5/13/14 Ghost update "SUCKS" No more GTs; goodbye InfinityWard

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Re: 5/13/14 Ghost update "SUCKS" No more GTs; goodbye InfinityWard

in reply to bobbyowens

^^This is a fair enough statement. Expressing an opinion without being a deadset sook.

Level 28

in reply to bobbyowens

the only reason you never fallowed the leaderboards is because you were never even close to the top. LOL

Level 1

in reply to SnipeAholic1

Do you have a link to the update notes? I'd like to know what else has been changed.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to ROXSTARUK

Here's a link to the PS3 updates, the Extinction Updates are in there... I'm assuming it's the same on all systems.

Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (5/13/14)

Level 14

in reply to SnipeAholic1

It's ok for you to quit ghosts nothing of value was lost anyway.

Level 8

in reply to SnipeAholic1

This is ridiculous, it's all due to the sooks who keep complaining about joining Public Match and people steal all the kills. For one, kills mean nothing in Extinction, just a way to get teeth, it doesn't affect your score at all but all the 'un-experienced' players get annoyed.

Another point is that if you were a true Extinction player why are you pub stomping anyway, all the people that dislike it are probably players that aren't worried about score and just play the average game every once in a while (nothing wrong with that, I just don't believe you have the right to complain without experience).Most of us who play as a community all have friends that we play with and discuss whether we will be using the GT in pre-game lobbies.

Proof of this is the people arguing above me, I know spiderkn0ws as a great score player, yet the people disagreeing with him I have never seen contribute on this forum ever. @LHR_Gaming_Elite, you have 10 points, thats like 1 post. @jmdg333, you have 136 points, only a handful of posts. @sieperry 1562, I have seen you, but you also contribute a lot to MP (which is fine, I'm just trying to make a point).

It actually makes no sense why people are saying "oh noobs do it to get kills because its easy" as if you've been in games with noobs that use the GT. What are you doing in a lobby with someone who you don't want to play with? You make no sense and your arguments are invalid. It's called a pre-game lobby, usually it's where you discuss what your load outs will be for the match, just to let some of you know.

I can see what's going to happen now, every score player is going to switch back to the Portable Turret, like the good old Nightfall days, and we'll watch these forums pile up in the hate for that too. And then it will be Riot Shield abuse, and powerful Vulture launchers (which is incredibly OP if you didn't realise) etc.

Please stop this, personally, I believe they might as well reset the Mayday leaderboards again, since all of the top-scoring players used the GT for that.

Just one more thing, I'd like to see a 5 relic escape on Mayday from a person with less than 20 escapes, you must have 0 downs, be on solo and with no GT or PT.

Level 28

in reply to GetChilledOut

I'm just gonna defend myself, I never said that people that use the GT are NOOBS. What i dislike about the GT is the fact that the majority of its users spam it due to it costing 1000. Its perfectly fine in SOLO because in SOLO the GT becomes your best friend, helping you escape 5 relic runs or Hardcore or BOTH. When the GT is in COOP however, it makes its companions feel useless. People dont need a GT in COOP in my opinion. That is why I'm happy with this nerf but for solo, it kinda disappoints me. I just hope now that the community will find a new way to play SOLO Hardcore/5Relics without sitting and a corner for the entirety of the game.

Level 6

in reply to GetChilledOut

I could probably do 5/relic escape with no PT/GT but I have more than 20 escapes and I would probably go down a few times but it is doable. Just wouldn't be simple.

Level 7

in reply to SnipeAholic1

damn man , i understand peoe frustration with coop, but because you complain about coop they nerf the shyt for solo to, damn man i lost all the jnterest kf playing as i was perfecting Gt strategy for poc solo... PT is still good but it requires alot more attention to every detail in the game. seariously why the fuck they nerfed GT :/

Level 10

in reply to SnipeAholic1

Everybody is entitled to their opinions however I think there is one thing most people have missed and that is that the turrets,vulture, shield, ims, all of them are supposed to aid you in completion. The whole point of the games are to make it through with a gun, using these items as additional support. None of them should be powerful enough to hide behind for an entire match IMO and up till now they were.

I can understand peoples frustration at nerfing things but lets be fair, if you are willing to give up a game purely because a weapons potential has been decreased, thus making the game more of a challenge, then you probably aren't good enough to be complaining so strongly. I am by no means an "elite" player, but I can hold my own without having to rely on my support items.

If you want an easy game where the GT beasts all, jump into casual. Some people are relying too heavily on these items which is why IW feel the need to act upon them. I wouldnt be surprised if its the MK32 that gets nerfed next as its what a lot of people are using on POC, myself included. But I wont bitch and moan about it, as LHR said, adapt and overcome.

Level 6

Studios