'The Worm' Detailed setup!

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

'The Worm' Detailed setup!

Firstly,i didn't want to make this thread because it will just give it more publicity. But i wanted to find out if anyone else had came across it yet. I saw it on youtube a week ago through 402thunder402. But today i ran into it for the first time. It was on Yemen in the room by the ladder with the stairs leading up from the side alley.

The class setup :- Shotgun

Riot Shield

Tac mask,Flak jacket,Scavenger

Claymore/Betty,Trophy System

Guardian,Sentry gun,any other.

The setting :- Find a room with only one or two ways in. Plant shield at most popular entrance and claymore at the least popular entrance. Sit behind riot shield aiming down sight,waiting on poor victims of 'the trap'.

The aim :- To pi$$ people off to the maximum,players will almost always come back for revenge on 'the worm' thus feeding the troll. It is almost unpenetratable once 'the worm' is setup with his guardian and sentry gun.

Is this the new 'thing' that people will be doing more and more once it gets viral? I aren't a particularly runner and gunner,but i sure as hell wouldn't try this atall. It's cheap,and is aimed to just annoy player's.

Anybody else heard of this yet? Have you seen it in game,how did you deal with it?

I switched to pda class,but that isn't as effective as it sounds as i can only have 2 at one time,as once he is set up,there is a maximum of 6 things to hack/destroy. 2xclaymores,2xtrophies,guardian and sentry.

Level 7
6 REPLIES

Re: 'The Worm' Detailed setup!

in reply to Blackie111

Is nobody online in the forums? lol

Level 7

in reply to Blackie111

Must just be me then

Level 7

in reply to Blackie111

You should try using EMP grenades...In a small room one grenade can take out a bunch of stuff at one time...Two grwnades should take care of a ll equipment for sure...Also using EMPs is alot faster than hacking...I have never ran this style of play but i would love to go  against it...

Level 3

in reply to haysus83

Trophy systems take out the emp grenades. The only time they work is when you can get underneath,then yeah the emp is effective. If the room is on ground level,near to impossible to kill them.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Blackie111

The Worm is hilarious, I generally don't run into players that camp that hard though. An easy way to defeat hardcore campers is to use a Black Hat to hack the Trophy System and then throw an EMP grenade. Then you can throw your C4 to get the kill, the player will probably quit since his strategy won't work against you.

I haven't been able to test this new theory but, if 'The Worm' used the EMP scorestreak it might counter the Black Hat PDA so people couldn't hack his trophy. This could allow him to keep camping and possibly earn another EMP scorestreak which will improve his game tremendously.

Level 7

in reply to offthewall21

I disagree,and i think you will as soon as everybody starts doing it.lol. This will ruin game after game! Funny to watch at the moment,but won't be soon enough.

Level 7

Studios