You have a super fast connection and everyone else is super cheating... Here's how to fix that...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

You have a super fast connection and everyone else is super cheating... Here's how to fix that...

[Removed by Moderator.]

Level 12
5 REPLIES

Re: You have a super fast connection and everyone else is super cheating... Here's how to fix that...

in reply to DarthBryan

I tried this on mw3 and it didn't work. But then I'm lost when it comes to adjusting my network.

Level 11

Re: You have a super fast connection and everyone else is super cheating... Here's how to fix that...

in reply to DarthBryan

DarthBryan wrote:

In your internet connection settings, manually set the MTU to 1300 (the default is 1500). This will drop your connection and ping speed and put you in sync with everyone else. It's that simple.

You're welcome.

no it wont and thats really bad advice.

I suggest everyone doesnt do what the op says.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Yes it will, but whatever. It won't kill anyone if they try it. The setting can always be put back to the default. Not like I care if anyone else out there wants to take this advice.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to DarthBryan

DarthBryan wrote:

Yes it will, but whatever. It won't kill anyone if they try it. The setting can always be put back to the default. Not like I care if anyone else out there wants to take this advice.

If you don't care then we'll happily close your thread. A bit more explanation and information is better. We have had threads dedicated to this before and they're laced with disclaimers.

in reply to DarthBryan

This is the kinda crap that causes such a huge problem with lag comp.

Level 34

Studios