My strategy for being a strong team player... the "AMMO GUY"

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Highlighted

My strategy for being a strong team player... the "AMMO GUY"

Hi Everyone-

I just read a great post from x1HxTakeNotez describing his strategy for solo play on nightfall and it inspired me to write this post about my favorite strategy for working with a team to survive the Nightfall. Please feel free to leave comments and additional tips that you believe will help people be more  productive team players. (My loadout and style for Point of Contact is nothing close to this, there may be a future post on that if requested.)

First off... Ammo. I love being the "Ammo Guy". Sure its a strain on the wallet, but it is one of the most important roles a person can play in team mode. I max it out immediately on the first 2 hives and throw out a new box before each drill is planted. Always before the drill plant. $1250 is not going to make or break a money spending challenge, but it will make a world of difference on a spend no money challenge. If I'm low on cash I'm never afraid to ask for some cash... people always love the ammo guy and rarely refuse a cash loan request, especially when they know I'm about to replenish them with some sweet, sweet explosive goodness.

My next round of skill points are going into my pistol... ????.... I know what you are thinking. How does that help the team? I will tell you shorty, please be patient... If you accomplish all the challenges on the first section (not too hard at all) Then that puts you at level 4 pistols and you can now hold weapons. This allows you to keep one gun slot for your favorite weapon and the other slot for the team. The team slot is for whatever weapon challenge comes up. I can't tell you how beneficial it is to the team to be able to complete these challenges without forcing less skilled players to drop a good weapon that they are comfortable and more effective with. Don't worry guys I got this... just hit me with some boosters if you can... you already know I never need ammo . I stop at level 4 on pistols at this point, usually holding an LMG in my favorite slot in order to keep the Rhinos off my homies.

Next round of skill points goes into my Medic class. I bring that up to level 4 as fast as I can and stop there. Obviously, at this point everyone on the team is being spit at by those a-hole scorpions and at level 4 I don't have to think twice about running in a yellow cloud for a revive.

*** Side tip for novices (carry and max out your armor early. you will instinctively throw it out when you are in trouble, and if you do go down anyway... It will get you revived without fail if a medic can pick up max armor just before attempting a revive on you.

Next up is... Akimbo pistols... anyone that plays pistols only relic knows that dual MP-443s are comparable in killing speed to a death machine in close quarters and they reload fast too. Once you go Akimbo.... you will be running fast, killing fast, reloading fast, and throwing so much ammo to fulfill your double handed alien killing rage that your teammates will think you are going crazy with all the ammo you are throwing down. (They will be right in this case.) Just keep feeding this Ammo Guy with performance enhancing drugs (boosters & feral) and you will be choking on ammo all game long. I try to throw out a fresh box every time I see money dropped or boosters on the ground.

The rest of the skill points acquired I use in all different areas depending on the deficiencies of the team and the challenges that arise. With this loadout and upgrade sequence there will surely be more skill points coming your way. As far as Strike package I prefer IMS. It is great for babysitting the drill when you are off doing challenges or getting a revive. They can also give you good cover while reviving in a crowd. As far as equalizer... I leave completely up to you.

This strategy has served me well and I hope it helps some of you who are still trying to find something that works. It is incredibly fun as well... which is most important.

Please feel free to post about what works for you guys. And I know someone has a loadout and style that perfectly compliments my loadout and level up strategy... lets hear it.

All the best,

DanDanielsonXx

Shout out to x1HxTakeNotez for his post on solo play that started the trend in extremely long posts. LOL

Send me a request if I don't get to you first.

Level 7
25 REPLIES

Re: My strategy for being a strong team player... the "AMMO GUY"

in reply to DanDanielsonXx

My best Team loadout is the Medic class.... Given this is a FPS a lot of people latch onto the WEAP SPEC class and never let go, you do have options lol. I latched onto Medic out of the need for one since no one else would play one forever when Ghosts came out and still wouldn't after they unlocked the other classes to play with...... the quick n dirty?

Medic

Magnum

Explosive ammo

Feral Inst,

Sentry

Riot Shield

With this class in POC or NF I can outrun all monsters... never go down unless Im last man up and am overwhelmed. I get a lot of kills and assists, I get the revives which I like even though we get no money like repairing. I still get shit for using the magnum but I love that damn hunk o' steel and it's damage rating! Sentry gun? Who wouldn't want dual miniguns covering their ass? Riot Shield is hands down the cheapest slab of thick skin you can slap on your back when things get hairy.... ever trying reviving your whole team with 2 rhinos on your back for the run back in POC? I have and will swear before God that that silly riot sheild made it all possible lol. In short folks try different things on your runs, when with higher level players ask them why they picked their loadout and how they make it work so well in game. Extinction presents us with many different ways to play it and win so we should try whatever worked for someone else because it might just work for us!

Level 8

in reply to PugnaxAlbere

Forgot to say when Im the team Medic i don't offer to be the ammo guy since my first 7 points goto my class for the benefit of the team! BUT usually by the last hives in a game if the team is good to go then Ill dump my extras in the ammo cuz who in the hell would complain about more ammo? Thanks again everyone OFC Pugnax

Level 8

That's a great point Pug. Communication will make even the least skilled players better. Let people know what you are doing. What weapons you are buying, searchables you found but don't need, where you are placing your mini guns, grenade turrets and sentry guns: all useful information for the team. It avoids everyone in the team from buying the same weapons at the same time and most important is to ask what people are spending skill points on so you don't overlap.

