Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

in reply to birdman4256

Can off the grid perk be adjusted to only work when mobile and NOT stationary?

I can answer that one for you as Candice did confirm that "Off The Grid" works when stationary so it's not BO2 Ghost perk.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

can someone explain to me the difference between todays global reveal vs the one that was on aug 14th?

Level 1

in reply to achemerys

On August 14, Infinity Ward revealed most of the multiplayer information. Today, we got a new map (Chasm), a new mode (Blitz), and game play. Gamescom marks the first time the public can get hands-on with the game.

Level 9

in reply to basketball1367

ok..excellent.  thanks!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to basketball1367

I wish the gameplay on Chasm lasted longer. It looked like a good map. So far I'm loving the maps for Ghosts.

I still want to see more before November.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Agreed. Luckily, there are still quite a few stops on the world tour. I'd expect to see many more maps before launch. I agree: the maps look VERY nice. I would have also like more Chasm gameplay. It was difficult to tell how big it was with the amount of footage we got. I'd have to guess it's a medium to large map.

Level 9

in reply to birdman4256

I have no problem updating the thread with adjustments we make. & We're definitely reviewing and considering what is written here. Thanks to everyone for participation so far! A lot of good questions and feedback already!

birdman4256 wrote:

That is a very good suggestion my friend! Infinity Ward should implement this into Ghosts and future titles. Fill those empty lobbies FTW

I would still like to also know some unanswered questions from IW.

Will blast shield protect you from all explosive damage including the danger close perk like flak jacket in black ops 2 does?

Will there be a nuke type high end killstreak to keep the game challenging for longer like MW3 was?

Will there be additional notes posted here on what gets adjusted prior to release?

Will the dedicated servers on xbox one be ranked and all players be using them like other games do?

Can off the grid perk be adjusted to only work when mobile and NOT stationary?

Are questions and suggestions posted here really reviewed and considered by IW devs?

Thanks

Message was edited by: birdman4256

in reply to vims2011

This is a rad idea, I'll let the team know. Don't know how easy/difficult implementation is, but it's worth bringing up!

in reply to candyslexia

That would be awesome actually. I know frequently large parties like to back out of a match and you're left playing against 1 or 2 players with your full team. Having AI take over until new players join would definitely be a huge benefit to the game.

Speaking of which, one thing I hope you guys can implement in regards to match-making is the ability to leave a game session and avoid it. For instance, maybe that lobby is too laggy for you, or there are boosters/glitchers in the lobby, or you just aren't a fan of the map. Being able to leave and not be put right back into the same match when you try to find a new one would be such a welcome addition.

In addition to that, maybe the ability to preview the match status before being forced to join it. Like when you join a match and you quickly see who is the lobby and which map it is before it forces you in. Having it pause at that screen for say, 5 seconds, and giving you a chance to back out before making you sit through the load process would be a big help.

These would benefit not only the players trying to join the matches, but also the teams already in the match because they won't get settled with a player who doesn't want to play and just keeps leaving, keeping them at a player handicap of -1 or more. Instead, they'll get players who want to play finally.

And lastly, still relating to match-making:

Is there any chance we can see a "Disable Join in Progress" setting so that we can avoid matches in progress?

I know it's a lot of questions (well 3), but playing MW3 these last few days has made me think of them and I thought I'd throw them out there.

Level 35

in reply to candyslexia

candyslexia wrote:

This is a rad idea, I'll let the team know. Don't know how easy/difficult implementation is, but it's worth bringing up!

Oh wow, thanks!   That's awesome if something like that can be implemented into the game.

It's almost like the "Combat Training" playlist in BO2 as the A.I bots can be temporarily replacements until players join the match in progress to replace those bots.

I felt the probation system in BO2 hasn't encouraged players to stay in the match as there are still plenty of matches where I'm either playing against a full team on my own or that the opposing team have rage quit leaving my team to play against 1 player.

Level 51

Studios