Bring back diversity

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Bring back diversity

in reply to Ghamorra

You said you weren't complaining about a playing style.......but that's exactly what you're doing

Level 4

in reply to iivrruummii

Run and Gun is killing this game because they're not making plays. They sprint around the map expecting the enemy to jump into their crosshairs. Nearly every R&G player trades a kill for a death and usually finishes with the far more deaths as their slower teammate. There's no throttle with R&G, they go full speed and pay little attention to what's around them. This is why people camp. It's easy to hide in the shadows and get kills because rushers haven't the slighest clue what's around them.

If this game is centered around the rushing style then I see this title failing harder and faster than ever before. Call of Duty needs balance and the community needs to stop being so selfish.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Run and Gun is killing this game because they're not making plays. They sprint around the map expecting the enemy to jump into their crosshairs. Nearly every R&G player trades a kill for a death and usually finishes with the far more deaths as their slower teammate. There's no throttle with R&G, they go full speed and pay little attention to what's around them. This is why people camp. It's easy to hide in the shadows and get kills because rushers haven't the slighest clue what's around them.

If this game is centered around the rushing style then I see this title failing harder and faster than ever before. Call of Duty needs balance and the community needs to stop being so selfish.

As I said I am a run and gunner.  I do extremely well for myself.  I get more than 2 kills for every death.  But I just don't run around 24/7.  There are points in time where I wait for the enemy to come around the corner.

You cannot be good at just one playstyle in BO2, you need to have a hybrid to be good.  That is what campers don't understand.  You need to push up and get yourself in a good position for map control.  As a run and gunner I don't have a problem making my way across the map and then sitting at a choke point.  I camp all the time when it is necessary.  But most people do it when it isn't necessary.

The people that are killing this game are not the people that are running around, because people did that in every COD to date.  It is really the complainers that dislike how run and gunners because they are moving around and making plays that could change the game.  A team of campers won't win a game of Dom, but a team of rushers will because they are the ones making the plays to get the upper hand.  You can complaing about run and gunners all you want but that doesn't take away from the fact that run and gunners are more vulnerable than someone just sitting in a corner and thus need that extra potection.  Campers don't do anything when it comes to objectives, they may capture the starting one but then they just sit in a corner all game after that and keep going back to the same spots no matter how many times they die.

In the end it is up to the developers to balance the perks, NOT US.  Most of out imput on perks is biased as it is because we don't like how someone plays.  3arc did an amazing job at balancing the perks out, even though there were some that weren't really that good(Hardwired).  In MW3 most people ran the easiest classes in the game which would include Assassin more often than not.  People in BO2 run whatever they want without something being godly overpowered like Ghost was in BO1 and Assassin in MW3.  Stealth perks should not be a necessity, like it was in the past.  Now that Ghost was so overpowered in BO2, people felt they were more inclined to use something else.  That is why I run Flak Jacket.  Ghost is still quite good but it just doesn't make me go and put it on all my classes.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Run and Gunners (guys who just constantly rush into the enemy spawn and all over the map) more often than not get their teamates killed by flipping spawns, causing the enemy to spawn behind a teamate who may have just spawned, or stopped to reload, or call in a streak. etc etc....most deaths seem to come from being shot in the back in recent CODs

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

Run and gunners/rushers cause so many problems...NOT!  LOL.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Your evidence is a domination game on nuketown, you're aren't serious right? Nuketown spawns are crazy as its an ultra small map.

Try a map like Meltdown, that's a perfect example

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

Me running and gunning on MW3.  All I have to say it was much easier to R&G on previous COD games.

This gameplay I didn't use any Stealth Perks.

Level 47

in reply to Albysky

I agree, Me and my team held back and I the spawns didn't flip and we won the game

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

Complaining about one playstyle, like run&gun (or whatever you want to call it), is being just as selfish as someone who complains about camping (or whatever you want to call it)

Level 4

in reply to JKL_9697

I'm not complaining about a playing style. I'm complaining about the lack of balance in playing styles. Rushing has evolved beyond a competent style of play because there's no limits to it anymore and people are still trying to push for the game to be faster. Rush all you want, but it's not what the game should be focused on.

Level 75

Studios