I can't tell you how many times people make a plan in the lobby, then when things start getting crazy people don't stick to the plan. Its not too bad as long as you let people know what you are doing, so at least people can try to change the plan on the fly to make up for it.

How many times have you heard... "Who was supposed to level up armor?" or whatever the example maybe. Someone forgot to or needed to spend the points on something else... not the end of the mission as long as you let everyone know.

Keep the posts coming fellas... Pug if you are on 360 send me an invite... I play late night after all the paperwork is done and kids are asleep.

Level 7

Im on EST timezone in the US. I rocket my lil ones to bed by 830-900ish and assume control of the TV and Xbox usually until the wee morning hours much to the dismay of my wifey lol. Ill look for ya and hope to game with ya soon! thanks

Level 8

in reply to PugnaxAlbere

I tried adding you last night, but it wasn't going through for some reason. It kept telling me to try again later.

Level 7

medic

pistol varries

explosive for nightfall/ fire for poc

team booster

sentry for poc/ ims for nightfall

riot shield

i upgrade my medic to 4 and then get my team support/ammo up depending on which im covering by 2nd section i work towards maxing out my shield/sentry depending on the map and on 3rd area i work on maxing out my riot shield my sentries on poc and my medic if i have the spare points. any extra get put towards my ammo/pistol. i use my riot shield to tank every rhino and even if im reviving someone hey i got 25 health on my ass i can turn my back towards them. i love my revives and with my speed boosts im to the person asap. i dont kill to much so i love team boosters cuz it lasts a full min which is a long time when ur getting swarmed and i can easily make back the cash as well as use a lmg if i want to. i offer cover support mainly and focus towards reviving my team and taking damage for them in the long run

Level 6

Nightfall and POC are slightly different for me.

NIGHTFALL:

• Engineer Class
  • Grach Pistol
  • Explosive Ammo
  • Team Booster
  • IMS
  • Riot Shield

I use my first 8 points to go towards ammo + booster. I will add 2 to ammo, 2 to booster, 2 to ammo, 2 to booster. Why? Because some times you get a "use pistols" so then it's upgraded ammo enough to do that. Other times you get a few things where you need to knife "50% accuracy", or "don't reload". They can be at any random time, so it's good to do it this way.

Once those 2 are fully upgraded, hopefully we can get the additional 2 from the breeder (the challenge + defeat), which I use on pistols. I then use the next 2 on pistols to carry two primary weapons, for challenges.

Next I will upgrade Engineer fully. After that, I will do 1 for my riot shield, and finally do my IMS. If I have enough remaining I then do my akimbo pistols (that's obviously if we have done all challenges).

I ALWAYS supply a constant stream of ammo + boosters. I am an ammo/booster guy.

POINT OF CONTACT:

• Medic Class
  • Grach Pistol
  • Explosive Ammo
  • Team Booster
  • Vulture
  • Riot Shield

I start with the same, which is Ammo + Boosters.

Next I do medic to +3 so the gas clouds don't harm me- Money is easy to obtain on POC in my opinion, so I don't mind swapping out custom weapons for challenge weapons.

Next I do my Vulture to maximum. Then I do my pistols to 1.

After that I will do my final medic upgrade of 3 points.

I always refuse to switch out my team boosters for anything else, unless it's a lobby of people I have played with before and know will upgrade their's if they use it. I have been in far too many games where two of us have had booster, so I figured "I'll switch mine". Then they don't upgrade there's. I feel boosters (team and feral) make a HUGE difference in this game.

Level 36

in reply to Stinky666

here's mine: (if i am in a good lobby,else i use like stinky ammo+team booster))

POINT OF CONTACT:

• Medic Class
  • Grach Pistol
  • Explosive Ammo
  • Armor
  • Sentries
  • Riot Shield

First at all i max out armor

then 2 points for pistols

next medic +3

if we done all changes i start upgrade my sentries

during the game i often look at score screen in order to see my teamates cash.

if the ammo guy is often with low cash , i start upgrading my ammos ,else i continue with my sentries.

NIGHTFALL:

• Medic Class
  • Grach Pistol
  • Explosive Ammo
  • Armor
  • Vultur
  • Riot Shield

in Nightfall i do it a bit different:

first i max out armor in the first 2 hives.

then i keep my points until the first breeder challenge::

if we have the 90 seconds chalenge , i may upgrade pistols to buy an LMG as second primary if i think the team needs it and it allows me to be ready for weapons challenges.

if we have the eggs challenges , i prefer upgrade my ammos to max  because in nightfall it is hard to have cash so i try to help the ammo guy provinding some ammos.(when possible )

then i upgrad medic+3

i finish with vultur.

I think that in nightfall it is better if 2 people have ammos maxed as in the second area it is a very difficult job to be ammo+booster guy . even in the final battle if you don't kill the breeder quickly ,some extra upgraded ammos don't waste.

Level 15

in reply to Stinky666

You can play in my lobby anytime Stinky . That loadout and strategy is about as strong as they come. A good engineer is invaluable for the third section of Nightfall. You basically turn into a banker at that stage with all the money you rake in from the traps.

Anyone that hasn't tried a loadout like this should definitely give this strategy a try.

You can always tell who the engineer was on Nightfall because they are usually the player with a few hundred kills more than everyone else.

I have also heard that maxing out the class makes your explosive ammo more effective. Its pretty clear that the explosions graphically look larger in the game, but does it drop aliens faster? I believe it does, not sure if its just in my head though.

Has anyone made or found a good video test on this?

Level 7

Studios