XXXXX Chopper Gunners need a fix (video)! XXXXX

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

XXXXX Chopper Gunners need a fix (video)! XXXXX

Hello everyone, I'm here to talk about an issue that is now starting to affect me. I am a decent player, but not good enough to get Chopper Gunners and Attack Dogs every match, but when I do get my chopper gunner, it gets shot down instantly. I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

Here's a video to show Treyarch how some players get rewarded for a 9 killstreak:

Also, the person who posted the video made a comment saying "the fact is the chopper needs more flares and should be immune to lock on for the first 10 secs" and it has a lot of thumbs up.

Please take a look at this Treyarch.
Level 6
37 REPLIES

Re: XXXXX Chopper Gunners need a fix (video)! XXXXX

Chopper gunners are hit and miss, some times you get a good team that will shoot it down, just because you get a killstreak, you aren't guaranteed kills. This game is about you and your gun, not you sitting in a chopper.
Level 35

Blackbird FTW!
Level 31

Brian.+ wrote:

Chopper gunners are hit and miss, some times you get a good team that will shoot it down, just because you get a killstreak, you aren't guaranteed kills. This game is about you and your gun, not you sitting in a chopper.

You don't need a good team to shoot down a Chopper Gunner. I've gotten Chopper Gunners shot down by players with M72 Law launchers. And in less than 15 seconds. As long as the other team has at least 2 people with M72 Laws, or 1 person with the Strela- 3, your Chopper Gunners aren't gonna last for more than 20 seconds like 95% of the time.
Level 6

tommy_zoom wrote:

Blackbird FTW!

Blackbird is good, but doesn't last very long either, so you don't get nearly as many kills as you would with a fixed Chopper Gunner.
Level 6

Brian.+ wrote:

But what if I EARNED a Chopper Gunner? If I get 9 kills without dieing I deserve the privilege of "sitting in a Chopper Gunner" and getting more kills. Right?
Level 6

AGVZ wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm here to talk about an issue that is now starting to affect me. I am a decent player, but not good enough to get Chopper Gunners and Attack Dogs every match, but when I do get my chopper gunner, it gets shot down instantly. I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

Here's a video to show Treyarch how some players get rewarded for a 9 killstreak:

Also, the person who posted the video made a comment saying "the fact is the chopper needs more flares and should be immune to lock on for the first 10 secs" and it has a lot of thumbs up.

Please take a look at this Treyarch.

lol, i knew it was going to be WOR video before i clicked it.

but i do agree with him, i get shot down before i can even shoot people
Level 7

dont you hate that? people hear huey and get their launchers out.. what can you do?
Level 1

Brian.+ wrote:

Agreed. Whenever I only get 2-3 kills with a Chopper Gunner, I always think "Wow, they were ready to shoot it down".

It baffles me that people get mad that they don't rack up 10-15 kills with it.

It's like people want other people to willingly get killed by them.
Level 10

Basically, I was on Nuketown and got one, and before the doors even opened and the person grabs the gun I got shot the first time. I then get 1 kill and it's shot down. Honestly, a Spy Plane is more effective than a chopper and it takes at MOST 3 kills to get. A chopper gunner takes more kills, which should mean it's more rewarding, but it's not rewarding in the least. Obviously since I have a positive K/D and barely any chopper/gunship kills because they get shot down I don't rely on stuff besides my gun, but it's called a reward for a reason, and we're not getting the reward. Honestly, I'd be fine if they made it so that only SAM turrets can take it down and it takes 3 shots from one, that'll never happen. I guess if they made it so the first shot at it couldn't come until after 10 seconds from when you get to the map that would be fine too.
Level 10

Studios