Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

in reply to Ghamorra

There was zero elevation or complexity in the maps for black ops 2. Mw3 were almost just as bad. No idea why the massive decline in level complexity was where the devs wanted to go since black ops (which, really, didn't have THAT much either but far more than bo2 and mw3)

Level 6

in reply to DrKuhn1

Because adding multi-level maps mean rushers can't chase dots as efficiently as they can. When you see a dot you don't have to search various floors, there's only one place a guy can be.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Fact. and that's the bottom line. I'm compelled to believe the mlg scene is the reason for this undesirable trend to been alive this long since mw3.

Level 6

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Map design was a huge fail in Black Ops II it favored everything but stealth and strategy. All you need to do to be successful is go nuts. Not saying you can't use stealth or strategy, but chaos mode is just so easy that it's favored.

I think Treyarch's map design was based on 4 vs 4 player/competitive which is why it more of a rush-fest than strategy and stealth. Treyarch made brilliant maps in BO1 (that catered to different playstyles) but really messed up in BO2 once they designed maps for competitive.

I consider myself a rusher yet I don't agree with BO2's map design catering to chaos.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

I think Treyarch's map design was based on 4 vs 4 player/competitive which is why it more of a rush-fest than strategy and stealth. Treyarch made brilliant maps in BO1 (that catered to different playstyles) but really messed up in BO2 once they designed maps for competitive.

I consider myself a rusher yet I don't agree with BO2's map design catering to chaos.

Black Ops maps were hands down my favorite. It really worked every playstyle. The reason I think Black Ops II maps are so chaos oriented is lack of long vantage points to control the pace. Certainly a well organized team could control a map, but it's so much harder for 1-3 players have any kind dominance. Sadly, you can have a great game just going nuts spraying and sprinting around.

Look at the was high traffic areas set up. Most maps have choke points that are confined but open meaning you don't have to aim, Hell you don't have to shoot your gun. Just toss a C4.

Level 75

in reply to vims2011

I noticed one little thing that bothered me is back from black ops 2 made it's way into ghosts: The non nonsensical placement of odd building entrances. In the primary ghosts gameplay vid that's flying around in that medium-ish sized gas station level, there's a pointless hill that runs up one of the buildings and creates that unnecessary entrance. I'll always notice dumb s**t like this as a camper, because it's a lazy rusher design inclusion. I miss being able to peer through a crack in a brick wall in mw2 and pick off people as they unintelligently keep running down a tunnel that i have a clear advantage over and they never change their strategies

Level 6

in reply to DrKuhn1

I Think the perk should work like it did in black ops 2. Replenish everything Except tubes. As a trade off I behind that the throwing range of every projectile should be reduced. Lower the arch and reduce the range. He ammo replenishment should be somewhere around 20 bullets or so to keep the band perk (max ammo) perk viable and this perk should at least be bumped to 3 points.

Level 6

in reply to RenovaKunumaru

You realize there is a perk called strong arm that lets you throw things further in the game. So really reducing the range would not mean anything for a person could just increase it back with the perk.

Level 70

in reply to RenovaKunumaru

I mostly agree. I'm ok with bumping up scavenger to 3 points to give it the additional abilities to replenish everything but toob ammo. I'm not sure if there needs to be a trade off. Perhaps, if anything, they need to make the perk "fully loaded" more attractive by giving it something else like "Also gives you twice as many tactical and lethal equipment" but that might run the risk of turning the game into a halo-fest with grenades everywhere lol (or cod4 since those grenades were god mode and had perks supporting a gameplay style of just going full nuts with nades all over the place...and the levels allowed it even further).

Idk, according to http://www.codghosts.net/perks-list/ Scavenger is worded as replenishing equipment but this site is obviously speculation. Still, it goes without saying that scavenger, as it is, isn't even worth 1 single point. Let's hope Candyslexia or Teanah actually stroll into this thread and contribute to the discussion to give us SOME hope on the matter.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to DrKuhn1

DrKuhn wrote:

Let's hope Candyslexia or Teanah actually stroll into this thread and contribute to the discussion to give us SOME hope on the matter.

She did in the pinned thread on the reveal. As of right now, Scavenger only refills ammo.

The response is here... Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios