Treyarch and activision troll us with LAG comp

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Treyarch and activision troll us with LAG comp

TLDR - Just read it :/

Let me run a few things by you guys. maybe TLDR but I've covered the good parts, its worth reading i promise.

Lag comp is in every FPS game to date since the beginning of FPS in late 90's

Lag comp cannot be removed, but instead tweaked to better standards.

I agree the lag comp / sync issues / connection / LAG! is horrendous in this version of call of duty

laggiest call of duty to date.

Opening your NAT type doesn't actually FIX the lag, it just simply makes it less laggier.

Choosing preferences in game to best helps, but I still get 3 bar lobbies and lag comp.

I see none of the treyarch or activision devs talking about the lag comp, it needs addressed

to those who don't experience this crazy lag and get lag comped to death like the majority of the community, just please shut up and stop saying LOLz omg it because your bad or adapt to the new game. The lag comp does exist and it's ****ing a lot of people over. Just because it doesn't happen to you don't mean it doesn't happen to others.

I agree, all of the good players should have higher KD ratios and get higher point streaks.

still yet I think people need to keep tweeting david vonderharr and tell him how bad the lag is... better yet, start recording the videos, upload them so this can get addressed faster.

My internet speed is 6 down and 756k up. 23 ms ping average. Not the greated but its not bad.

Opening your NAT does help a little bit, mine was set to moderate and swear to baby jesus that I was 2-3 seconds behind all of the enemies, and i was still keeping a 1.35 KD in this game.

the game has a lot of potential and i think a lot of people would do so much better if they werent lag comped to death.

One other gripe is that the head glitching in this game is also recockulous, they need to make the player models and hitboxes slightly bigger so it isn't just a helmet sticking up past a barrel.

make it like BO1 in terms of lag comp / connections / and player model size, that game was more balanced in those terms.

SMGs dominate this game, nerf them all.. i can't even use a ****ing Assault rifle because of this horse manuer.
Level 1
5 REPLIES

Re: Treyarch and activision troll us with LAG comp

in reply to StatikKill

I've experienced it in BO2 for sure and it drives me crazy BUT it's nowhere near the levels of MW3. It's better for sure and they will tweak it some more for sure. Patients.

Level 48

in reply to StatikKill

I'm with you on the head glitch problem.  I've never seen so many head glitch spots in one game.  It's definitely altered the way that I play.  My hats off to the guys that do manage to get to those higher killstreaks despite all of the head glitching spots.  I hope to someday get my game re-refined to the point of being amongst them again.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

The war machine is the highest I have gotten so far. Not that easy! I have yet to see dogs in this game too.

Level 48
Highlighted

in reply to ZvErS

zvers wrote:

The war machine is the highest I have gotten so far. Not that easy! I have yet to see dogs in this game too.

I find it very easy to get high killstreaks by using the right combination for the game type and using the killstreaks own assist points to work for you.

For example i play alot of dom, i run usually uav, cp and guardian.  or uav guardian and one high kilstreak

If you're team plays aggresively then you get a heap of points from the uav usually gets me my guardian after ive capped, and then the guardian if placed correcly will rip your assist points sky high.

Theres been loads of times i've gotten to the guardian without even getting a kill,.

Level 75

in reply to StatikKill

I like to called it "Getting Treyarched"

Treyarched:

1) A term used to describe inconsistencies and epic fails in any game made by the company, Treyarch.

When such things happens a person becomes enraged with the game they are playing, but passively put it off knowing they have been Treyarched.

2) The art of being trolled by the company Treyarch.

A. Prolonged exposure to being Treyarched can lead to multiple rages and the buying of many controllers. If your friend suffers from being Treyarched, it is best to get him away from the game as soon as possible, or he will become medically insane.

Dude wtf!? How did i hit him when my aim was off, but when I followed him perfectly none of my rounds hit and he killed me? I just got Treyarched man.

Level 2

Studios