Diamond Division Leaderboards are Online

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: Diamond Division Leaderboards are Online

in reply to -FACA-

Check the news section of the cod app for "clan wars tokyo and sydney", and it explains why.

"Beginning with this war, there will be a fixed degradation of Diamond Division leaderboard points over time. Stay in the fight or risk dropping rank."

Level 23

in reply to LifeSong1

It looks like all the top active clans lost 5% of their points. Some less active clans seem to have lost about 15% of their points.

Level 3

in reply to MLDWAY1

My clan didn't lose points.  We have only played the last two DD wars.  My assumption is they remove the points earned from wars won long ago.  This gives newcomers the chance to eventually catch up.

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

I had suggested the implementation of something like that over a month ago in an old thread.  I'm sure it's coincidence, tho. But I like the idea of the point degradation, if it's being done in the way I'm thinking.

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

Well that can't be, because Sydney was our first Diamond war. I had just noticed that we lost 11 points from the time I checked it at 1:05pm to the time I checked it at 8:45pm.

I would figure the degradation would start after the first war you missed. Not in a 7 or so hour period between wars. We can't stay in the fight if there isn't a fight to stay in.

Level 9

in reply to KnightOwL2

Perhap's your points went down for some other reason?  It's strange mine wouldn't have changed, and Sydney was my second war..

However they are doing it, is totally confusing.  All we know is it's happening, not how.

I had always thought they should do Clan Wars Season points, with a Battle Royale to top it off. Your points would start over at the beginning of the next season.  At least it would be more obvious that way.

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

I just thought it was a scoring correction when I noticed. No big deal really. Just wanted to state we lost points and moved up.

I actually don't know how they came up with 206 points (195 after 5% drop). I came up with 95 points when going by that Diamond Division and Battle Royal scoring thread.

80 for first.

2 for first node captured in war.

3 for most node captures.

5 for holding 4 nodes at the same time.

5 for capturing every node at least once.

95 Total.

We get no clan size bonus, as we are only 3 deep. Not sure if we qualified for a scoring bonus or not. We scored 602 points in the Sydney war. But even if we did, that doesn't put us at 206 (195 after 5% drop).

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to KnightOwL2

Yeah, that is strange.  Our points were pretty much in line with the: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200847837

We should have earned 42 for Sydney, and we earned 31 for the previous war.  Our points should be 73, but they are 71. They were posted as 71 the moment the boards came back up after Sydney, and did not change.  I'm guessing they took the 5% from one of our two previous wars before the leaderboard was running again? They or I could have made an error in calculation is another possibility. In any case, it's just guessing since they have not explained how the points degradation works.

One more thing I noticed is that when our points posted at 71, we were ranked 559.  Later we moved up, and our points stayed the same

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

Maybe they just flipped our clan war score of 602 and gave us 206 in leaderboard points.

So I take it they will be doing the 5% degradation on Thursday nights? Then again, they do things at different times after each war.

Hopefully they get more organized for Advanced Warfare, if they do this type of thing.

Level 9

in reply to KnightOwL2

Honestly, I don't see how it's possible you could have gotten that many LB points.  I also don't understand the discrepancy in my clan's leaderboard's points.  They really need to provide a detailed explanation of how they are coming up with the points.

Level 23

Studios