what happened to the sounds???

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

what happened to the sounds???

So I hated MW3 because it took a lot of the skill away from the game with no recoils, etc.  That being said I was pumped for BO2.  However, a few issues bug me, some are just plain horrible and I can't believe that were changed for the worse, or not even touched.

First, my main issue = SOUND!  What the hell?  The guns sound horrible, grenade sounds are little poofs.  And more importantly you can't hear the enemy around you.  I have TurtleBeach XP400 headset and the sound on this game just went away.  You made gaming headsets obsolete.

Second, spawning.  Why am I still moving around a corner and an enemy spawns 2 steps behind and to the side of me so when he spawns he sees the back side of my head and shoots??  How hard is this to fix?  Halo had that figured out in Halo 1 and 2, when was that??

Third, recoil.  Why did you pick up MW3's recoil problem??  You took the skill out of it just like they did.  BO1 and least had skill involved so that you couldn't just hold your trigger down and shoot.

I expected better.

Level 1
5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: what happened to the sounds???

in reply to xWEAZELx

personally i think the sound is great and alot better than years past. i'm also running turtle beach kilos which also improves the sound quality. spawning still sucks, and i don't have any issues with the recoil.

Level 8

in reply to xWEAZELx

The sound is definitely different and while I realize that it's fairly muted compared to MW3, I think that I prefer the muted sound.  While the sound of the explosions sounded great in MW3, that great sound also made it very difficult to hear anything else while it was going off.  I would imagine that once they get the footstep problem fixed that having the explosions muted will prove to be quite helpful to headset users.

Level 69

in reply to xWEAZELx

The sounds are same as black ops

Modern warfare different franchise has different sounds

They did it to make blops more unique

I prefer mw sounds

Level 14

in reply to xWEAZELx

sounds are no where near like black ops because black ops had sound....ppl are running up and knifing me and i cant hear a thing. i have tritton ax pros btw

Level 1

in reply to cakew0rk

I'm referring to the sound effects for weapons and frags etc

Level 14

Studios