." Doesn't make much sense, does it.  And as for I am not receiving any reparation, I am not marketing this post.  It is just receiving a lot of attention.  And lastly, I don't bring this up to justify my own fails.  I know what my faults are, and play better as of knowing them.  Perhaps you are mistaken me for an individual who turns into a hardcore, not move a muscle camper because I don't recognize what I am doing wrong and it is easier to not push myself into reacting faster, or not building the muscle memory it takes to make you a truly excellent player.

Level 3

Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.

Jeremysmokin420 wrote:

. In black ops 2, there weren't as many nooks and crannies to hide in.  They were stuck patrolling areas because most of the time, there were multiple ways into those locations and not much hiding ground once in them(with a few exceptions). They were more of patrollers, than campers.

I guess you did not read the attached threads I cited in my first response to your complaint. But let me help you more:

MW3 era:

1. http://community.callofduty.com/message/205313545#205313545
  2. http://community.callofduty.com/message/105992144#105992144
  3. http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100586331?tstart=0#.U1Px0_ldVp8

You tell me how "camping" was not prevalent then as it is now? There is no difference, the only one thing that is the same is the complaint and the never ending promoting of the subject creating more interest in the subject (which is what you are doing in this thread).

Let me cite previous complaints and articles written about what you exactly say about Ghost except its BO2

"Overall, Black Ops 2 multiplayer really does look camper friendly. The only difference is there are even more tools for campers to call upon than ever before. If you’re a run-and-gunner, you might want to consider looking at Medal of Honor: Warfighter instead." source: http://www.blackops2forum.com/blog/cod-black-ops-2-looks-too-camper-friendly

and this gem explaining how to camp on Bo2

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200533485

Look nothing vs you and your thoughts, you are mistaken if you think Ghost and its players wont do as they please.

of our training"
Level 75

Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.

in reply to Izjar11

Am I everybody else?  You are trying to take my personal experience with a game and turn it into someone's other than my own.  So I will change the above to In my personal experience, In black ops 2, there didn't seem to be as many nooks and crannies to hide in.  People appeared to be patrolling areas because most of the time, it seemed like there were multiple ways into those locations and not much hiding ground once in them(with a few exceptions). It appeared there were more patrollers, than campers. As for people doing what they please, this post wasn't created to stop camping, it was created to come up with ideas around them.

Level 3

Jeremysmokin420 wrote:

Am I everybody else?  You are trying to take my personal experience with a game and turn it into someone's other than my own.  So I will change the above to In my personal experience, In black ops 2, there didn't seem to be as many nooks and crannies to hide in.  People appeared to be patrolling areas because most of the time, it seemed like there were multiple ways into those locations and not much hiding ground once in them(with a few exceptions). It appeared there were more patrollers, than campers. As for people doing what they please, this post wasn't created to stop camping, it was created to come up with ideas around them.

I have no idea what your trying to get to and what I have been attempting to demonstrate to you fella, is that you are ENCOURAGING camping by threads like this. If that is too much to comprehend, than we have nothing more to share. Good luck camping. i mean losing, I mean what ever it is you do.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Camping in game is what promotes camping.  Unless you are weak-minded, talk is just that, talk.  From my previous post, which you must have missed, As for the "talking about campers more will just make everyone want to camp" issue..... I'm sure if we switched out the subject matter on that, it would show that your logic is flawed.  Like "talking about those who want to commit suicide will make everyone want to commit suicide; talking about child molesters more will just make everyone want to molest a child; Talking about murders more will just make everyone want to commit murder." Doesn't make much sense, does it.

Level 3

Jeremysmokin420 wrote:

Camping in game is what promotes camping.  Unless you are weak-minded, talk is just that, talk.  From my previous post, which you must have missed, As for the "talking about campers more will just make everyone want to camp" issue..... I'm sure if we switched out the subject matter on that, it would show that your logic is flawed.  Like "talking about those who want to commit suicide will make everyone want to commit suicide; talking about child molesters more will just make everyone want to molest a child; Talking about murders more will just make everyone want to commit murder." Doesn't make much sense, does it.

Guy,

Stay focused on what you are doing here, not the outside world. No one suffers at getting killed (in the game) by someone in a corner or hiding, dont compare real world events (where actual people suffer) as something similar to this topic and its relation.

Yes, what you are doing is promoting camping here, trust me, you are.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios