DLC: Reduce the price, or increase the content.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

DLC: Reduce the price, or increase the content.

I know people complain about this, and I know it's not really IW's fault, but $15 for four maps is unbelievable. I cannot believe just how greedy companies are getting. Obviously I'm pointing the finger at Activision.

FOUR MAPS. Awful. We should be getting 10, MINIMUM for that price. I just cannot believe the money grabbing!

Imo DLC should be free. "Thanks for buying our game, as a token of our gratitude, here's some cool free maps for you to enjoy every couple of months, to keep things fresh, thank you".

Ha. No chance of that happening, you'd never do anything nice for your gamers would you activision?

$15 for 4 maps. Not good, not good at all.

EDIT - After reading some of these replies I can remember why I stopped using the COD forum, one of the most unfriendliest fanbases I've ever seen.

Message was edited by: Tobzza

Level 4
44 REPLIES

Re: DLC: Reduce the price, or increase the content.

in reply to Tobzza

Buy the Season Pass and save money.  As for MW3 and BO2 they have given us the most content so far.

Level 47

in reply to Tobzza

Actually... it's 4 MP maps and 1 Zombie map. Please get some facts correct before you spout off into hyperbole land.

Btw... if you don't like the price...

... newsflash...

Don't buy it.

And of course you think DLC should be free... typical me first, over entitled, instant gratification now generation thinking.

Bra... freakin'... vo.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I completely missed where he said it should be free.  LOL.  Companies make a good portion of their money off of DLC.  Another thing is these companies are businesses and the are designed to make money, they ARE NOT a volunteer organization helping the poor.

Level 47

in reply to RAN Kismet

I'm talking about IW map packs, obviously I know there's a zombies map as well in TA DLC's. If I was talking about the TA map packs then don't you think I'd post it on the Black Ops 2 forum?

Not as smart as you think you are.

IW give you 4 maps and some spec ops missions that aren't even worth acknowledging. If you don't see that this is a rip-off then you've been brainwashed.

Level 4

in reply to Tobzza

Hey I enjoyed the Spec Ops missions.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to Tobzza

Actually... as it stands, you're making stuff up. They've yet to announce DLC for Ghosts. Hell... they've yet to show Ghosts MP, period. Why don't we see the price point and content? I know... that's not convenient with your POV.

I don't see this a "rip-off" because I have a calculator and understand the economics of bringing software to market. If you want to discuss previous titles to Ghosts... newsflash, again... ATVI is the publisher and sets the price (regardless of the dev).

And, yes, I am as smart as I think I am. Thanks for the concern.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

And of course you think DLC should be free... typical me first, over entitled, instant gratification now generation thinking.

Bra... freakin'... vo.

Thumbs up, rankismet. That's one of the things that bug me about current players in BO2. The same people that think...

"...screw my teammates I'm here for my own KDR ((despite the fact that the game is team based))...I'll push my teammate into crossfire if it means I get a kill, blah, blah, blah..."

The most self-centered group of players I've ever encountered. Battlefield players are a lot less selfish.

But, at the same time....I'm not surprised.

Since Vondehaar and his untalented minions at Treyfart pump out tiny maps (which encourage camping), have done nothing to fix the crapazz spawning, horrible match making, and ridiculous lag. Is it any wonder some people want "free" DLC.

Since I trust Infinity Ward more then 3arch I'm expecting a better product and gameplay in Ghosts. Although I'll wait to see what maps come with Ghosts before I decide to buy a Season Pass. If there isn't a variety of maps in Ghosts' original release, I won't expect the DLC will be any better. But, if they've proven wiser then 3arch - as they usually do- I'm hopeful for Ghosts.

Level 21

in reply to Tobzza

Noobish thread.. nuff said.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Wow, you sound intelligent, thanks for the constructive critisism.

Level 4

Studios