Dedis - Matchmaking - Just the facts ma'am.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Dedis - Matchmaking - Just the facts ma'am.

in reply to Maccabi

If it is possible to get the game running even remotely as close to MW2... I'm cool without them. I'm not going to go all FAIL in the emotional department over the "bread buttering" that has been going on for years between ATVI and MS. Because in all reality, the constant disclosure of info for dedis has always been... ( as you have stated) is the financial burden for dedis for the entire population of the 360. This scenario now, isn't the 360. It is a low populated console for the time being.

Yet, again thank you for finally using you hooked on phonics program..HAR HAR!!! Awesome and informative post as always, Pal.. Thanks again...

Level 59

in reply to Maccabi

Having played lots of BF3 on dedicated servers in the US, I can tell you that the experience was night and day from older COD games in terms of experiencing lag, latency issues, matchmaking, and obviously, no hosts leaving mid-game (and please don't turn this into a COD vs. BF flame war).

I think cautious optimism is always best for something I haven't personally tried, but I do have the utmost confidence that the online Ghosts experience on X1 will be wonderful.

Level 8

in reply to Maccabi

Lots of interesting information....Thanks.

Your post was even deserving of a mention from oneofswords .

Level 18

in reply to Maccabi

Thanks, maccabi!

This is by far the most useful and productive post regarding Ghosts I've ever seen. Thank you for putting this together.

This gives me hope for Ghosts. Personally, I have a lot more faith in IW. My experiences with COD has always been better when the title was from IW. BO1 had horrible lag on day one, but the lag seemed to be reduced over time. Whereas, BO2 has had horrible lag from day one and it continues to this day. If lag comp is adjustable, as some have said in these forums, then Treyarch has no excuse for the continued poor performance of BO2.

I may not be able to get XB1 when Ghosts is released. But if my experience with Ghosts is any better then what I've experienced in BO2 then I will probably end up paying the $10 to upgrade to the XB1 version.

Thanks again for your thorough presentation.

Level 21

in reply to Maccabi

Great post, really easy to follow (kudos)

I have a question for you:

If the matchmaking is based more on router metrics, will it be possible that matches are mixed with some players using azure (local) and some using the old system (peer/listen)?

Will there be conflicts between matchmaking and server location?

Azure seems a great innovation, I hope we get something similar for PS4.

If not I get on fine with the current system, I have a slow connection (rural) but it's smooth.

I can just see the posts of the future about how someone lagged on a dedicated server, as you said it's not an answer to everything but a step in the right direction for COD.

Level 20

in reply to Maccabi

Just to clarify for those that aren't entirely sure, the One is getting the ranked dedicated servers also, right? Because that's probably one of the biggest things that people are spreading and it wasn't clearly noted for the One as you noted for the PC to get ranked servers.

Level 18

ab36 wrote:

Just to clarify for those that aren't entirely sure, the One is getting the ranked dedicated servers also, right? Because that's probably one of the biggest things that people are spreading and it wasn't clearly noted for the One as you noted for the PC to get ranked servers.

Yes there confusion I think lies with people assuming the dedis for consoles would be like pc dedis, where historicaly theres been ranked or unranked.

As the dedis for xbox one are controled by atvi they would be ranked.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Ok, I need some clarification.

I know nothing of servers. What does it mean by "ranked server"?

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Ok, I need some clarification.

I know nothing of servers. What does it mean by "ranked server"?

Ranked basically means your stats are recorded and uploaded to the stats servers so you prestige, unlock stuff ect basically how we play now on consoles, unranked means you can play and your stats are not affected

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

Thanks, maccabi. I think you're my new reliable source of information on Ghosts.

Level 21

Studios